IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Beta 2.0 not working???

RonC

I have just installed Driver Booster beta 2.0 on a windows xp machine that is 8 years old and never had any drivers updated. I know that some drivers are outdated from reports by other software (SiS SANDRA, for one).

When Driver Booster launched it immediately began a scan, while at the same time displaying a message that all drivers are the latest versions, and another message saying "last scan - never".

These messages appear before and during the first-ever scan of this pc, so I want to know: how does Driver Booster know anything at all about my drivers before the scan has run and before the first-time scan has finished?

Is this beta version really ready to be used or have I wasted a morning trying to understand what it's doing? It's very frustrating to watch the "scan" indicator keep circling endlessly and get absolutely no information other than the patently false assurance that all my drivers are up to date. (I know this is a false assurance, because I know for a fact that all my drivers are NOT up to date).

Can someone please explain what's happening, or at least tell me if beta 2.0 is actually functional? Please feel free to email me directly, as I don't have the leisure nor the time to monitor this forum waiting for an answer.

Yes, I'm wondering about that Also :?:

(I tried it on an older W-7 system)

Evidently it does Not check for updates for all software programs, on the computer,

so I'm wondering which ones it really looks at

and how that list will be updated in the future? :?:

strange but true

Hi RonC/Toppack,

Installed and ran DB2 today, (approx 2100hrs BST).

I knew that my Realtek driver was out of date,

see thread started by Repsakasper,

SOLVED by DB2.

Upon IMMEDIATELY starting to run the programme, the GUI showed

this item was flagged and at the top of the list.

I suspect it does a prerun prior to listing the drivers.

Roy

Hi RonC/Toppack,

Please tell us what drivers of your computers are not the latest, but not detected by Driver Booster Beta 2.0 so that we can further check into this issue.

Please COPY & PASTE the following path into the address bar of Computer :

%AppData%\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs

And send the logs with on the right date to support10@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

Hi Toppack, Driver Booster will only check updates for your drivers, will not check updates for software programs.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Toppack, Driver Booster will only check updates for your drivers, will not check updates for software programs.

I suppose I used the wrong word there,

but to me 'Driver-software' is another type of 'Program'

that is used to interface with a hardware-device.

One device in that computer that it did not appear to check on

was a PCI-slot to USB-3.0 converter board.

Another was a multifunction I/O-port unit, called a 'Dash-board'.

Another was an external USB-3.0 HDrive box, but it may not really require a separate driver program.

I don't think it checked the Video-card driver and there are probably others I can't think of now.

Hi Toppack,

Thank you very much for the detailed list. I have forwarded it to our programmers to look into.

But we really need the log file mentioned in my previous post to look into this issue better. Please send it to support10@iobit.com with your name Toppack signed so that we'll know it was from you.

Thank you for helping us on this issue.

Please post here if you have any feedback or suggestions.

Hi Toppack,

Thank you for the follow up.

Can you do us a favor and reinstall Driver Booster Beta 2.0 to help us look into it?

Please run a Scan with Driver Booster Beta 2.0 and then please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. So you will get zipped file DriverBooster_Log_Files.zip on your desktop.

Please send the zipped file to support10@iobit.com with URL to this thread.

We realize this may be too much work, but it would be really helpful for us to collect information to solve this potential issue. You've been such a patient and warmhearted user, we really hope to get your help again.

Thanks in advance. :-)

Archived