IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Questions regarding ASC FREE 7.3.0

1. What are these files created by ASC FREE 7.3.0? I just found them in my ...\AppData after running some scan. What ASC module creates these files?

-NTUSER.DAT.iobit

-NTUSER.DAT.iobit.bak

2. How to completely disable ascservice.exe running from startup[taskmanager]. I tried all possible solutions but it still runs :(. I unchecked all boxes from [General] settings.

Hope you will give me solutions with my queries.

Thank you very much ASC community :)

1. What are these files created by ASC FREE 7.3.0? I just found them in my ...\AppData after running some scan. What ASC module creates these files?

-NTUSER.DAT.iobit

-NTUSER.DAT.iobit.bak

Welcome to the forum.

The Ntuser.dat file is a registry file. Each user's Ntuser.dat file contains the registry settings for their individual account.

The ASC registry clean function uses these files. The .bak file is a backup of the registry file and is created in order to allow the user to undo any registry changes which may have caused a problem.

You should never alter, move or delete these files.

2. How to completely disable ascservice.exe running from startup[taskmanager]. I tried all possible solutions but it still runs :(. I unchecked all boxes from [General] settings.

Your question is unclear as you are trying to disable services using task manager...task manager will stop Processes not services.

Why do you want to stop ASC services??

Hi jcmanuel95,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanks Scannan's timely reply to make everything clear. :mrgreen:

As Scannan mentioned, could you please tell us why you want to stop ASC services?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Welcome to the forum.

The Ntuser.dat file is a registry file. Each user's Ntuser.dat file contains the registry settings for their individual account.

The ASC registry clean function uses these files. The .bak file is a backup of the registry file and is created in order to allow the user to undo any registry changes which may have caused a problem.

You should never alter, move or delete these files.

Your question is unclear as you are trying to disable services using task manager...task manager will stop Processes not services.

Why do you want to stop ASC services??

Thanks for reply.

I'm just asking if its possible to disable ascservice.exe from running at startup.

If its not possible to disable. Can you explain its function why is it running from startup.

Again, THANKS ASC COMMUNITY :)

Hi jcmanuel

The configuration files are usually found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7

at least in Windows XP

Do you have homepage protection activated too?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for reply.

I'm just asking if its possible to disable ascservice.exe from running at startup.

If its not possible to disable. Can you explain its function why is it running from startup.

Again, THANKS ASC COMMUNITY :)

Hi jcmanuel

The configuration files are usually found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7

at least in Windows XP

Do you have homepage protection activated too?

Cheers

solbjerg

I didn't activate homepage protection.

Archived