Jump to content
IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Advanced SystemCare Pro Review IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Driver Booster Pro Review IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs

Driver Booster Killed my computer


Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

After installing Windows 11 on my computer I used the Driver Booster to install driver's and it makes it so that the blue screen of death appears stating that I have an inaccessible boot device.

 

I know this because this only happened after installing and trying to update my driver's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there, 

When we tested it, we found Driver Booster can work well on Windows 11.

Since the environment of each PC is different, we need the tool to get the information about your system and the operation of our program. Without the required information, we can do little to analyze the issue or further help you. Your understanding is highly appreciated and it would be much better if you can follow the steps in the previous email to get the information.
Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just started using Driver Booster a couple of days ago on a Windows 11 system without issue so far. The reason for my post is there is a backup option, did you create a backup? If so, just do a rollback. Also, if you follow the suggestion in Cicely's post it will be very beneficial not only in helping tech support, but to find a previously undiscovered issue that other users may encounter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just installed driver booster 9. I thought it would be awesome! But I’ve been trying to fix my computers blue screen of death ever since I “updated my drivers” after rebooting. I’ve TRIED EVERYTHING. I EVEN RESET MY COMPUTER TO FACTORY DEFAULTS. I literally am having a mental breakdown as I’ve invested so much time into this computer and all my files and everything are gone now. IVE NEVER HAD ISSUES UNTIL I USED THE DRIVER BOOSTER PROGRAM. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What’s worse is that it’s the programs fault as I didn’t do anything other than run the update. It won’t let me go back to a restore point, I can’t log into safe mode. IOBIT YOU OWE ME A NEW COMPUTER. This is an expensive build too so start saving. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Nathanryan92 said:

What’s worse is that it’s the programs fault as I didn’t do anything other than run the update. It won’t let me go back to a restore point, I can’t log into safe mode. IOBIT YOU OWE ME A NEW COMPUTER. This is an expensive build too so start saving. 

Before you ran Driver Booster....

Did you make a backup of your file/system.

Did you create a restore point in case something went wrong.

Did you go through all the settings in Driver Booster before using it.

After the update and the issue happened....

did you rollback the driver(s)....Did you try a restore point......before you did the Factory reset.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I installed Windows 10 pro on my new desktop.  Installed Driver Booster.  After updating all the drivers, it requested for a reboot.  The PC wasn't able to successfully reboot.  I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and tried it again.  After updating all the drivers and rebooting, again, my PC can't get past a successful reboot.  I reinstalled Windows 10 again, and not installing Driver Booster until this thing gets fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

Could you please check whether you can boot up your PC in safe mode?

Since the environment of each PC is different, we need the tool to get the information about your system and the operation of our program. Without the required information, we can do little to analyze the issue or further help you. Your understanding is highly appreciated and it would be much better if you can follow the steps in the previous email to get the information.
Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

The same thing happened to me... DO NOT update your M.2 Drive using Iobit Driver Booster. You will get the "Inaccesable Boot Device" happening every time. This is a problem 100% on Iobit' side for providing corrupt and dangerous drivers with there software. A quick Google Search of "iobit driver booster inaccesable boot device" will produce a lot of results of people having the same issues. For anyone reading this, the only way to fix will be to format your PC do a fresh reinstall of Windows, or Restore your system to point before you install any Drivers from Iobit Driver Booster Software. 

Edited by 7up7zip
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 7up7zip said:

The same thing happened to me... DO NOT update your M.2 Drive using Iobit Driver Booster. You will get the "Inaccesable Boot Device" happening every time. This is a problem 100% on Iobit' side for providing corrupt and dangerous drivers with there software. A quick Google Search of "iobit driver booster inaccesable boot device" will produce a lot of results of people having the same issues. For anyone reading this, the only way to fix will be to format your PC do a fresh reinstall of Windows, or Restore your system to point before you install any Drivers from Iobit Driver Booster Software. 

Could you please explain how to implement theses solutions, if you cannot boot your pc.

It may help other Users.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 3:41 PM, Scannan said:

Could you please explain how to implement theses solutions, if you cannot boot your pc.

It may help other Users.

You cannot.

