IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Error code 0xc0000142

leej

After running Advanced SystemCare 12, I am getting the error message 0xc0000142 when I try to open Outlook, and I have to reinstall or repair office. Luckily, I was able to repair office successfully. This has happened twice. When I "clean and optimize", all check boxes are chosen. Is there a checkbox that i can remove to prevent this from happening in the future, or what do i need to do?

The most likely function that may cause this isue is either Privacy Sweep or Registry defrag if you have the Deep Clean option selected in settings. I strongly

recommend not to enable Deep Clean in Registry Clean settings.

So you should unselect all the options in Clean & Optimise and only run Privacy Sweep and Registry Clean to see if one of those are causing the issue.

If they are not then try each of the other functions one at a time to see if one of them is causing.

If you are succesful in identifying the culprit come back to us and we will assist you with solution.

I did what you suggested...removed the check from the check box "deep clean" in the settings, and then ran each option one at a time. Then I would open "Outlook" to see if I could duplicate the error. It appears as if the problem was the "deep clean", as now it seems to be working correctly. Thanks for your help. I had previously had an issue with the taskbar not working, so it could have also been the "deep clean" option.

Hello Leej,

Sorry about the problem ASC caused to you. I'm also very glad to hear that Scannan's solution is helpful. However, we need your help to check the cause of the problem. Since we didn't reproduce the problem, it would be grateful if you can help us look into the issue by providing us with more information below:

1.Please send us the screenshot of the error message you got so that we can see it clearly.

2.Please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

1) Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe

2) Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

3) After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

4) Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Waiting for your reply.

Hello Leej,

Sorry about the problem ASC caused to you. I'm also very glad to hear that Scannan's solution is helpful. However, we need your help to check the cause of the problem. Since we didn't reproduce the problem, it would be grateful if you can help us look into the issue by providing us with more information below:

1.Please send us the screenshot of the error message you got so that we can see it clearly.

2.Please follow the steps below to provide us with the requested file for our further investigation.

1) Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe

2) Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

3) After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

4) Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Waiting for your reply.

Cicely

This has been an issue with the Deep Clean function since it was introduced many years ago.

There are entire discussions in the Forum regarding the issue.

For some reason it is simply too agressive on some pc's and some pc's configurations.

Since this issue first came up those many years ago, Iobit has received lot's of feedback and assistance from Users.

The issue stil remains, though it does not occur as often as it used to, which either means that Iobits improved programming has improved the situation

and/or windows registry or OS is less affected or most likely Users have disabled it as we advise always in the Forum.

As has been suggested many times before, Iobit should consider removing the Deep Clean function, as Users have always been advised

to disable it anyway, and I believe that most Users have done so.

• 3 weeks later...

Iobit support team,

Well since the program is working correctly, and I no longer have the error message, I would have to reproduce the problem, which I really don't want to do. Sorry. I have been avoiding using the program since i get issues at times when I use the program, and it is not worth it to me to try and troubleshoot the issue. I used to enjoy trouble shooting computer issues, but now, praise the Lord, I have better ways to spend my limited time on this earth. In the future, if I get bored, and get a wild hair to try the program again, and have the issue, I will post it. Peace, my friends.

• 1 year later...

Error code 0xc0000142 is an error code which affects Windows 10 users. It often occurs when users attempt to run Windows applications. The message in the application error box allows users to recognize the error as it states that “the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).� Common symptoms of this error code include the following:

Inability to start applications

Inability to completely run Windows applications

Appearance of error code 0xc0000142 message box

Method One: Perform a Clean Boot

A clean boot is one of the most basic procedures you can run to solve a Windows-based error code of this nature. It works by identifying whether or not conflict among startup programs is preventing Windows application from running properly. This occurs through a clean boot process involving Windows using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs when you reboot.

Here is what you’ll need to do:

Step one: Go to Start and type msconfig

Step two: Right click and select System Configuration

Step three: Select Service tab and click Hide all Microsoft Services then click Disable all.

Step four: Click Startup tab within the System Configuration dialog box.

Step five: Select Open Task Manager

Step six: Within the Startup tab of Task Manager, select Disable for each Startup item, then close Task Manager.

Step seven: Click OK on the Startup tab of System Configuration.

Step eight: Restart your computer.

Method Two: Run a System File Checker Scan

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility tool built into the Windows 10 operating system, as well as other versions of Windows, to detect and repair corrupted system files. Since corrupted system files can result in error code 0xc0000142, run this tool by following the steps below:

Step one: Go to Start and type Command Prompt or CMD.

Step two: Right click and select Administrator

Step three: Check for and repair corrupted system files. Simply type sfc /scannow. (Be sure to place a space between “sfc� and “/scannow�).

I hope this two methods will be helpful to resolve your issues regarding this error.

Lewis Bert