IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobits Uninstaller 3 Beta

Xcom46

This newer Uninstaller will not show every thing in advance mode.

This issue needs to be fixed.

Not sure if any body else has seen this issue but i have been noticing that some stuff is not in list but the items are in my Add or remove list on OS.

Hi Xcom46,

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you still have Iobits Uninstaller 3 Beta? If so, please download Iobits Uninstaller 3 final version from http://download.cnet.com/IObit-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-75161625.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button and see whether the issue you mentioned still remains.

If it does, please send us the related screenshots to show what are the programs that do not list in IObit Uninstaller 3.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Xcom46

You are absolutely correct. I cannot understand why CNET is being recomended by Iobit again. There were huge problems with CNET in the past, and Majorgeeks was the recommended download site. Now it seems that the past CNET issues have been forgotten, even though the same issues still exist.

I strongly advise all the forum members to use the Majorgeeks site, if they want a safe and functional download.

Hi Scannan,

I agree with the safe and functional download. If possible I always give the link for a software from MajorGeeks, but always after controlling it.

On the other hand, I am fed up with the wrong version downloads of IObit products from there.

I also create and give the Offline database for IMF in IObit Forum myself, but please check the downloaded file imf-offline-db.zip from IObit Malware Fighter Offline Database 2.2 1288 as of yesterday.

It is db 1279 of October 18, 2013. :-P

Cheers.

Enoskype

I agree that the problem of outdated and or incorrect versions of Iobit products from Majorgeeks, can be very frustrating. I am just not sure as to whether it is entirely Majorgeeks fault, as there has always been an issue with Iobits version numbers and also with the timing of updates to Iobit servers.

CNET has caused me many issues in the past and I will not risk them again under any circumstances. EDIT: I agree. enoskype

Two sites i trust the most Filehippo.com and Majorgeeks.

You guys should all so go with file hippo they will post all listed versions of the iobit products on there site.

http://filehippo.com/

Check out like Ccleaner http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

And there download system is pretty quick about as fast as majorgeeks.

They give plenty of info to go on.They are more streamline then majorgeeks.

Edit below.

I had a small talk with major attitude co owner of majorgeeks and they will probably look in to the issue.

You guys should use majorgeeks site full time Cnet is really untrustworthy.

I mostly agree with this. I agree that CNET has some trust issues. In fact too many for me to use it anymore. Plus I hate that stupid CNET installer app. I used to use CNET all the time but I never use it anymore.

Regarding MajorGeeks. I do use Majorgeeks however I have found that on occassion some of the software apps on their website contain malware. I have also found redirects leading to phishing web pages when you attempt a download of an app from their website. Overall I think it is a good website for downloading apps. One just needs to be aware and cautious, paranoid not necessary:lol:, when downloading not only from Majorgeeks by with respect to all files they download

However, like I have posted here on numerous occassions no software app that is installed on one's computer(s) should require the download of an installation file for an update to an app unless the user so chooses. Why would they want to have the option to not auto update an app? To eliminate the app's process from running that is required to be active 24x7 to search for an update on the app's server. This type of process requires the use of an open port so some paranoid users would probably prefer to not have the port open but rather update through an installation file. Personally I am not paranoid (see above) so if the process is doing something positive I will let my AV suite worry about the security of open ports.

Hi Xcom46,

I think major attitude couldn't find any time in the weekend to look into the matter, as today's uploaded IObit Malware Fighter Offline Database 2.2 1289 on MajorGeeks is still db 1279 http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

BTW, I agree with you about Iobit using Filehippo. I also use Update Checker 1.040 of Filehippo, of which I find very useful.

Cheers.

Archived