IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

asc3 properties

garybear

When I open properties on asc3, there is a back up at the very top. It says back up registry. what is this and how do you use it. I'm thinking I would like to use it to see if it would clear some problems that I caused trying to get rid of windows custon care. Just shooting in the dark. Its not a huge problem, just can't use help and support,which realy isn't much help anyway ha ha.

Restore

Hi garybear-once you've clicked on restore,you have a list of dates-pick one that you believe was prior to your "adjustments"-highlight it with a left click,and then choose "restore registry" from the list of options on the left-that will "turn the clock back"-post back if need be.IFP,sorry,but glarybear said he was pretty new at this PC stuff,so I thought a little "walk through"might be in order-your information is correct though.

asc3 properties

Sorry guys, I must have been in the canadian hunter[wiskey] when I wrote that thread.Let me try this again.I know how to restore to a previous restore point. After reading my thread ,thats what It sounds like I was asking.If I go to programs and open IOBIT, and then open asc3, there are alot of files and at the top of these it has backup. If I open this file , it says regestry backup. When I open this file,it asks me if i want to add these files to the regestry.I say yes and then it says can't because of binary or some thing like that. Now i'm over my head.What is this and can I use it to restore my regestry back to the first day I used asc3?? I hope I did better this time . Thanks guys for your time

[garybear]

Hi garybear

Take it easy, my friend.

When you open the retore files, - you must choose the file apprroptiate to your problem. that is to say the file with the description and the date that is closest to the time you became aware of the problem, of where you think the problem originated..

If you want a more precise step by step desciption, - you must describe it step by step - like.

Hope this is ok`?

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry guys, I must have been in the canadian hunter[wiskey] when I wrote that thread.Let me try this again.I know how to restore to a previous restore point. After reading my thread ,thats what It sounds like I was asking.If I go to programs and open IOBIT, and then open asc3, there are alot of files and at the top of these it has backup. If I open this file , it says regestry backup. When I open this file,it asks me if i want to add these files to the regestry.I say yes and then it says can't because of binary or some thing like that. Now i'm over my head.What is this and can I use it to restore my regestry back to the first day I used asc3?? I hope I did better this time . Thanks guys for your time

[garybear]

asc properties

I'm not making this very clear guys and i'm very sorry.This has nothing to do with the restore in windows xp.where you go back and pick a date and restore to that date. this is a backup in asc3. When you open asc3 ,there are files that are in the program. At ther very top is a file that says backup, and in that file it says regestry backup. This is the backup I want to use. Maybe not a good idea , but I was thinking I could restore my regestry back like is was before I started using asc3.I would send you a picture of where i'm at if I new how. This back up is in asc3,in the folder or files,its with all the files that make asc3 run. Im sorry if i'm not being clear, I wish I were more computer savy.

Hi Garybear,

The registry backup in the program file can be restored using the restore center in ASC. Go to Restore Center & click Registry Restore.

samr.

Hey samr, I did that. It said it was restoring registry, and I waited for 1 1/2 hour. I couldn't tell that it was doing any thing, so I pushed power button on pc, then clicked restart. I don't think it did any thing. What do you think? NO lights were blinking on pc, looked like it was just sitting there. I wouldn't think it would take more than 1 1/2 hours to restore registry. It sure would be nice if it worked, but I can't tell that it did any thing .THANK YOU [garybear]

Hi garybear

Can you take a screenshot of the contents of your restore center?

Open restore center, press the key Alt and while you are doing that press the key PrintSc (PrintScreen), save that picture in your picture folder fx.

(Go to your picture folder and paste it there)

Then when you write back - go to additional options below and choose manage attachments, - navigate to your picture folder and find the printScreen file and attach it.

Hope this is sufficiently clear.

By the way what kind of problems do you have?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey samr, I did that. It said it was restoring registry, and I waited for 1 1/2 hour. I couldn't tell that it was doing any thing, so I pushed power button on pc, then clicked restart. I don't think it did any thing. What do you think? NO lights were blinking on pc, looked like it was just sitting there. I wouldn't think it would take more than 1 1/2 hours to restore registry. It sure would be nice if it worked, but I can't tell that it did any thing .THANK YOU [garybear]

Hi garybear

I just saw at the beginning of the string, that you could not use "Help and Support"

Have you deactivated this option in Services?

Mine is set to manual (not started) then it starts up when you click on "Help and Support" in Windows. I think this is the default setting.

When I started to use computers around 10 -15 years ago I also thought that the Help and Support wasn't of much use to me, - but I have found that I use it much more today than I did then. The reason probably being that I know more today of what questions to ask.