You have to do a full clean install of Windows 11 if the restore point doesn't work or doesn't exist.

I did it today, updated the drivers via this tool and boom on restart I had inaccessible boot drive. Tried the restore point but it wouldn't restore. Safe mode wouldnt boot. Repair wouldn't repair.

Had to install a fresh windows. Lucky I have a 2nd pc to create a media usb drive from.

 

On the fresh build I then installed it again just to test. And again, instantly it caused the same issue.

 

The kicker is I even bloody paid for the pro version thinking it would be a good tool.

 

Under no circumstances use this tool unless you want a fresh install

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Apoc525 said:

On the fresh build I then installed it again just to test. And again, instantly it caused the same issue.

So, instead of just repeating the same thing that caused the issue in the first place, why did you not update the drivers one at a time

to identify which driver caused the issue. This could have helped you and others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Scannan said:

So, instead of just repeating the same thing that caused the issue in the first place, why did you not update the drivers one at a time

to identify which driver caused the issue. This could have helped you and others.

I updated different drivers the second time.

Second time all it did was LAN driver, WiFi driver and realtek.

It still killed the boot.

I manually installed these after my rebuild and they worked fine.

It's the software doing something it shouldn't

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me funny thing worked perfectly before this time rebooted, win. 10 crashed did a fix lost D drive got it back but now windows store app won't work cannot update the app or install to it. I bought iobit driver booster nearly a year ago I will not be renewing my subscription. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same issue here, can’t reset PC, can’t restore, can’t boot into safe mode. I work from home tomorrow, is there a fix? Nothing I’m trying is working. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, this problems was caused by Driver Booster, yesterday I updated the Drivers with Driver Booster and after I clicked restart the PC is completely broken, no way to fix it, Windows Boot and Recovery 100% corrupted.

First of all another things, this Drivers that broke Windows today are completely disappeared from the program, so they remove it thankfully.

This is how I fixed it:

You need access to another PC that works and have an USB Drive with at least 16GB of space.

Go to the working PC, download the Windows Media Creation Tool and use them to install the Windows ISO to the USB Drive (make sure to use the Windows Version that correspond to your broken PC, example: Windows 10 21H2, Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1, etch…).

After that turn off your PC, insert the USB Drive, then turn on the PC and immediately press the Keyboard Key that access to the BIOS Boot Manager (for example for my motherboard to select the Boot Partition I need to press F11), then select the USB Drive and if the PC ask you to Boot normally like an USB or with UEFI then select UEFI.

The PC will start with Windows Installation window, so you need to press next and then Repair your computer (it is located at the bottom left), then it will start go on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and then System Restore.

After that the System Restore window appear and now you need to press next, and choose the restore point located before Driver Booster, then next, finish and finally yes.

So now wait until it finished and after your PC will restart your Windows should be repaired with all your data saved.

Let me know if that help, if you still have problems I can give you support but not for free, my Discord: GiulioTopLad#3783

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2022 at 10:28 AM, Cicely said:

Hi there, 

When we tested it, we found Driver Booster can work well on Windows 11.

Since the environment of each PC is different, we need the tool to get the information about your system and the operation of our program. Without the required information, we can do little to analyze the issue or further help you. Your understanding is highly appreciated and it would be much better if you can follow the steps in the previous email to get the information.
Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.

Hey, You are so totally wrong.

I have used driver booster over 10 years. Now it has in 3 months killed 3 computers that I have had to manually install whole shit again. I have removed driver booster from every computer I used to guard and I am sorry but I will no longer trust your programs.

Thing is that it finds some kind of old driver it had something to do disk drives. This happend to my new Lenovo Legion T5 and after update my computer could not launch windows and MBR was totally blasted out and I wasnt able to write it even manually. ACCESS DENIED.

Even computer own repair system or window reinstall didnt work before I downloaded whole windows 11 again and installed it with USB drive. 

I am so sorry but my trust for your program is now zero and that is very hard thing to upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes Driver booster has worked fine for me like 10 years. Now it killed my wifes mothers computer 3 times at the row - I could not identify that problem was from driver booster because I installed it for her computer and had let her know to use it weekly.

