IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster - BSOD (Unsigned Drivers I think) on 2 different computers, afraid to use on my Desktop

jvaritek33c

I have read the two threads that seemed most relevant to this problem (Blue Screen / System Crash thread and BSOD after driver update thread) but it did not seem to offer a lot of help.

I first ran Driver Booster on my girlfriend's mother's laptop, and as soon as it was done and I restarted, it promptly would not boot past the splash screen. She runs Windows 8 and it was stuck in a boot cycle where it would hit an error page and reboot, only to do it again. After a lot of research, I got it to boot by going through the command prompt utility and then disabling the unsigned driver security thing on Windows 8. Then I did a system restore overnight and it worked.

Halfway through the System Restore on her laptop, I decided to try it on my own laptop. It is kinda old and not used beyond travel, so I figured it'd be okay if I eventually had to wipe it. I run Windows 7, and a lot of the forum posts said that the reload/reboot cycle was a Windows 8. I updated my drivers through Driver Booster and had the same problem, though mine went to the traditional BSOD instead of the fancy graphical one that Windows 8 presents you with. I was able to do a system restore on my laptop and return everything to normal.

My laptop is about 4 years old, and Driver Booster wanted me to update some drivers that had not been updated since I got the laptop, and that other driver update services had not prompted me to update. I was excited to see that it was a very comprehensive program that I could use to keep all of my drivers up to date. I have a new gaming desktop I build about a year ago and I would love to use Driver Booster to keep it up to date, however I am too afraid if something would happen to it. Is there some safety setting or something I missed when doing the first two driver installs on the earlier laptops?

Based on the problems I had, is there a certain type of driver that was more likely to have caused the error? I'm not worried about rolling back as much as I am about losing access to my computer altogether. Is there perhaps a way to see which drivers are unsigned before running Driver Booster? It seems problematic for the average consumer if they're playing roulette with driver updates and don't have the knowledge to go and fix it.

Hi lost everything

Welcome to the forum.

You say you downloaded Driver Booster and your pc went black. Did it go black immediately after the download or did you actually run driver booster, and then it went black, or did you try to update drivers and then it went black.

In order for us to assist you we need to know exactly what happened. Your information so far is very limited.

In the meantime, did you try booting in safe mode and restoring your pc to a time before the issue occurred.

Again I say,,,,we can only help if you give us the details.....you say you ran driver booster but you do not say whether you updated any drivers.

I am assuming you did update drivers and if so then most likely you have updated to a driver which is incompatible with your system.

Did you update all drivers identified by Driver Booster or did you select specific driver to update.

In the meantime have a look at This article and This article....they may provide a solution.

• 1 month later...
Based on the problems I had, is there a certain type of driver that was more likely to have caused the error? I'm not worried about rolling back as much as I am about losing access to my computer altogether. Is there perhaps a way to see which drivers are unsigned before running Driver Booster? It seems problematic for the average consumer if they're playing roulette with driver updates and don't have the knowledge to go and fix it.

Hi jvaritek33c

Sorry for the dely. Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper-new.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

Email support is much more faster to respounce. Thank you so much.

Archived