IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Just saying Hello!

CyberAlex1986

Hello fellow forum members,

I have used Advanced System Care product few years ago and found it to be very useful and complete PC care tool even back then, short time later i have moved to MAC computers and forgot about iObit products completely.

Now i am back using PC, and successfully using almost all of iObit products on my machines, Advanced SystemCare 7 PRO, Smart Defrag 2,

IObit Uninstaller 3, Start Menu 8 for Windows 8,

Driver Booster PRO, IObit Malware Fighter 2 PRO.

I use iObit products for both home PC's and Business, i am running an online language academy, and in constant need in taking care of administration's, teacher's and student's equipment. Advanced SystemCare 7 PRO makes this part of my job so much easier, does a wonderful job and saves me valuable time.

And i am not even talking about distant relatives living in a different country, i was able to Clean and "Fix" their computer by simply installing ASC via remote control and clicking "Care".

I feel confident recommending iObit products, especially Advanced SystemCare 7 PRO to all my family, friends, students.

Hope to see more great products from iObit and to become a part of this community.

CyberAlex1986

Thank you Scannan,

It was more of a financial decision to go back to Windows based computers, as today's reality states that i can buy two laptops of the same configuration as if i would buy just one Macbook pro with that same configuration, i have absolutely nothing negative to say about both Macintosh and Microsoft, i am thankful both companies exist and keep making our life more "interesting".

I have seen the product iObit offers for Mac users and it is probably a great one,

it's just that Mac's OS X architecture requires so much less "cleaning" than that of Windows, it's almost unfair for Advanced System Care :wink:

Guess that's why MacBooster is that much cheaper.

For Mac users it's important to ignore people and Apple "Experts" that tell you there is no need in antivirus or cleaning software, while "hackers" community is largely Windows based, there are plenty of "viruses" you can catch using your Mac.

Strange how people neglect the fact that they can get infected via something else they use other then their PC, you can get infected and your information can get stolen from you via your Tablet, Smartphone and basically anything else you connect to the internet.

I apologize if i have wasted your time with my post, but following a very unfortunate experience i had my identity was stolen from me, and it was a very ugly story back then, a lot of money was stolen from me both buy the ***** (still unknown) and the lawyer taking care of my case ( in retrospective i think he was a crappy lawyer, but he was very friendly and funny).

The point i am trying to make is: be vigilant with you personal information, i have written numerous articles in magazines and www on the subject.

*When my identity was stolen, i was not computer illiterate, but very careless and unaware of the potential threat.

iObit company and this community are doing a great job making people's computers (information medium) safer.

Cheers,

CyberAlex1986

CyberAlex1986

Thank you for your post. I am sure it will be appreciated by the forum members. I am sorry to hear of your misfortune, and appreciate you sharing it with us, as it is a strong reminder to users of what can happen if we are not vigilant.

@Hi CyberAlex1986!

CyberAlex1986

Thank you for your post. I am sure it will be appreciated by the forum members. I am sorry to hear of your misfortune, and appreciate you sharing it with us, as it is a strong reminder to users of what can happen if we are not vigilant.

Like Scannan,I too am sorry for your misfortunes (I specialize in Security,look at my Profile).

....Really glad to have you back as a very loyal IObit fan.Doesn't IObit simply have the most marvelous software??!! :lol:

-Cowboy

Hi CyberAlex1986,

CyberAlex1986, really happy to hear that you love IObit products so much.

Your support will be our greatest stimulus to work harder to improve our products and service.

Also, sorry for your misfortunes. Be careful in the future.:-D

Thanks guys,

Oh i am much more careful today, i keep my internet security knowledge updated all the time, thinking thrice before i do something online (post, purchase, share, view, download...)

While it is impossible to achieve 100% security online, multi-layered protection is a definite must, it's useless to rely on Antivirus alone, or firewall alone, also the approach "i don't need antivirus and firewall, i will be very careful" just won't work , and it is irresponsible to think it will.

The more layers of security you have the less chance you have to be infected or hacked, and i am not talking about installing 10 antivirus programs on your computer, it will die.

I have been working with the following security method for the last 5 years, and while it is individual, it's is not the best one, just one that worked for me, worked well.

First layer being the Prevention layer, it's best to not let any infection get into your system at all, a lot better than working hard to remove it later.

And if you did get infected, second layer comes to play - Detection, a good antivirus to detect the culprit and get rid of it if possible.

If your antivirus program fails to remove the virus, third layer is the Cure, a good software that will remove the malware for you.

The final layer being the Backup layer, you don't know yet just how important it is to backup your data at a secure location, imagine loosing all you family photos & videos, your work files, business contracts, clients database and other important data. Well it's better not to imagine that and just use a nice backup software, for the record i am using Genie Timeline Professional and am very satisfied with it's work.

There are several mini layers in between the big ones i have mentioned, such as your passwords, you must never have the same password for all your online accounts, also don't keep your password in a word file called "my passwords" :)

Browser security is also of grand important as 90% of the time you are using your computer you are in your browser, i am using Comodo web inspector and PrivDog to keep me safer, it prevents tracking, cookies, 3rd party widgets, blocks ads and blocks from websites to collect statistics, basically the same as Surfing Protection by iObit does, but it doesn't work in my browser for some reason.

It's important to keep all of your software and drivers updated (antivirus database for example :) )

There is of course much more, such as secure wi-fi connection, emails and files encryption, your whole system encryption, and plainly just being vigilant with what you do online, for example when you shop online there are several points you have to take into consideration prior to giving you personal information and credit card.

Of course it's like i mentioned before individual, and it doesn't have to be this complicated always, just remember if it's complicated for you it's complicated for the hacker/malware.

An don't even let me started with "parental control", i have a daughter and it's a huge issue for me, i know exactly what she will be able to find online in a couple of years, for now she's just chewing on her Notebook toy.

I thing instead of ranting here i will post my comprehensive internet security guides here.

I know a lot of what i am writing here is "tell us something we don't know", but i sill hope some of it was useful.

:mrgreen:

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
Hello fellow forum members,

I have used Advanced System Care product few years ago and found it to be very useful and complete PC care tool even back then, short time later i have moved to MAC computers and forgot about iObit products completely.

Now i am back using PC, and successfully using almost all of iObit products on my machines, Advanced SystemCare 7 PRO, Smart Defrag 2,

IObit Uninstaller 3, Start Menu 8 for Windows 8,

Driver Booster PRO, IObit Malware Fighter 2 PRO.

I use iObit products for both home PC's and Business, i am running an online language academy, and in constant need in taking care of administration's, teacher's and student's equipment. Advanced SystemCare 7 PRO makes this part of my job so much easier, does a wonderful job and saves me valuable time.

And i am not even talking about distant relatives living in a different country, i was able to Clean and "Fix" their computer by simply installing ASC via remote control and clicking "Care".

I feel confident recommending iObit products, especially Advanced SystemCare 7 PRO to all my family, friends, students.

Hope to see more great products from iObit and to become a part of this community.

CyberAlex1986

It is just a PC optimization and cleanup tool for your computer. There are no threats that this program poses for your system. In fact, it helps it to stay in better shape and improve performance.