IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows Search..Need big help asap!

Michael James

Does anyone know what registry changes are made or any other changes made by ASC that turns off Windows Search? I am on Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro. I was using ASC version 7.. So far, I have not been able to turn it back on. Because Windows Search is now turned off, I cannot search any of my Outlook e-mails..and I have a lot! I could try reinstalling everything, but it would take me a week to reinstall all the 3rd party programs I am running. Here is what I tried and has failed:

1) Starting WSearch in Services (local). Get Error: Windows Could not Start the Windows Search service on local computer. Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

2) SFC /scannow Everything came back OK

3) Restoring to a previous date... tried this for both ASC (Rescue) and thru Windows System Restore

4) Uninstalling ASC thinking it would back out all the changes it made.

5) I did notice that in Windows Features (Add Remove Programs) that both Indexing Service and Search Service are not mentioned..I think I used to see those when I was in Windows 7, but that may have all changed in Windows 8 and 8.1.

6) In Outlook 2010 (Change the Outlook stores indexed by Windows Search) and thru Indexing Options..Indexing is not Running.. you can try to rebuild but that won't work because the Windows Search isn't even running.

7. Could not figure out how to reinstall Windows 8.1.. Since this was an in place upgrade, this would have kept all my installed programs... I thought that might help... Also thought about upgrading to Windows 8.1 Ultimate and doing an in place upgrade... not sure what to do.

8. I also tried Troubleshooting and running as administrator. Did not work

9. Also tried this:

Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc

Optional: Sort by CPU

Find and Click “Microsoft Windows Search Indexer”

Click “End Task”

Go to the directory C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search

Delete the folder “Data”

You will directly see a new folder named “Data”

You’re done, now the issue is fixed

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi Michael James

Have you tried going throught your settings in the program options?

To see if the setting that cleans away the windows log files is activated, - if so try changing that setting.

You could send a copy of the contents of the main.ini file located in

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V6 in XP. We can then go through them to see if the settings are OK

Cheers

solbjerg

Does anyone know what registry changes are made or any other changes made by ASC that turns off Windows Search? I am on Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro. I was using ASC version 7.. So far, I have not been able to turn it back on. Because Windows Search is now turned off, I cannot search any of my Outlook e-mails..and I have a lot! I could try reinstalling everything, but it would take me a week to reinstall all the 3rd party programs I am running. Here is what I tried and has failed:

1) Starting WSearch in Services (local). Get Error: Windows Could not Start the Windows Search service on local computer. Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

3) Restoring to a previous date... tried this for both ASC (Rescue) and thru Windows System Restore

5) I did notice that in Windows Features (Add Remove Programs) that both Indexing Service and Search Service are not mentioned..I think I used to see those when I was in Windows 7, but that may have all changed in Windows 8 and 8.1.

6) In Outlook 2010 (Change the Outlook stores indexed by Windows Search) and thru Indexing Options..Indexing is not Running.. you can try to rebuild but that won't work because the Windows Search isn't even running.

7. Could not figure out how to reinstall Windows 8.1.. Since this was an in place upgrade, this would have kept all my installed programs... I thought that might help... Also thought about upgrading to Windows 8.1 Ultimate and doing an in place upgrade... not sure what to do.

9. Also tried this:

Click “End Task”

Delete the folder “Data”

Anyone have any ideas?

Michael James

Did you try the fix which SolidMario7 recommended in post #2 of the thread I pointed you to......SolidMario7 said,

"As for a fix use ASC's rescue center to rescue registry or use windows system restore. Both would work. And for now turn off deep clean."

If so this would have told you NOT to use Deep Clean. Also the other posts in the thread made it clear that Deep Clean is what causes the problem....

So disable Deep Clean. Try SolidMario7s suggestion, of either the registry rescue or a system Restore to a time before you had the issue.

Hi Michael James,

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry for the inconvenience about Windows Search caused by registry fix.

I have posted the solution to solve the issue in other post. I post here again, in case that you do not see it.

1) Please use ASC's rescue center to rescue registry or use windows system restore to make sure that your Windows search is normal.

2) Please download the latest ASC 7.0.6 from http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare/3000-2086_4-10407614.html

The latest version has solved the issue and the issue will not happen again even you tick " Enable deep clean" under Registry Fix.

Looking forward to your good news.

9. Also tried this:

Click “End Task”

Delete the folder “Data”

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi Michael James,

Thanks for your active reply.

AS I replied to you in another post, the issue has been solved in the latest version.

@ All, we promise that the Windows Search issue has been solved in the latest ASC 7.0.6 from http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-Sy...b_content;main.

You just need to use ASC's rescue center to rescue registry to make sure that your windows search is normal and then download the latest version.

After that, please reboot your PC and the issue will not happen again.

Thanks for all of your support to help you look into and solve the issue. Cheers

Archived