IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How To Reinstall ASC 7

gradofan

How do you reinstall ASC 7 from the original download file?

I refuse to pay for a recovery CD / DVD or other backup.

Can you make a recovery file or disc from the the application?

I'll be "parting company with ASC" if it can't be reinstalled without paying for a recovery CD or other backup.

How do you reinstall ASC 7 from the original download file?

I refuse to pay for a recovery CD / DVD or other backup.

Can you make a recovery file or disc from the the application?

I'll be "parting company with ASC" if it can't be reinstalled without paying for a recovery CD or other backup.

gradofan

Welcome to the forum. May I say it is a very confusing and angry first post. I sincerely hope that we will be able to reduce your stress.

The original file is a .exe file. Therefore you simply double click on it and it will reinstall ASC.

I have no idea why you think you need to make a recovery cd for ASC.

Because...

Because... your info on your web site indicates a CD containing the app necessary to reinstall the app, is $9.99... followed by a warning that you will need it if your app becomes corrupted.

That's a very, very misleading web site... and... should be changed to... cease and desist... misleading customers!

The Disc can serve as a backup copy to download the software if you have to reinstall. Some folks don't take the time to do a complete system backup and figure it's easier to have the program available on disk, rather than hunting for it on the internet should they have a system crash, etc. Don't make more of what you read than what it is. You don't have to buy it. By the way it's not our info on our website, we are simply users in the forum.

A.T.

Hi atailor

Right!

The "art of advertising" has a very broad line between truth and wishful thinking - it is even quite wobbly at times.

It is good to have that observation in the back of your mind when travelling the internet :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. You could build a strong case for the merits of having a backup disc, - but equally you could say "what the hell" I'll just download the install file again and install that in the proper manner - always remembering to configure the program settings to your own specifications. :-)

p.p.s. http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=39238&postcount=20

Clean Uninstall: http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=42228&postcount=10

The Disc can serve as a backup copy to download the software if you have to reinstall. Some folks don't take the time to do a complete system backup and figure it's easier to have the program available on disk, rather than hunting for it on the internet should they have a system crash, etc. Don't make more of what you read than what it is. You don't have to buy it. By the way it's not our info on our website, we are simply users in the forum.

A.T.

Archived