IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

MalwareBytes quarantines Advanced SystemCare10

Karrstar

Good for you MontanaBob! This whole scandal by MBAM will get around the Internet very quickly. Advanced users will make the IObit Malware Fighter decision and average users will be asking techs in stores and online "what is gong on with my long-time security program, Malwarebytes?". Eventually people will move away from MBAM and use some other AV/AM.

In real-life I think the majority of people always pull for the underdog. And considering MBAM has gotten so many glowing reviews from most of us who have used it for several years, they slap us in the face and start ruining our customized Windows OSes. The underdog here is IObit but will emerge with a huge (I predict) client base after this debacle.

SuperTweaker,

Thanks for the kudos but my only concern is that, from a national perspective, I am supporting the wrong side in this case. Malwarebytes is a US company based in Santa Clara, California. Although I have been unable to find a corporate location for IOBit, (which in and of itself makes me suspicious), appears to be located in China. (Read their messages and you'll notice the grammatical errors, a telltale sign.) Another suspicion as to who is the wronged party in this issue is that the Chinese are well-known for their propensity to hack others, stealing intellectual property in the process, soooooo . . . I am conflicted.

Looking at it from another prospective, as a security utility developer, Malwarebytes should have protected their database, as it is the lifeblood of their company. That said, Malwarebytes should absolutely not be dragging their customers into their battle. History tells us that this behavior will not bode well for them.

Just my opinion.

MontanaBob

Hello All,

Thanks very much for your standby to IObit at this hard time and we are also very sorry for your lost caused by this issue.

We've always been contacting Malwarebytes since the very beginning when we noticed this issue. Many users contacted them and declared that Advanced SystemCare is their wanted program, rather than 'possible unwanted program' and these users only get the following copied reply. We have plenty of this reply from various users. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n219883[/ATTACH]

Below are some of the criteria of Malwarebytes PUP, which are available from Malwarebytes site.

obtrusive, misleading, or deceptive advertising, branding, or search practices

excessive or deceptive distribution, affiliate or opt-out bundling practices

aggressive or deceptive behavior especially surrounding purchasing or licensing

unwarranted, unnecessary, excessive, illegitimate, or deceptive modifications of system settings or configuration (including browser settings and toolbars)

difficulty uninstalling or removing the software

predominantly negative feedback or ratings from the user community

diminishes user experience

other practices generally accepted as riskware, scareware, adware, greyware, or otherwise commonly unwanted software by the user community

To be frankly, these criteria is very hard for IObit to determine the violations. So we contacted them about details. Since we both companies have many common users, we started a seriously whole self-inspection and eliminated all possible issues that may violates those criteria and sent this version to Malwarebytes for re-test about one week ago, still no respond.

We really hope that we can work together to solve this issue ASAP.

You have read my support of IObit in several posts. Perhaps make life easier for your company by removing all ads within ASC Free and Pro for other products. I think this is where they (security companies) are basing their criteria for PUP. If we download any IObit product, they all advertise your other products.

If a download of ASC Free version prompts the user to buy the ASC Pro version, that would be inline with all the other reputable programs i.e. CCleaner Free, Malwarebytes Free, AVG Free, Avast Free etc.

Almost all free (useful) programs we download prompt us to upgrade to the pay-for version. Perhaps you simply need to put a link on each product that says (see our other products) and not have an action center where people are prompted to download (all of IObit's products). Perhaps a little conformity would save your company.

Just a suggestion. :idea:

I think at avira and malwarebytes there are retards...Both are considering all advanced system care files as threat.

?I submitted all the files to online virustotal, and there was no detection. Fucking fed up of them

I think at avira and malwarebytes there are retards...Both are considering all advanced system care files as threat.

?I submitted all the files to online virustotal, and there was no detection. ******* fed up of them

Then by IObit Malware Fighter. No hassles with ASC after you get away from all the security bullies. I bought it and works great! I now have Driver Booster, ASC Pro and Uninstaller Pro.

One reason is to help support IObit and the other reason is to show my contempt for big security companies.

Then by IObit Malware Fighter. No hassles with ASC after you get away from all the security bullies. I bought it and works great! I now have Driver Booster, ASC Pro and Uninstaller Pro.

One reason is to help support IObit and the other reason is to show my contempt for big security companies.

the problem is even if you tell them, they don't listen....Even if you give proof they are wrong...

BUY IObit Malware Fighter and you will have no more problems with ASC or any other IObit products.

Support, support, support!