Cheers

solbjerg

When I open properties on asc3, there is a back up at the very top. It says back up registry. what is this and how do you use it. I'm thinking I would like to use it to see if it would clear some problems that I caused trying to get rid of windows custon care. Just shooting in the dark. Its not a huge problem, just can't use help and support,which realy isn't much help anyway ha ha.

asc properties

Hey solbjerg, I hope I sent what you asked for. I trying to use the restore regestry oppion on the left, but it has a message that says its restoring regestry, and doesn't do any thing for 1 1/2 hours. While that is on my screen , I can't do any thing. Even My mouse is dead. So I push power button on pc and then click restart to get that off my screen. I know i'm not doing a very good job explaining this, and i'm truly sorry for that, and would not blame anyone for egnoring me.[garybear]

asc3properties

Hi garybear

I just saw at the beginning of the string, that you could not use "Help and Support"

Have you deactivated this option in Services?

Mine is set to manual (not started) then it starts up when you click on "Help and Support" in Windows. I think this is the default setting.

When I started to use computers around 10 -15 years ago I also thought that the Help and Support wasn't of much use to me, - but I have found that I use it much more today than I did then. The reason probably being that I know more today of what questions to ask.

Cheers

solbjerg

Services says its running automatic start, but it does nothing when I click on help and support. I think my right clicker got carried away. M e and detailer get carried away with it at times. I was trying to delete windows care in regestry, and I may have deleted pchealth. That was one reason I was trying to use the regestry restore in asc3, because it went further back than my window restore point. I know you are trying very hard to help me and i'm not much help. Help and support is realy not that inportant to me.How ever i'm very interested in asc3 regestry restore. I can live just fine without help and support. why do I need them when I have you guys lol

garybear- if you restore your registry asc3 will still be installed. its just to the point where you didnt do anything with asc3 yet. my question is : did your help menus (all programs or just asc3?) stop working when you installed asc3 and ran it?

I'm trying to use oppinion in restore , thats says restore regestry. Where its says select action at the top, on the left ,right below veiw system restore. Its not working just sits there saying its restoring for 1 1/2 hour. no lights on pc blink, mouse is dead and so I push power button and then restart to excape, because if it anit doing any thing for 1 1/2 I figure it anit going to do nothing. The reason I tried this option is because it went back further than my restore point in windows. I was trying to fix help and support in my xp windows.Help menus are fine. asc3 is wonderful and working great. I do not know when window help and support stoped working. when I discovered it wasn't working , I thought I would restore regestry with asc3 and see what would happen. I already went back on system restore as far as I could, the last date on calender. thanks for your help, I know i'm not much help , but I try real hard to explain what i'm trying to do.

well if asc3s support button isnt working, its the program, meaning a registry restore wont help. also did you try registry restore in safe mode? reboot your computer and keep pressing f8 before it beeps(as i am not sure when to press it but i have done it before) and select 'safe mode' or if you get another screen select 'use default drive'. your settings will not apply so it may look all different but thats okay. select asc3 and try try to do a restore. hope this helps

Hi garybear

I hope you know that you have to mark up the restore point you want :-)

It should finish very quickly.

Going into the registry and trying to change by hand there, is very inadviseable for inexperienced users, it can really f**k up the computer if a mistake is made, so that one has to start from scratch . - format and reinstall windows.

About Help and Support

If you right click My Computer and choose Administration and then

Service and Programs, and then Services - you can go through the services and check the settings for Help and Support.

Nice screenshot by the way - I suppose it is your garden in the background.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey solbjerg, I hope I sent what you asked for. I trying to use the restore regestry oppion on the left, but it has a message that says its restoring regestry, and doesn't do any thing for 1 1/2 hours. While that is on my screen , I can't do any thing. Even My mouse is dead. So I push power button on pc and then click restart to get that off my screen. I know i'm not doing a very good job explaining this, and i'm truly sorry for that, and would not blame anyone for egnoring me.[garybear]

Hi garybear

Can't you use ctrl+alt+delete and then close it down that way?

If you have to use the power switch - at least don't do do it if there is activity in the computer. When the power is cut the reading heads fall onto the discs and can corrupt some places there, - alternatively hold down the start button on the computer until it closes.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm trying to use oppinion in restore , thats says restore regestry. Where its says select action at the top, on the left ,right below veiw system restore. Its not working just sits there saying its restoring for 1 1/2 hour. no lights on pc blink, mouse is dead and so I push power button and then restart to excape, because if it anit doing any thing for 1 1/2 I figure it anit going to do nothing. The reason I tried this option is because it went back further than my restore point in windows. I was trying to fix help and support in my xp windows.Help menus are fine. asc3 is wonderful and working great. I do not know when window help and support stoped working. when I discovered it wasn't working , I thought I would restore regestry with asc3 and see what would happen. I already went back on system restore as far as I could, the last date on calender. thanks for your help, I know i'm not much help , but I try real hard to explain what i'm trying to do.

