IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System Information Windows xp

garybear

If anyone is bored, I could use some help,but only if your bored.When I go start, all programs,accessories,system tools,and click system information, I get an hour glass for just a instant, and then nothing. System information doesn't open.It used to work just fine. I have heard that this last window up date may have caused this problem. I down loaded KB953979, done the safe mode install ,but that wasn't the problem. Tried some other things, nothing has helped. If anyone is bored, and has any suggestions, I would sure listen. Just remember I'm not an expert, so explain things like your talking to a dummy. [garybear]

Hi garybear,

I have never used it and I don't know if it will work, but there is a "Restore System Information" fix listed on Kelly's Corner XP tweaks & fixes. Scroll down to #221 and look to the right. I do know that if you click on it you can run the fix from there. What it will do I have no idea.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

samr.

Thanks samr. Hey great site, but didn't help.

Not a good site Icy. You said you run Ncleaner. I could use some advice about what to tick and untick on Ncleaner when you have time. Could it have caused this problem? Thanks [garybear]

"for 'system items', i have everything ticked except for 'paging(swap) file'.

for everything else i have everything checked except for the category 'possible unnessary system file'. "

dug in to my PM's to find this as you once sent me a pm on what to tick. i dont blame you though, one day ill be this forgetful too (not to be taken as an offense)

i dont think it could have caused this problem as even this registry cleaner is not as thorough as Advanced WindowsCare V2. maybe it was the 'clean junk file' section as i was too afraid to touch it as i had broken my computer once deleting duplicate files :mrgreen:

System Info

Hi garybear-In system services,is "help and support" enabled? Also try this-open ASC > options>system optimization,and from the drop menu,choose either "basic" or "daily use(home user)"-then run the Diagnose System scan,and make any suggested repairs under "system optimization" I believe system info has a couple of "dependencies"of which,one is definitely "help and support".Sorry I was the last to post,but this is the simplest "fix" to try first.Happy Holidays

""

dug in to my PM's to find this as you once sent me a pm on what to tick. i dont blame you though, one day ill be this forgetful too (not to be taken as an offense)

I do remember that now. Sorry ,but you might be here some day. when you get to 70 , some things slip by. Thank you for your post, no offense taken. Some times it takes my wife and I both to carry on a conversation lol. I use this pc to keep my mind active and I appreciate every one on you guys on the forum. Thanks again [gary]

system information

Thanks guys.Kellys corner 221 didn't help, msinfo32 I get nothing in run ,msinfo I get windows can not find. If I do search msinfo ,I get 14 files ,search msinfo32 I get 7 files. Hope this is clear, trying to answer every one ,and still be brief. I really appreciate you guys, and please remember only do this if you are bored. Yes help and support doesn't work either detailer. services says help and support is enabled, and I think they are connected some way but that is over my head. system optimizer won't let me change to home ,I need pro addition for that, maybe pay day lol. Thanks again to every one [garybear]

Hi, garybear,

Dont be too concerned, I'm starting to forget things too. I had a stent fitted to one of my coronary arteries recently and I've forgotten two medical follow up appointments this month. I even had reminders on my computer which came up every time I booted my machine. This is most uncharacteristic for me. However, I'll be 75 next April, so I guess I must expect this sort of thing from now on.

System Information

WOW YEHAW . I fixed it . I NOW HAVE HELP AND SUPPORT AND SYSTEM INFORMATION. YES I'M SHOUTING BECAUSE I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD. YOU CAN GO BACK TO BEING BORED. happy holidays to all [garybear] ps it was a real burger and i'm not even sure what fixed it because I done so many things, just glad to have them back. I think I did a reinstall of help and support,not sure but its working, and i'm so happy.

WOW YEHAW . I fixed it . I NOW HAVE HELP AND SUPPORT AND SYSTEM INFORMATION. YES I'M SHOUTING BECAUSE I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD. YOU CAN GO BACK TO BEING BORED. happy holidays to all [garybear] ps it was a real burger and i'm not even sure what fixed it because I done so many things, just glad to have them back. I think I did a reinstall of help and support,not sure but its working, and i'm so happy.

blah. and i thought you could help ME :) wanna break it again and fix it so i know what to do? :razz: (joking)

Archived