IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A possible major bug

ceo54

Hello,

I would like to make 2 point here. First, the program never deletes anything from the recycle menu or the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp folders even though recycle bin is selected in the junk files clean in settings.

Second, this is neither a complain nor am I asking for support, just drawing the attention of the dev's towards other programs CCleaner and Auslogics Boostspeed, they remove far more junk than ASC. While ASC has better navigation, tweaks and registry removals but it's junk file cleaning module needs improvements.

Thank you for the software, support and kind regards.

1 minute ago, Scannan said:

Hi again Scannan and thank you for the helpful links. Found the answer to the recycle bin not clearing up.

Second link shows "We could not locate the item you are trying to view."

2 hours ago, Scannan said:

Glad to help. Try the second link again.

Okay second link works now but isn't it about ASC ultimate, I'm on Pro shouldn't I submit this in Pro thread instead of ultimate thread ??

11 minutes ago, ceo54 said:

Okay second link works now but isn't it about ASC ultimate, I'm on Pro shouldn't I submit this in Pro thread instead of ultimate thread ??

I am sorry, but I do not understand the point you are making.

5 minutes ago, Scannan said:

I am sorry, but I do not understand the point you are making.

I was saying that where can I submit the suggestion for the junk files cleaning module for the dev's to take attention of the point ?

Edited by ceo54

2 minutes ago, Scannan said:

The link was to help you solve your problem. It has nothing to do with where you posted.

Yes, scannan I found those settings, credits to you. Can I take a moment and show you the all the things CCleaner removes ??

Maybe a screenshot ?

I appreciate your efforts, but there is no point in showing me a list.

I am quite sure that Iobit are well aware of the functions of CCleaners and the others.

As to whether they take your suggestions on board......that's anybody's guess.

As you can see, Iobit have not contributed to the post.

Okay understand what you're saying. Do they read all the threads on board ?

And one last thing, if you could help me out here, could you please link me to any threads I can make a suggestion or draw their attention towards this this issue ?

And thanks again for the help, highly appreciated.

You have already posted the suggestion.

If you post the same suggestion again in another thread, it will be considered a duplicate/double post and will be deleted.

As to Iobit reading all the threads on board.....????....all I know is that they seldom answer any posts in the forum.

7 minutes ago, Scannan said:

You have already posted the suggestion.

If you post the same suggestion again in another thread, it will be considered a duplicate/double post and will be deleted.

As to Iobit reading all the threads on board.....????....all I know is that they seldom answer any posts in the forum.

Ah! So I guess we are done here. Actually, as I said before I want to use Iobit's products over others because they do things like a pro but I'm emphasizing this so much because I had lot's of junk on the system and leftovers from the uninstalled programs, I ran ASC and it removed 200 MB something junk but I got the feeling it left much more so I tried CCleaner and Voila it removed another 1.2 GB over what ASC removed so that's a huge difference.

Anyways, we together have done all we could and just hope dev's read this and improve the junk cleaning module further. 

Thank you for taking time and helping me out yet again. You are a valuable asset here and all your contributions are highly appreciated.

Hi ceo54,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.  We are always here.🙂

We have many enthusiastic users like Scannan who are very professional and knowledgeable about our products and help us answer other users' question very timely. Usually, if they have already provided a solution, we will not reply to the users again.

As for the feedback "I ran ASC and it removed 200 MB something junk but I got the feeling it left much more so I tried CCleaner and Voila it removed another 1.2 GB over what ASC removed so that's a huge difference", please uncheck the following two options in the Junk File Clean settings next time when you use ASC to clean junk files:

- Keep Windows Temp Files and Memory Dumps for the last

- Keep files in Recycle Bin for the last"

Have a lovely day!😉