Hi garybear

If all the above fails - you could try the sfc option (system file checker) (before a complete reinstall)

It can be done from the utilities in ASC, but you can also just write exactly "sfc /scannow" without the quotes in "Run", but you have to be able to enter your Windows install disc in your dvd drive when it asks for it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Services says its running automatic start, but it does nothing when I click on help and support. I think my right clicker got carried away. M e and detailer get carried away with it at times. I was trying to delete windows care in regestry, and I may have deleted pchealth. That was one reason I was trying to use the regestry restore in asc3, because it went further back than my window restore point. I know you are trying very hard to help me and i'm not much help. Help and support is realy not that inportant to me.How ever i'm very interested in asc3 regestry restore. I can live just fine without help and support. why do I need them when I have you guys lol

asc3properties

Ok gang, here is my final comment on this subject. When I go to restore center, there are 5 options under Select an Action. They are Create Restore Point,View System Restore, Backup Registry, Restore Registry,and Settings. Backup Registry and Restore Registry do not work. If I click on them , they lock up my pc. Has anyone tried them. I know how to restore from windows restore . You pick a date and click next. Im trying to use asc3 restore and they are not working . While i'm bitching,when I go to Utilities, Tuneup{all work} Security{ all work except System Backup, which asks if iI want to start a wizard, that never appears or starts any thing. Admin Tools, all work great. I realy appreciate all the input everyone has given, but no one is talking about these things. I don't give a dxxxx about windows Help and Support right now. I love this forum, its my first, and I think it's the greatest thing going. I know I dont expain things well. I'm trying to use asc3 to its fulliest and tell you about things not working for me. If I click on Restore Regestry and it locks up my pc, then there is a problem some where, does anyone agree. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. garybear

asc3properties

I guess i'v made ever one angry,and for that i'm very sorry. I thought I was being helpful ,and reporting bugs on this new program. If i'v done some thing wrong, then at least tell me what is was that I did, so I can apolajize. GOD BLESS ALL. garybear

No-no garybear

It is just that one has to talk the same language (try Danish :-) )

If you right click (bearing in mind that you love right clicks) on one of the restore points.

If you choose to undo the changes - click on that option. You can then choose to either delete it or to let it undo the changes.

Try that

Cheers

solbjerg

I guess i'v made ever one angry,and for that i'm very sorry. I thought I was being helpful ,and reporting bugs on this new program. If i'v done some thing wrong, then at least tell me what is was that I did, so I can apolajize. GOD BLESS ALL. garybear

I'm done with this. No one is even reading my posts. Right click my ass, no one is talking right click. I mention that as a joke and thats all you can think about. I'm talking about oppitions in asc 3 and you guys keep talking windows. I may just be in the crawling stage as far as computer nowledge ; compared to you guys, but I recommened this program to all my friends, thought I had found some people I could talk to about problems. I beginning to think I may have been badly mistaken. Where is detailer? He said he would be following this string. I need someone to read my post. forget right click forget help and support, forget about windows restore dates. I need some one to talk about asc3 and the oppions.If this gets the same responce i'v been getting , i'm out of here. not one damn person has talked about the oppinons in asc3 If you can't answer the questions, I can understand that, but not the run around i'v been getting.If your the man I thought you were detailer, you will email me and tell me at least what you think about this thread and me. please read the whole thing. I realy had strong fellings for this product and this forum, and I feel i'v realy been let down. My email is gandorwig@pldi.net. If you think i'm being a ass,let me know that also.

Ok garybear

I am sorry you feel that way

I thought I was responding to your questions, - but obviously not -,

please take the questions one at a time then, and tell us precisely what the problem is and what you want to achieve.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm done with this. No one is even reading my posts. Right click my ass, no one is talking right click. I mention that as a joke and thats all you can think about. I'm talking about oppitions in asc 3 and you guys keep talking windows. I may just be in the crawling stage as far as computer nowledge ; compared to you guys, but I recommened this program to all my friends, thought I had found some people I could talk to about problems. I beginning to think I may have been badly mistaken. Where is detailer? He said he would be following this string. I need someone to read my post. forget right click forget help and support, forget about windows restore dates. I need some one to talk about asc3 and the oppions.If this gets the same responce i'v been getting , i'm out of here. not one damn person has talked about the oppinons in asc3 If you can't answer the questions, I can understand that, but not the run around i'v been getting.If your the man I thought you were detailer, you will email me and tell me at least what you think about this thread and me. please read the whole thing. I realy had strong fellings for this product and this forum, and I feel i'v realy been let down. My email is gandorwig@pldi.net. If you think i'm being a ass,let me know that also.

asc3 properties

I' very sorry also I will try one more time. I do not want to talk about windows . I want to talk about asc3. If your open the retore center in asc3, there are 5 actions. CREATE RESTORE POINT, works just fine VIEW SYSTEM RESTORE, works just fine, BACKUP REGESTRY, what does this do and how do you use it.RESTORE REGESTRY, this locks up my pc and I have to poker down to escape.SETTINGS, works just fine and lets me change setting if I choose . I do not know any other way to explain, but will anser anyones quesstions. This has been my quesstion all along, but I may have cluttered it to much in the past, and for that I have paid the price. Thank you very much [garybear]

Archived