IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Mystery program eating all my CPU

funmeandu

I agree with Scannan,

In the Windows Task Manager, the System Idle Process may occasionally appear to be using a relatively high percentage of the processor.

This is actually an indication of how much of the processor is idling and Available for running applications.

Not actual usage, so don't worry about it.

• 4 months later...

Mystery program eating all my CPU

I have a Mystery program called system idle process eating up all my CPU that says cant be found and only lists N/A's under info and properties when I try to click on it for info. Any ideas what I can/should/need to do?

I noticed the same thing -- right after FaceBook changed its format and started loading a gazillion ads. The FIX:

TOOLS > Internet Options > Pop Up Blocker > Pop Up Settings << Change it to HIGH. It's a minor pain to press Control/Alt to over-ride the blocker when you need to switch a page, but worth having control of the ungodly sapping of RAM/CPU.

It also helps (large) to be sure you have ASC's SMART RAM (in the Tool Box) on the lower right of your screen (start up menu) to periodically release the build up, especially when playing games or doing heavy research.

Cheers!

JC

• 1 month later...

From Major Geeks...

Use the free version of Pro Lasso (latest released i the past few days or so),controls ALL processes,you can restart any that are using too many CPU cycles,or you can terminate any that you need to.

I like it so well that I got a lifetime license,didn't cost too much! :grin:

-Cowboy

Archived