Before I bought my new lenovo legion T5 it did same for me, suddenly MBR was corrupted and only way when I tried everything - only way that work was reinstall whole shit again from the USB drive.

My wifes mother now didnt trust my opinion how to fix computer so she is going to pay 100e that some greed bastard firm is going to fix that computer. For me, I think owe her that money. Your program did it and I think she even didnt have windows 11 computer. I did. But lucky me I had USB disk and second computer.

I am so dissapointed. I used to put this program every computer for every family member because I am the computer guy in the family. And I will remove this tool faster than lightspeed. 

But it would be fair and nice to get compensation. 

I am sorry but this will fall your business down. You can loose your trust only once with theese. 

It would really be more than fair you pay my wifes mother computer fix and that is because when it broke down first place I couldnt even imagine reason could be drivers booster. I even wrote good recommendation about your program. 

If i would live USA i would suit you for this. This never should ever happen in any cases. And when you start hear rumors this can happen - you should disable your program from all users or send warning message and repair it first. But too late for that.

Her computer 3 times and mine once. I think problem could be related somehow bitlocker or something that guard MBR put it at state access denied so any fix attemp even manually was not possible. Funny thing was that I could manually name that boot sector to z:\ i could rewrite it manually but command fixmbr was ok and fixboot access denied... so it never started to work.

She lost every information she did had and so did I because I tried every way to reinstall it first because I didint even know I had usb disk at my desk.

DO NOT USE iobit software - any of them - because this is totally lame and you should compensate and take responsibility for this size of error. And in my view you should try and test your own software almost every possible new computer setup there is - just to be sure. 

I am sorry but no more IOBIT for me. But thank you for 9 years of good service, aftert that - IDK what went wrong.

Write me e-mail and pay my wifes mother fee for her trouble, even small fee could compensate and I will wait and perhaps use your programs again. But thing is, you will not do that right? So good bye and sorry that you will loose many many many customers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2022 at 9:17 PM, GiulioTopLad said:

Hi everyone, this problems was caused by Driver Booster, yesterday I updated the Drivers with Driver Booster and after I clicked restart the PC is completely broken, no way to fix it, Windows Boot and Recovery 100% corrupted.

First of all another things, this Drivers that broke Windows today are completely disappeared from the program, so they remove it thankfully.

This is how I fixed it:

You need access to another PC that works and have an USB Drive with at least 16GB of space.

Go to the working PC, download the Windows Media Creation Tool and use them to install the Windows ISO to the USB Drive (make sure to use the Windows Version that correspond to your broken PC, example: Windows 10 21H2, Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1, etch…).

After that turn off your PC, insert the USB Drive, then turn on the PC and immediately press the Keyboard Key that access to the BIOS Boot Manager (for example for my motherboard to select the Boot Partition I need to press F11), then select the USB Drive and if the PC ask you to Boot normally like an USB or with UEFI then select UEFI.

The PC will start with Windows Installation window, so you need to press next and then Repair your computer (it is located at the bottom left), then it will start go on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and then System Restore.

After that the System Restore window appear and now you need to press next, and choose the restore point located before Driver Booster, then next, finish and finally yes.

So now wait until it finished and after your PC will restart your Windows should be repaired with all your data saved.

Let me know if that help, if you still have problems I can give you support but not for free, my Discord: GiulioTopLad#3783

 

On 3/13/2022 at 1:59 AM, Scannan said:

Before you ran Driver Booster....

Did you make a backup of your file/system.

Did you create a restore point in case something went wrong.

Did you go through all the settings in Driver Booster before using it.

After the update and the issue happened....

did you rollback the driver(s)....Did you try a restore point......before you did the Factory reset.

 

Well I did every single thing and it was no help. It corrupts the boot drive and even factory reset wont help, because it somehow manage to lock up m5 drives boot sector.

I have always done restore point - it still found only one and that was latest, I used it but no use, MBR was became unaccessable.

I really thing you owe more than stupid questions.

And wtf you mean should I do all the settings in driver booster, you have done it that you can automaticly update programs. 

