IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

disable Advanced Mobile Care - Malware Fighter v2.0

Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum.

During the install of IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free, downloaded at Major Geeks, I unchecked various options that offered superfluous programs that IMO were not germane to IObits Malware Fighter's true function to fight malware.

Upon completing the install, I checked Windows XP SP3's Services and discovered IObit Malware Fighter added a single Service named IMF Service set to Automatic. I also checked my System Configuration Utility / Startup, to see if IObit Malware Fighter added any RUN commands, but found none.

Opening IObit Malware Fighter 2.0 Free for the first time, I immediately noticed the Action Center icon was red, stating Problems found, alarmed me somewhat - but I knew I was free of malware as spyware, adware, Trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, etc, problems due to prior malware software, that I removed prior to installing IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free, ensuring I was free of these malware maladies then I clicked the Settings icon and looked over the various settings that I would prefer tweaking in the immediate future - but did nothing at that time.

Next I executed a Full Scan, then a Smart Scan, and after tweaking the custom settings I executed a Custom Scan.

Then I opened Action Center to investigate why IObit Malware Fighter was stating Problems found and discovered the PRIMARY reason for my registering and now posting for the first time in this forum. It states 2 problems found! and under Performance there exists two red colored exclamation points - one for Advanced SystemCare, Not installed with an option to Fix; and one for Smart Defrag, Not installed with an option to Fix - I will comment later on these two false problems. The third item under Performance is the PRIMARY reason I am posting - there is a green checkmark at Advanced Mobile Care defined to Optimize and secure your Android devi... with an option to Check for Updates.

http://i40.tinypic.com/de1v6t.jpg

During the install process, I was not informed of any option associated with Advanced Mobile Care - and I find no setting option, nor any Real-time Protection option that would DISABLE Advanced Mobile Care.

I am confused why IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free automatically installs software versus allowing the user to specify, confirm or reject software that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with my PC. Both Major Geeks and IObit website [http://www.iobit.com/malware-fighter.php] state "IObit Malware Fighter Free is an advanced malware & spyware removal utility that detects and removes the deepest infections, and protects your PC from malicious behavior in real time." Upon reviewing this IObit web page I find nothing referencing Advanced Mobile Care and nothing referring to any mobile devices - this web page [http://www.iobit.com/malware-fighter.php] only references and refers to PC use and that is why I decided to download and install IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free in the first place!

Since I do not own a smart phone, it is reasonable to conclude that I have NO USE for Advanced Mobile Care, specifically because I do not own nor use an Android device of any variety or kind.

Fortunately, prior to the install of IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free, I backed up my registry and so I chose to remove IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free from my PC - then I scrubbed my system removing all references to this software, reloaded a backup copy of my registry, rebooted, loaded my previous malware software - ran it to ensure there were no maladies present - then I removed that software (again), scrubbed my system, created a new registry backup file, rebooted, and installed IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free for a second time. Sadly, though perhaps not surprising, Advanced Mobile Care remains active and THAT is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE to me.

Other than FULLY REMOVING IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free from my PC, how do I fully disable Advanced Mobile Care?

Thank you.

CurlycurlySue

P.S. Regarding Advanced SystemCare, Not installed with an option to Fix; and one for Smart Defrag, Not installed with an option to Fix - at this time, I have no interest in these programs since I chose NOT to accept their installations during the IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free install process. Advertising for IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free at this website and Major Geeks is VOID of any mention of these other programs, Advanced SystemCare and Smart Defrag, and I was simply looking to try IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free, NOT try Advanced SystemCare or Smart Defrag.

Advanced Mobile Care is not installed by installation of any IObit Windows software including IMF!

Hi curlycurlysue, welcome to IObit forum! :-D

It will be better if a member of IObit Support Team reply to your other comments, but I wanted to make it clear that Advanced Mobile Care is not installed into your PC.

Be sure that the only thing concerning AMC in your PC is that sentence.

I have to admit that the wording and checkmark on the GUI for Advanced Mobile Care is a bit confusing. (Specially when "All programs are running perfectly!" is seen on the GUI as in the attached image.)

I believe, the intention of IObit is to promote that software if you are using an Android device, but it is not done correctly.

I agree that, "x problems found!" and "fix" should not be used, as information about using other IObit software could only be an advice or suggestion. You have to have something wrong to fix it!!! :-P

If the other IObit programs, such as Smart Defrag or Start Menu 8 (only for Win8) are installed, the suggestion is to use the links to run them.

