IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Privacy Sweep Not Deleting Cookies

JamesJ

I have Privacy Sweep checked in the Care tab and Internet Explore - Cookies checked in Settings, but ASC 6 refuses to delete cookies from the following location:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low

Is this normal??

Is there a setting I'm missing?

I'm using Windows 8 with Internet Explorer 10.

James

Hi James,

Those cookie names are there to ignore them when a Scan is made by ASC.

By default, he names are put by IObit for the convenience to the Users. They are just names, so it doesn't mean that you have all of them I your PC. You may, actually have some of them, aand they are ignored when other cookies are deleted.

Highlight the ones you want to be scanned and deleted by ASC, and click " < " button to move them to the left pane (cookies to be deleted). After that ASC will delete those chosen if they exist in your PC when you decide to Repair.

Cheers.

Hi James

Please take a look in your ignore.ini located in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6

I have 428 items there. The reason may be that I at one time long ago clicked "Keep cookies from safe sites" just to see what would happen and haven't bothered with it since.

A possible course of action might be that you remove all those sites you do not need in the ignore.ini file.

If you have never clicked "Keep cookies from safe sites" it could be that this needs some attention from the programmers at IObit.

Cheers

solbjerg

I never told ASC to keep any cookies.

Have no idea how these cookies got there.

Sorry about the size of the screen shots, but if I can read them at my age anyone can.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi James,

If i was replying to Cicely,

I would send the 3 following screenshots.

in screenshot 2 logs open the latest and post the actual log details.

Roy

If I was responding I would put up a screenshot of the cookies listed in the folder you mentioned. That will tell her what cookies are not being cleaned. The screenshots in the post by #scrd01 may not give her the list of cookies being missed. Not all cookies need to or should be deleted.

Archived