IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I.E 10 & Windows 7?

joe2cool

Hi, never really used 'Internet Explorer', always really used 'Firefox' until recently & started using 'Chrome' as well. My laptop which as Windows 7 is now asking if I want to upgrade with an important update for I.E 10. Would I notice a big change from 9? Does 10 have a PDF reader built in? Is it better than FF or Chrome? Will it be fully functional on Win 7, or is it really for the 'touch' market?

Just wondered about people's opinions

Thx

Hi joe2cool,

I have not tried it on W7, but IE10 works very fast on W8.

IE10 is more secure than IE9. Fx., you can not install activex for flash, as it has it's own version which is changed by Windows Updates.

An example of ease of use is something I have mentioned before, there is a small eye shape near the boxes where you fill in a password of which if you click on it, the hidden content can be seen.

No doubth that if I were using W7, I would try to see the behavioral difference in that OS between IE9 and IE10.

Cheers.

Hi, never really used 'Internet Explorer', always really used 'Firefox' until recently & started using 'Chrome' as well. My laptop which as Windows 7 is now asking if I want to upgrade with an important update for I.E 10. Would I notice a big change from 9? Does 10 have a PDF reader built in? Is it better than FF or Chrome? Will it be fully functional on Win 7, or is it really for the 'touch' market?

Just wondered about people's opinions

Thx

Always use the rule of thumb. If it's not broken, don't change anything. I'm assuming that there's no problem with IE at all so hold off on that for now. Plus you rarely use it. Just do the upgrade if something does not for for you using IE. icon_smile.gif

I've had IE 10 on my Win 7 for about a week. Looks almost identical to IE 9. Very easy conversion. Seems to be working fine with me. It is slightly faster, I believe, although up to 20% faster as Microsoft touts is not that much a difference. But I have had no issues.

Leeman

Good question Toppak,

I don't know. It could be they improved some things that made the browser more effecient. Whether they left something out is unknown. I've looked at all the tabs, the tools, etc and didn't notice anything missing. I did not change anything after conversion. I just left it alone. I don't use any other browser, just IE. I want one browser. Adding others just seems to clog up the computer. Google, Firefox, etc are not even installed on my system.

Leeman.

I guess the Main advantage of IE is that Microsoft will Always 'Make Sure'

that the Latest version of IE will work completely with the Latest version of Windows. :grin:

It's my understanding that that is Not always True with other Browsers. :-(

To me it's just Less complicated to only use IE.

And IE-9 has been Great. :grin:

Well, I downloaded IE-10 and it Does seem a little faster

but it caused 2 problems that I did not expect.

I had 2 IE Icons on task-bar, 1 for 64-bit version and 1 for 32-bit version of IE-9,

but after IE-10 installed the 64-bit version icon was completely disabled and the 32-bit icon was changed to IE-10. :-(

Other problem is that evidently IE-10 does Not like my browser Homepage being a .htm file on my computers. :-(

It made changes to the .htm file, that I don't understand yet.

(I can find No reason for it to do That ???)

But I was able to use a backup copy of the file, to restore it to normal condition, by changing the Name of the backup file.

Both problems were a aggravation but I can live with those problems,

if nothing else gets screwed up. :roll:

For now, we will stay with IE-9 on the other systems.

Since I don't want to go thru the trouble of Restoring our Homepage file on those.

And it makes me a little angry that Microsoft would 'Do That', for No reason. :evil:

I will continue to test IE-10 though, on the one computer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yassuh!

Hi all,

read somewhere that IE10 is going to pushed into W7, if you have 9 enabled, most AVforums advise you to keep IE9 upto date even if you dont use it.

So check your windows update options

Roy

MS IS pushing IE10 on all IE9 Users.I don't use it much since I prefer a half dozen Browsers more but it IS the best Browser MS has ever had. ;-)

-Cowboy

I'm not really a fan of IE. Only if opening sites when IE is needed. Just want to give you guys a heads up though. There are some sites(not sure if I can name them) that doesn't work with IE 10.

I'm just not sure what they did with the current version of IE but this is the only one not being able to open the sites. icon_smile.gif

We have Not had any problems with IE-10.

I still think it is the Best browser available at this time.

If there are websites that it will not access then those websites are probably considered a Security-risk for some reason?

Since IE-10 has the Best Security of all the browsers.

Archived