IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster killed my computer???

NoDa704

First of all, I am not a computer expert. Second of all, I have used several IObit products on various computers over the years and had no issues.

Now, last week I installed Driver Booster on a Dell Latitude E4310 (http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/latitude-e4310/pd) running Windows 7. Since it is an older laptop, I wanted to make sure the drivers were updated. Driver Booster found 20+ drivers out of date which it updated. When the PC restarted it went directly to "Startup Repair":

http://www.mikelaverick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/windows-7-startup-repair.jpg

"Attempting repairs..." has been completely unsuccessful. I tried every possible boot option but none of them make it past this screen.

What can I do??? I am very upset that Driver Booster seems to have rendered my PC completely useless.

Welcome to the Forum.

I assume that you allowed DB to update all 20+ drivers at once. For future reference, this is a very bad and very risky practice. Drivers should be updated one at a time and the pc rebooted after each update. That way if there is an issue with any updated driver, you will know which one it is and the bad driver can be rolled back to the old driver which worked.

As for your present issue... Obviously one or more of the driver updates is unsuitable for your pc configuration, most likely a sytem driver, which has caused a boot issue. You need to do a system restore back to a time before you updated the drivers.

I presume that you cannot boot into Safe Mode ??. Did you try booting from a system disc or recovery flash drive?? there are many boot rescue programs available from the web which can be downloaded from another machine to a flash drive and used to boot into your laptop. If you can gain access then a simple system restore to a time before you updated your drivers, would roll the system back to the old working drivers and thereby fix your boot problem.

NOTE: Please post in the correct Forum. In this case the Driver Booster forum, and not Iobit Free Tools. I will move the Topic to the correct forum.

Hi Noda, I think you can still boot up your system via safe mode. Have you tried it yet? You can just hit on roll back drivers if you're able to get passed that. 1.gif

fuzzler

Please explain why you think NoDa704 can still boot via safe mode. Is there some thing we missed that tells us this. While his W7 system has the Safe Mode facility, it does not mean that his present issue allows him to enable it.

Additionally, it has already been explained to the OP regarding the system restore which will rollback the drivers, so you are just repeating the same advice. We will only know whether the advice is successful, once we get feedback.

Archived