IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Designing New Skins for ASC (Part 1)

Valuater

Should be OK now...

May have a problem with a "False positive" from McAffee.

There is nothing wrong with this program, you can check me out as an MVP at Autoit for years!!

I am investigating why this could happen, it was only released an hour ago!

Thank you Pat

Valuater

8)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I'm doing something wrong. Dl'd 2 skins, made a folder called "SKIN" as subfolder under ASC and unzipped 'em into the folder. However, I cannot dl the Launcher program as it is interrupted. "The connection with the server was reset." Would like to get it when its fixed.

Sorry for the problems Pat.. I downloaded the Launcher and tested everything..OK... ????

First There is already a Sub-Folder called "Skin" in the ASC folder, you did not need to make one. it should have two folders inside the "Skin" folder their names are "Black" and White". So be sure to copy and paste the new "Black-Blue" folder in there. ( same with any new skin you download )

I tested it from as a guest user and everything was OK

I do not know the problem with the server as you stated.

Good luck

Valuater

8)

Discovered the ESET security suite was blocking the dl. Turned it off and notified Eset via email that this is a FP and to correct. However, how do I execute the program? There is no icon in the "Utilities" folder when ASC is opened. Sorry if I sound so dumb, but just not getting it somehow...

BIG EDIT: After I RT*M, got it working. Not even gonna say what the problem was other than it was sitting behind the keyboard. http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/funny-smileys-68129/questions.gif

Discovered the ESET security suite was blocking the dl. Turned it off and notified Eset via email that this is a FP and to correct. However, how do I execute the program? There is no icon in the "Utilities" folder when ASC is opened. Sorry if I sound so dumb, but just not getting it somehow...

That's good news, you now have the dl ok!!.... ;-)

Knowing the new skin folders are in the right place as I previously explained. We move forward...

Ok, you need to re-open the ASC folder and double-click the XSkin Launcher

Press three keys at the same time Ctrl+Alt+S this will place XSkin Launcher in the startup folder and run everytime the computer starts.

Now go to the "Options", then to the "User Interface" XSkin will make a small about gui and place the skins in the drop-down list at the bottom of the screen

.... and that's it!!! ... :smile:

Valuater

8)

BIG EDIT: After I RT*M, got it working. Not even gonna say what the problem was other than it was sitting behind the keyboard. http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/funny-smileys-68129/questions.gif

LOL.... :lol:

Great I hope you like it!!

Valuater

8)

Hi valuator,

I have downloaded launcher into ASC folder & placed "black & white" into skin folder. I do have "Xskin" in the tune up section. If I click on it it says it is already running. If I go to User Interface page, nothing happens. If I check the drop down menu under "theme" it still shows "black" & "white" but no "black & blue".I can't seem to get it to work.

samr.

Hi Valuater,

Great achivement.:-D

FYI,

I have changed te image in post #25 using

Module_Label=13369344

for the strings in the circles to be better seen.

How did you edit your post #33 without edit note at the bottom? :shock:

Another great achivement. :-P

Cheers.

Hi Valuater,

Great achivement.:-D

FYI,

I have changed te image in post #25 using

Module_Label=13369344

for the strings in the circles to be better seen.

How did you edit your post #33 without edit note at the bottom? :shock:

Another great achivement.

Cheers.

I will check-out the color and maybe make it the standard!!

I do not know how post #33 did not note an edit??

I changed post #1 and will always update that post to the latest and greatest from XSkin!!!

**Possible sticky status???**

here's another... Black-Rich-Blue

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4118/ascskin7dv8.jpg

Thank you!!

Valuater

8)

Hi enoskype, Thanks again for all your support, it is appreciated!!!

I would like to make the above buttons black instead of white. do you know how i can get to those???

I will look into the possibility of changing the colors in the "blue" back to white letters and try to change the background color of the ListView away from white... maybe light blue?? Any ideas there?

I also changed the link in my signature *Launch ASC with XSkin 2.0+* to go to page #1 in this thread!

Valuater

8)

Hi enoskype, Thanks again for all your support, it is appreciated!!!

I will look into the possibility of changing the colors in the "blue" back to white letters and try to change the background color of the ListView away from white... maybe light blue?? Any ideas there?

I would like to make the above buttons black instead of white. do you know how i can get to those???

Valuater

8)

Hi Valuater, thanks for your kind words.

If that's what you are asking for, here they are:

[W_AWC]

TntButton1.Caption=Scan

TntButton2.Caption=Stop

TntButton3.Caption=Repair

TntButton4.Caption=Scan

TntButton5.Caption=Stop

TntButton6.Caption=Repair

TntButton7.Caption=Close

TntButton8.Caption=Skip

TntButton9.Caption=Close

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For darker colors of the main GUI or for white letters, a color other than white would not be a bad idea for the ListView I think.

Do you have any ideas for bnews.html, and wnews.html in the Latest News tab?

Please keep up the great work.

Beautiful skins. :grin:

Cheers.

New Skins

I think the new skins that valuator has designed are terrific. I have download two of them and put them in the skins folder as instructed but I cant seem to be able to change the skin. I am still only able to get black or white. What am I doing wrong?

Hi w.Hatton,

Did you download Launch_XSkin_ASC.zip file from post #1 of this thread?

Extract the zip file so that exe file sould be in the main folder of AS 3, and the other skin color sub folder should be in Skin folder in ASC 3 main folder.

You have to exit and restart ASC 3 for changes to come to effect.

Click the created extra (X) icon under "Tune Up" tab, in "Utilities" of ASC 3, click "Options", click "User Iterface", than the options of skins would be there in the dropdown menu of "Theme".

Choose your preferred one and click "Apply" button.

That's it.

Cheers.

OK

Did you read the "Read Me" file, or did you get it downloaded...

Need more info to help you.. BTW if you had posted in the Skin thread, I would have seen this sooner to help you!!

I downloaded the zip file and extracted to the ASC3 folder, then copied and paste to the Skin folder. Opened User Interface and only White & Black are there. Did not find the skins in Tuneup area.

OK!!! Got it to work!!!

I think the new skins that valuator has designed are terrific. I have download two of them and put them in the skins folder as instructed but I cant seem to be able to change the skin. I am still only able to get black or white. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for the review on the XSkin designs!!!

enoskype explained the required directions very well.

Hope you got it working!!

Good Luck and Enjoy!!

Valuater

8)

Archived