I am angry as hell because not only like I said it caused to my wife mother computer to crash permanently and I didnt have a glue what to do and she took it to the "professional" who now said only 100e and he fixes it. And my reputation as being the good computer guy who can keep relatives and friends computers working well is now ruined. 

This is error that should never ever ever happen. Never.

I dont even get it. It even did not found that new driver that needed to update at first. I could use my computer like month or two then it happens. Same thing was with my wife mother. She had this crash once, managed to save it her self, second time and I it was so new computer they had to fix it free but third time... this is totally fucked up. 

You know how to contact me if you want to compensate I can send you the bill she has and it is totally your fault she went to greed bastard who takes 100e for fresh windows install - thats ridicilious price. But you definently owe me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/13/2022 at 1:10 AM, Nathanryan92 said:

What’s worse is that it’s the programs fault as I didn’t do anything other than run the update. It won’t let me go back to a restore point, I can’t log into safe mode. IOBIT YOU OWE ME A NEW COMPUTER. This is an expensive build too so start saving. 

You need to USB drive windows 11 and install it from there and everything works fine. Then use only driver updater that your computer for e.g I have LENOVO so lenovo has own driver updater and it does work fine. It does not perhaps find so many drivers to update but damn, i rather have a few older driver than reinstall my windows ever again. 

And I know excactly how you felt. I tought I have to go and refund my computer (i have refund deal 60 days) and I was going to loose every nerv I ever had. 

 

Oh i see the post is old I hope you found sollution yourself. But this is for other ppl using this same computers dooms day tool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we all should wait that iobit really compensate this and if not, lets remove every single program they have ever made and bye bye iosoft.

Sorry but there is no excuse that your program does not support m5 dirves, then you have done lazy job and I have worked as test engineer so I really do know when u do program for drivers - it should be tested with every latest technology.

Are you sure you havent got some of your employee gone mad for you? Because this somehow feels like someone did this for purpose - or then it just is that you really didnt test it with latest computers. All latest computers had m5 fast ssd drive. It can not be so hard.

for start 10 year free subscription for every single program you sell could make me write more nicely. But before that I will find every single thread where people have similar problem and I offer two similar sollution. 1) USB - reinstall windows (I llost every data because I tried even clean install before I found that i had USB disk) 2) do NOT use IOBIT software no more. There are other sollutions. But with new computer and specially with laptops ALWAYS use your manufactors updaters. Like HP has own, LENOVO has own. 

Iobit ruined whike thing badly,. Very badly, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

First of all, it is our great honor that Driver Booster is picked when our users need to update the driver for the PC performance.

Even if we try our best to minimize the risk by testing the drivers carefully, no one can promise that all the drivers can works perfect on each PC. Due to the difference of system environment, the result may be different from the same driver update. Moreover, Driver Booster doesn't produce any drivers and it just provides the drivers from Windows and PC manufacturer. Thus, we strongly recommend all create a restore point before the driver update so that the system can be restore to a point before what unexpected happens. Once we find one driver cause issues, we will exclude the driver from our database immediately.

Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cicely said:

Hi there,

First of all, it is our great honor that Driver Booster is picked when our users need to update the driver for the PC performance.

Even if we try our best to minimize the risk by testing the drivers carefully, no one can promise that all the drivers can works perfect on each PC. Due to the difference of system environment, the result may be different from the same driver update. Moreover, Driver Booster doesn't produce any drivers and it just provides the drivers from Windows and PC manufacturer. Thus, we strongly recommend all create a restore point before the driver update so that the system can be restore to a point before what unexpected happens. Once we find one driver cause issues, we will exclude the driver from our database immediately.

Your understanding is highly appreciated.

To be fair to all the Users who have posted here, I have to say that this is an extremely unhelpful answer.

To recommend creating a restore point as a solution to this issue is quite pointless, when the Users have made it quite

clear that they cannot Boot their pc, that they get Inaccesible Boot Device, so obviously a restore point will not help

if the pc cannot be booted or the drive accessed.

There is obviously a serious issue, with either the DB program for certain system setups, or with bad drivers for these systems.

It appears to be affecting SSD's (M drives), so I really think that this needs indepth investigating by Iobit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...