IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Boot optimize

gojohn

Hi gojohn, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Please elaborate what you mean by "optimize at boot up be for windows boots" as I find it hard to understand.

Do you mean to continue to defragment and optimize the normal files in boot time after optimizing the system files at Windows boot?

If it is so, IMHO, it can be an option, but only will stop the user from using the PC at the time of this operation and it will not cause the user to gain anything or make optimization better.

In that case, when Windows opens, some of the normal files will be fragmented again. 8-)

Cheers.

Hi gojohn

Like enoskype I have trouble understanding you.

Perhaps a screenshot from you of the Boot window in SD would help.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11534&stc=1&d=1366102180

The picture is a little dated, but shows essentially the same as the current version.

As you can see there are only max. 3 types of files that will be defragmented at boot time, depending on your choice of types to defrag.

The other files will have to be defragged quite normally.

By me all three boot type files were chosen to be defragged, nevertheless only 4-5 fragments were defragmented, even though there were quite some time between the boot defrags..

This tells me that the boot defrag option only has to be run at long intervals.

Please send a screenshot of that window from your machine.

Cheers

solbjerg

i like Smart Defrag 2 it dos the job but it will help if it optimize at boot up be for windows boots?

Hi Toppack

You may be right.

@ gojohn

My suggestion would then be to end the day by running a defrag and choosing the option to make the machine close after the defrag has run.

That way it will start the next day fully defragged.

It may be a good idea to read enoskype's thread "Thinking about defragmentation"

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. do you use automatic defrag or alternatively scheduled defrag?

I think he wants defrag to run at the System (or DOS) level,

before Windows starts, like chkdsk does.

But I don't know Why that would be Needed ???

And of course, it would be a 'Completely Different' program to do that. :roll:

Hi gojohn and all your guys,

Thanks for your feedbacks and all the explanations.

As solbjerg said, Smart Defrag has the " boot time defrag" function for the 3 types of files mentioned in the attachment.

However, if you want to defrag all the normal files after optimizing the system files in boot time, it may slow down your boot speed. Besides, as enoskype and Toppack said, it is not necessary to defrag all the file, for some of the normal files will be fragmented again when Windows opens.

Thanks our friends enoskype and solbjerg's timely explanation.

Also, thanks Toppack, for you are always so active and weamhearted in our forum.:-D

Archived