I also have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 installed, but it does't say anything about it.

Cheers.

Hi curlycurlysue, welcome to IObit forum! :-D

It will be better if a member of IObit Support Team reply to your other comments, but I wanted to make it clear that Advanced Mobile Care is not installed into your PC.

Be sure that the only thing concerning AMC in your PC is that sentence.

I have to admit that the wording and checkmark on the GUI for Advanced Mobile Care is a bit confusing. (Specially when "All programs are running perfectly!" is seen on the GUI as in the attached image.)

I believe, the intention of IObit is to promote that software if you are using an Android device, but it is not done correctly.

I agree that, "x problems found!" and "fix" should not be used, as information about using other IObit software could only be an advice or suggestion. You have to have something wrong to fix it!!! :-P

If the other IObit programs, such as Smart Defrag or Start Menu 8 (only for Win8) are installed, the suggestion is to use the links to run them.

I also have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 installed, but it does't say anything about it.

Cheers.

Thanks for your welcome to the forum, enoskype, and for your added input. As you suggested, I am interested to hear more from the good folks at IObit in this regard.

Sadly, after my 3rd reboot, my PC sensed NEW HARDWARE. Well, since I have not installed new hardware for months, I knew something was wrong - and that something was (no surprise here) Malware Fighter v2.0 Free. Once it was removed, registry scrubbed, etc, the NEW HARDWARE problem disappeared.

As an engineer, power systems, not software, I strongly suspect that v2.0 was released prematurely and that there are many less obvious problems (compared to the obvious problems of which you and I are aware) associated with this latest release of Malware Fighter Free.

Thanks again for your kind words! :-D

CurlyCurlySue

Hi Curly/Eno,

please see my 1st comment under DV8cowboy V2 final, regarding the action centre,

I think this clarifies the issue even more.

Roy

Thank you for your response, Roy. :smile:

Do see some similarity between my post and the other that you commented on, and truly appreciate your support!!

CurlyCurlySue

It's a shame no one from IObit has chosen to address my posting - other than, enoskype, whom stated "It will be better if a member of IObit Support Team reply to your other comments..."

Seems like no member of the IObit Support Team is motivated to address the issue address in my post, an issue that over 18200 of my associates have experienced and reported to me.

In my consulting experience (including over 30 years of customer relations), customer queries are generally answered within a few hours, not more than 2 to 3 days. Here, however, this is Day 7 without an IObit Support Team response.

Having used several other anti-virus and malware programs, from multiple software entities, posting online questions resulted in online answers. But not here.

Given my short-lived experience at this forum, it seems abundantly clear that v2.0 is seriously flawed, void of customer service support, and accordingly I have directed some 24000 associates to remove IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free from their PCs; to not purchase IObit software of any variety; to cease and desist all communication regarding IObit software until further written notice and direction from me.

Perhaps it's time to give MalwareBytes a trial. Perhaps their Support Team is more attentive.

Ciao.

CCS

Hi again curlycurlysue,

Although an IObit Support Team Member has not replied in this thread, there are other threads with similar subjects discussed, and IObit has responded there. Example is THIS post and it states that IObit product designers are going to look into Action Center closely.

I think you are a bit harsh on IObit on this matter, as the support from IObit has really been great to the users of IObit products even to the free edition users.

In my humble opinion, it may not be the best but one of the very good ones. It is easy to verify that just going through the Forum.

Please be informed that Pro edition of IObit software users are entitled for 24/7 help directly from IObit.

Also, nearly all of the Forum leaders including myself (except IObit Support Team members) are Users here!

With all that said, IObit should have replied in this thread but I do not agree with "it seems abundantly clear that v2.0 is seriously flawed" comment and "your direction of 24000 associates to remove IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free from their PCs; to not purchase IObit software of any variety; to cease and desist all communication regarding IObit software until further written notice and direction from yourself" is not fair.

I hope you get better attention somewhere else.

All the best and cheers.

Thank you for your kind and obviously :wink: biased reply, enoskype.

While I have elected not to investigate further, I would like to respond to your comment "...there are other threads with similar subjects discussed, and IObit has responded there..." by stating that at the time of my posting, there were no other posts associated with the problem(s) I introduced. To suggest that I review other posts is a reasonable suggestion, the fact that my post pre-dated others and has yet to be responded to confirms my position as previously articulated...