Get away from MBAM and protest their bullish tactics. I am telling my clients to uninstall MBAM and replace it with IObt Malware Fighter. No hesitation after I send them my findings at Malwarebytes Forums.

My own posts here at IObit are showing up in Malwarebytes forums. I have expired my affiliation with MBAM in protest of this coup to destroy IObit. Really pisses me off!

Well, try to put exe files into exception folder in Malwarebytes

I bought Malwarebyte and it was good but I cannot load it any longer on my Windows 10

Maybe you should uninstall Malwarebytes before yor buy Iobit Advanced SystemCare 10?

never a good idea to mix two Antivirus Software together, they are jealous :) ?

Cheers vbsmile.png

Well, try to put exe files into exception folder in Malwarebytes

I bought Malwarebyte and it was good but I cannot load it any longer on my Windows 10

Maybe you should uninstall Malwarebytes before yor buy Iobit Advanced SystemCare 10?

never a good idea to mix two Antivirus Software together, they are jealous :) ?

Cheers vbsmile.png

Hi iotop,

Our Advanced SystemCare PRO is a optimization tool not a anti-virus program.

Please take steps below to add all relevant files and registry entries to Exceptions of Malwarebytes.

Open Malwarebytes->Click on Settings->Click on the Protection Tab->Scroll down to Potential Threat Protection->Set the PUPs and PUMs setting to Warn User->Scroll down to Automatic Quarantine->Set Automatically quarantine detected malware to Off

If you are using premium, you need to remake your automated scans in order for these new settings to apply to them. So please do the following:

1. Click the Scan Schedule Tab

2. Check the box next to scheduled scan to select it, then click Delete at the bottom right

3. Click the Add button and set up a new Threat Scan with the preferred settings

4. Reinstall Advanced System Care and run a scan with Malwarebytes.

5. Uncheck all of the boxes related to Advanced System Care when the scan is finished.

To uncheck all the boxes at once, please click the box next Threat, and then click Next. In the next pane choose the option “Always Ignore” and Malwarebytes will no longer detect Advanced System Care.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Malwarebytes is right. This is Spyware! There are so many firewall requests when running this software that it is spinning my head! AutoUpdate.exe, AUpdate, IobitLiveUpdate.exe, Promote.exe and the list goes on and on and on. Why not cut all this out and have some respect for the paying customer not to invade his/her computer in this way?? This is why Malwarebytes classifies this as malware. Please don't latch on any of your products to the registry to be ran every time the PC starts and only allow to run what the customer wants. You have no right to invade PC's without the paying customer's consent! Period.

• 2 months later...

I'm caught in a tug of war here... I've been a fan of ASC for a long time, yet I also agree with the complaints about WAY too many firewall requests, WAY too many HARASSING pop-ups all the time and it's not getting better, it's getting worse. Now, you don't just throw the pop-ups in during start-up, but some come in while I am in the middle of my work... I don't use nice words when I am trying to get work done and for the 100th time I'm told I need to update something for the 5th time in one week!!!

I used to recommend your software to every client I have. Now, I rarely, if at all, tell them about you. I personally still use Pro, but I don't feel I am being a true professional in recommending something which has these issues... I agree with Lenny10 above, FIX this AGGRESSIVE and IMPERIOUS behavior and then, maybe, they'll take you off their lists...

We have an old saying in leadership, if it's just two people having a conflict, it could be them, or it could be you... But, when you have "multiple" sources ALL pointing at you, then it's just elementary! WAKE UP iobit! Your a good software company, FIRE the people leading you down a GREEDY AGGRESSIVE path and get back to what you do best!!

And yes, I am a business coach, that's FREE advice!!

Hi christian35

While I sympathise with you that pop-ups and update notices can be annoying, it is certainly no reason to stop using excellent software and or recommending it. Yes.Iobit have been asked many times to be less aggressive, and maybe someday they will take this on board. However, the good the software does far outweighs the inconvenience.

As for your advice....I recommend that you look at Malwarebytes also, and you will see that they have not singled out Iobit for this treatment. They are doing this to a huge amount of companies, and are presently being pursued in the American courts for their aggressive and damaging behaviour. There are many posts in this Forum relating to Malwarebytes and in them you will find links to many articles regarding Malwarebytes unacceptable behaviour.

When you have done this research, I recommend that you go to the Malwarebytes Forum, and offer them your advice.

I believe that this present conflict has reached stalemate, and will only be solved by the courts.

Archived