IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Real time protection no working under Windows 10

roger_m

This issue has already been dealt with in the ASCU sub-forum. Users are expected to at least look through the forum for similar topics and solutions. While it may be easier to simply post each and every issue, it is unfair to expect others to locate the info for you, when it is already available.

You have a conflict because W10 does not allow two AV programs to work simultaneously in Real Time. Please see this topic.

The post you linked refers to a completely different issue. I have Windows Defender disabled. I never use Windows Defender on any of my computers as it causes slowdowns at times. So, I only have one antivirus enabled - ASC Ultimate. Windows recognises that it is enabled. But, as I posted, the real time protection is not working.

Then please provide more info to enable us to assist. Has ASCU realtime protection ever worked, or was it working and then stopped. How do you know realtime protection is not working. Is it because it is showing as Unprotected on the GUI or showing the Realtime Protection switched off.

Is this a new installation of ASCU or a new installation of W10.

The more info supplied the easier to analyse the issue.

Realtime protection worked fine under Windows 7, but is not working since I upgraded my Windows 7 install to Windows 10. While ASC shows that realtime protection is enabled, it detects nothing. I only noticed this recently. I came across any old malware pack, and extracted it. Malware Fighter started detecting malware when I upacked it. ASC, however, detected nothing. It did detect malware when I did a manual scan of the folder.

I have reinstalled ASC Ultimate, but it made no differeence. I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling it yet.

It would appear that their may be bug with regard to the realtime resident protection, if it detects using a manual scan but does not do it automatically.

This will need to be addressed by Iobit, and hopefully Cicely will do this today. In the meantime, it may be worth a try completely uninstalling ASCU and reinstalling with the latest version.

@ Scannan,

Thanks for your timely reply on this issue.:oops:

Hi roger_m,

Please kindly download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Archived