Given my short-lived experience at this forum, it seems abundantly clear that v2.0 is seriously flawed, void of customer service support, and accordingly I have directed some 24000 associates to remove IObit Malware Fighter v2.0 Free from their PCs; to not purchase IObit software of any variety; to cease and desist all communication regarding IObit software until further written notice and direction from me.

Accordingly, I fully reject your following posturings:

- I think you are a bit harsh on IObit on this matter...

- Please be informed that Pro edition of IObit software users are entitled for 24/7 help directly from IObit.

Regarding your statement "Please be informed that Pro edition of IObit software users are entitled for 24/7 help directly from IObit" all I can say is if I am the first to post an issue and within one business week my post fails to attract the support of the IObit Team, the why, oh why, would anyone pay for the Pro edition? The should not and will not, if under my supervision or employment.

Last, I could not be more diametrically opposed to your "With all that said, IObit should have replied in this thread but I do not agree with... is not fair." It is more than fair, enoskype. I gave them one business week to address my posting - the first to address issues as detailed in my post.

I welcome all critics, and yet I am not fond of software entities whom pick and choose who is served and whom is served first. To suggest otherwise is to promote an agenda that is typically associated with Politics, Governments and similar bureaucracies.

In closing, please note, enoskype, that I could not be more please with the kindness, candor and professional manner in which you have conveyed and conducted yourself regarding my posts. The assumption may be wrong, but if you do work for IObit or are compensated by IObit, I hope they take good care of you because (while may have rejected some of your perspectives) you clearly represent IObit in a manner that is truly exemplary.

With kind regards,

CCS

P.S. Effective today at 2:45 PM ET U.S., I now represent 24104 individuals, corporations and other entities whom (consistent with my previous statements) will not purchase IObit software of any variety and will cease and desist all communication regarding IObit software until further written notice and direction from me.

Hi curlycurlysue and enoskype,

Curlycurlysue, sincerely sorry for my late reply. There are many posts in this forum and I am really sorry that I missed this one. Could you please forgive me? :-D

For the issue about the Action Center, I have already reported it to our product team as I mentioned in my other post. They will make discussions to find a more suitable way to improve our products. Sincerely thank you for your feedbacks.

Besides, do you have any good ideas about this issue? We will be much appreciated, if you can give us suggestions about our products and service.

For you and enoskype, there should be some misunderstandings. Enoskype is really very warmhearted and active to help all the users in this forum. It is always him that gives timely response to users. Just like this thread, he replied you timely and explained patiently. And what he said is truly the fact. You know all our administrators including Enoskype are voluntary to manage our forum without any payments.

I know some words in enoskype's last reply may not be so sweet. However, he is just trying to let you know IObit is not as imperfect as you thought. Well, it is my fault. If I could read and reply your post timely, everything should be fine. Sorry again.:-(

Let bygones be bygones. :-D The key is that we get together to improve IObit. Curlycurlysue, we really want to see your sunny smile :-D;-)

how to contact customer support

Hi CurlycurlySue,

IM just a poster and i recieve no free direct licences/goodies from IObit, and i know that from other PM's with various, moderators/administrators they do not recieve them either.

However i do enjoy poking around different/new products to see whats available and in them.

But getting back to the title of this post, i wondered how you got here and not directly to

Contact IObit 24/7 support

SO attached are screenshots to help you, (find the right button)

In my first reply/(redirection to DV8) i stated that i believe Iobit are using this screen error message as a sales page, I am still of this opinion.

A simple check of installed programs would also have shown you that the programs you mentioned were not installed and saved you all that work

Roy

a forum is a forum not a company support site. look before you leap!

Sometimes it can be detrimental to your objective to know too much.

Perfection in the world of software is non-existant has always been non-existant and will always be non-existant.

With all due respect to the poster I doubt IMF or any other product today is being designed for an OS from the last century.:smile:

abacus v computer

Hi Buddah,

my abacus has had a few problems with new OS's, Vista included,:shock:,

i download them to a VHS cassette and placed them directly on top.

I've had the occational crash, but these were quickly repaired.

Levity aside as i said previously this looks more like a sales page,

If Iobit want to keep this page then i suggest they change the main GUI

to read,

Required fix's (red square)

Recommended or performance fix's (orange square)

system normal (green square)

then when viewing the Recommended/performance fix's page,

give direct download link for that program,

with the option do not show again or ignore

It would have been usefull to have seen this in beta first, could have saved some grief

Roy

Hi scrd01 and all your guys,

Thanks for your feedbacks and suggestions.

scrd01, I will report your suggestions to our product team for consideration.

