IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD 2.8: boot time defrag, pagefile, etc.

ektorbarajas

Hi.

I've noticed that for some reason my MFT is not contiguous (see screenshot). I've ran boot time defrag and also the full optimize, both methods twice but still my MFT is in two segments. is there a way for SD to handle such situation properly?

Also, how do I know that indeed my page file, hibernation file and system files are indeed defragmented and optimized? SD gives a report after finishing the boot time defrag, it says the amount of fragments and if they were defragmented.

If I go to the boot time defrag tab and double click any boot time defrag log, it shows nothing, just a blank document.

And SD disk map shows a huge amount of unmovable files, so I guess those ar Volume Shadow Copy files, the page file, the hibernation file and system files? would be great to at least SD mark with a different color the page file, the hibernation file, the VSS files and the system files.

Kind regards

Hi.

I've noticed that for some reason my MFT is not contiguous (see screenshot).

There is really No advantage to making files contiguous, with no blank spaces.

It will Not speed-up access to any files.

It would make the graph 'Look pretty' though! :lol:

Someone else will have answer the other questions,

since I would be guessing there. ;-)

but I think you are correct about the 'Unmovable files'.

file sizes

Hi there,

The maximum page file size is user defined and if this limit is exceeded you will get an automatic MS system limit pop-up telling you that the size has been increased, but it will be reset after you have logged off.

It is my understanding that the sleep/hibernation/VSS file sizes are automatically calculated by your OS, and are as large as needed, and designated as unmovable.

Note this is not the case for system recovery which is also user defined and if this limit is reached earlier restore points WILL be overwritten and therfor deleted

Roy

Archived