IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Boot Time Defrag Issue

rubber112

Thank you iobit, my computer is broken now. Thanks to your "boot time defrag" it doesn't boot anymore. Everything worked fine with 2.9 but now my computer is stuck on the windows logo. And your ******* driver loads up even in safe mode so I can't ******* boot in safe mode either. **** you iobit, I loved your products but now you can just say good ******* bye.

Oh My God!

Thank you iobit, my computer is broken now. Thanks to your "boot time defrag" it doesn't boot anymore. Everything worked fine with 2.9 but now my computer is stuck on the windows logo. And your ******* driver loads up even in safe mode so I can't ******* boot in safe mode either. **** you iobit, I loved your products but now you can just say good ******* bye.

We have a nasty teenager on our hands...:mrgreen:

Not to worry mate,Cicely will make it right for you! :wink:

-Cowboy

I can understand your frustration but I cannot understand your attitude.. Smart Defrag 3 is a beta at this time and there are always risk when using a beta version of any program. Typically when the boot time defrag hangs it is due to a bad/large swap file. Perhaps try booting off of your Windows disk and use that to run system restore?

Hi rubber112,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

What did you do before you can not boot your PC? Now please boot your PC in safe mood and send us the photo to show when your PC is stuck in safe mode.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

my neighbor managed to fix it. Will never use smart defrag again though.

rubber112

That is your loss. Smart Defrag is an excellent product as can be verified by the many satisfied users.

You unfortunately had an issue, which we would have assisted you with. It is quite possible that SD may not have caused the issue, but that it was due to an error you made in settings...etc,.

Now we will never know. I hope you will be more patient in future and more respectful of forum rules and ethiquette.

This is so funny because you are so mad for nothing you may got a virus and blaming iobit or you have deleted your system32 folder or you can say you went to boot-up menu and mess it up don't blame iobit because they know what they do and they never mad a mistake before because all there product been tasted by them and there computer before they release it.

Smart Defrag Beta

Hello Folks,

I had the same problem with Smart Defrag Beta on my Vista 64 System. I used Boot-time defrag because it had worked excellent before without a hitch. However this beta version wouldn't let Windows initiate on my PC after it had completed running. All I had was a black Monitor........no Windows Desktop. I then tried to restart in safemode but It would only load certain drivers and then would freeze:evil:. I tried rebooting numerous times but to no avail:shock:. Fortunately for me I have Geek Squad Support, and will be taking it to them tomorrow. I am still a loyal iObit user. I have been using iObit products since 2008 and this is the first time I've ever had a problem with any iObit product.....and afterall it's still in the Beta version. So one could expect certain bugs....will let you know the outcome.....keep up the great work!!!!

I would all so agree i have tested this on all versions from windows 2000 to windows 8.1 seems to run just fine.

You must have had a corrupted hard drive at the time of doing the boot time defrag that could be an issue.

Go to majorgeeks.com and check to see if you are having any malware issue or virus READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker)http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Then go to there malware forums.Oh and make sure you follow each step they provide.They are experts at removing malware.

I would all so agree i have tested this on all versions from windows 2000 to windows 8.1 seems to run just fine.

You must have had a corrupted hard drive at the time of doing the boot time defrag that could be an issue.

Go to majorgeeks.com and check to see if you are having any malware issue or virus READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker)http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Then go to there malware forums.Oh and make sure you follow each step they provide.They are experts at removing malware.

I don't think so.......Smart Defrag Version 2 ran fine on my system in boot-time. No issues at all with that version and I used it frquently with recommended settings. 3 Beta appears to definately have a bug in it somewhere!

Hi guys,

Thanks for your active feedbacks.

For the issue about Boot Time defrag, I have reported to our related programmers. We are looking into it.

@RadarRyder, it seems that you also send me an Email to describe the issue.

Have you read my reply? Hope you can send us the photo to show when your PC is stuck in safe mode.

@all, sincerely thanks for your support and understanding. With all of your support, we believe that Smart Defrag will be better and better. Come on.:mrgreen:

Looking forward to your reply.

I don't think so.......Smart Defrag Version 2 ran fine on my system in boot-time. No issues at all with that version and I used it frquently with recommended settings. 3 Beta appears to definately have a bug in it somewhere!

You got to all so realize the word beta means testing so you are testing a product be for it really hits the main site.

Version 2 and 3 are different.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your active feedbacks.

For the issue about Boot Time defrag, I have reported to our related programmers. We are looking into it.

@RadarRyder, it seems that you also send me an Email to describe the issue.

Have you read my reply? Hope you can send us the photo to show when your PC is stuck in safe mode.

@all, sincerely thanks for your support and understanding. With all of your support, we believe that Smart Defrag will be better and better. Come on.:mrgreen:

Looking forward to your reply.

Yes,

I have read the reply......I think it was you that I just sent another reply to.....that Geek Squad has finished my PC. The Tech said that he basically had to disable iObit.....I take it he's meaning Smart Defrag 3 Beta. I will try to ascertain more information when I pick up my PC from them. For the mean time I'm going back to Smart Defrag 2. Will keep you posted.........cheers!!!

The Word from Geek Squad

Aparently Smart Defrag 3 Beta had severed my command to MBR Uploader. He had to run Boot Rec to get it to run again. He also stated that Smart Defrag 3 changed the default start up for 23 services. He stated that it was fairly simple to get it all up and running again. I then explained to him that 3 Beta ran fine on my laptop with XP. He said "Yhea, but your PC is Vista....there in lies the problem:mrgreen::mrgreen:....I've never personally used Vista.....I've only had to repair it!!.........LOL!!!!:lol::lol::lol:........soooo, Vista users take heed!!!!!

Hi RadarRyder,

Thanks for your active feedback.

I have reported it to our test team. We will test again on Windows Vista to see whether we can reproduce the issue.

Tons of thanks for your cooperation to help us look in to the issue again. ;-)

Aparently Smart Defrag 3 Beta had severed my command to MBR Uploader. He had to run Boot Rec to get it to run again. He also stated that Smart Defrag 3 changed the default start up for 23 services. He stated that it was fairly simple to get it all up and running again. I then explained to him that 3 Beta ran fine on my laptop with XP. He said "Yhea, but your PC is Vista....there in lies the problem:mrgreen::mrgreen:....I've never personally used Vista.....I've only had to repair it!!.........LOL!!!!:lol::lol::lol:........soooo, Vista users take heed!!!!!

RadarRyder

As Cicely said, thank you for your excellent feedback and your efforts to investigate/resolve the issue. I am sure it will be tremendous help to Iobit and users.

Hi RadarRyder,

Thank you for your valuable input.

During waiting info from IObit, I am curious if there is a posibility that in Vista, ASC System Optimization is used any time before the havoc?

Cheers.

Yes I used ASC 7 free, but didn't use it just before Windows refused to boot. I don't use the Smart Defrag with that app because I already have the stand alone version installed. I never had an issue with any version of ASC on XP or Vista. Got any idea's......I'm sure I and the iObit Team will appreciate them!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Archived