I am happy to see that our users are trying to find solutions to perfect IObit Malware Fighter. Cheers. :-D

Daskalos, What is the color of eyes? :roll: Haha, secret.;-)

Welcome to receive more your suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi curlycurlysue and enoskype,

Curlycurlysue, sincerely sorry for my late reply. There are many posts in this forum and I am really sorry that I missed this one. Could you please forgive me? :-D

For the issue about the Action Center, I have already reported it to our product team as I mentioned in my other post. They will make discussions to find a more suitable way to improve our products. Sincerely thank you for your feedbacks.

Besides, do you have any good ideas about this issue? We will be much appreciated, if you can give us suggestions about our products and service.

For you and enoskype, there should be some misunderstandings. Enoskype is really very warmhearted and active to help all the users in this forum. It is always him that gives timely response to users. Just like this thread, he replied you timely and explained patiently. And what he said is truly the fact. You know all our administrators including Enoskype are voluntary to manage our forum without any payments.

I know some words in enoskype's last reply may not be so sweet. However, he is just trying to let you know IObit is not as imperfect as you thought. Well, it is my fault. If I could read and reply your post timely, everything should be fine. Sorry again.:-(

Let bygones be bygones. :-D The key is that we get together to improve IObit. Curlycurlysue, we really want to see your sunny smile :-D;-)

You say, "Let bygones be bygones" which in Chinese translates to "不咎既往" and yet this morning I discover . . .

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=29681

. . . which STRONGLY SUGGESTS that the IObit software is STOLEN and therefore a COMPLETE SCAM!!!

This issue, new today to me, STRONGLY SUPPORTS why later this Summer, when I participate as one of the scheduled speakers at a small business conference, in Chicago Illinois USA, I will FULLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY DENOUNCE IObit software to over 20,000 individuals in attendance.

I could not believe it took over a week to receive support from IObit administration and I most certainly DO NOT ACCEPT the FACT that IObit has STOLEN software from Malwarebtyes.

As a former U.S. Attorney, I assure you THIS ISSUE will now receive the FULL ATTENTION of the Office of United States Attorney General Eric Holder.

What a SCAM!!

With complete disdain for Chinese THEIVES!!!

This has been wheeled out many times in the past 4 years!

You say, "Let bygones be bygones" which in Chinese translates to "不咎既往" and yet this morning I discover . . .

[noparse]http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=29681[/noparse]

. . . which STRONGLY SUGGESTS that the IObit software is STOLEN and therefore a COMPLETE SCAM!!!

This issue, new today to me, STRONGLY SUPPORTS why later this Summer, when I participate as one of the scheduled speakers at a small business conference, in Chicago Illinois USA, I will FULLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY DENOUNCE IObit software to over 20,000 individuals in attendance.

I could not believe it took over a week to receive support from IObit administration and I most certainly DO NOT ACCEPT the FACT that IObit has STOLEN software from Malwarebtyes.

As a former U.S. Attorney, I assure you THIS ISSUE will now receive the FULL ATTENTION of the Office of United States Attorney General Eric Holder.

What a SCAM!!

With complete disdain for Chinese THEIVES!!!

To whom it may concern!

Declarations from Administrator IObit Guy (President of IObit).

The Final Declaration on Malwarebytes issue (released on Nov. 13th, 2009)

Help IObit Fight Malicious Rumors

@curlycurlysue,

Sorry, but I had to delete the other 3 same posts not to clutter the forum, as they are exact dublication of the one above, addressed to different users, even including one to Cicely again.

I know some words in enoskype's last reply may not be so sweet.

@Cicely,

Which words do you think that may not be so sweet? Harsh, or not fair? :lol:

All the best and have a great day.

Hi enoskype and guys,

enoskype, we greatly appreciate your timely reply and appropriate methods to deal with this issue.:lol:

We do not want to say more words. Because enoskype has made everything quite clear. Besides, the growth and development of IObit is the most powerful explanation.

enoskype, millions of thanks again.:wink:

all our yesterdays

As a former US Attorney, i would hope that any and all relevant documents, would be read by you and comments made regarding BOTH.

And would certainly be upto date.

I seem to remember something about a chap from over the pond called

McCarthy? seemed to have a bee in his bonnett about another country,

but their friends now

Roy

Archived