IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver booster kinda killed my laptop...

After getting driver booster, I used it to update my drivers all at once. I restarted my laptop and all that appears is a blue screen that displays select account. Typing my password on one of the accounts will just say it's incorrect. Clicking forgot your password just restarts my laptop and leads to the same blue screen with select account. I heard that I should enable safe mode but it doesn't seem to be working.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
After updating drivers with driver booster pro 10.2 windows 10 has become a mess. Couldn't find boot ssd anymore and blue screen. Reinstalled several times each time using driver booster crash windows 10 and impossible to boot.
Too bad, but no more driver booster for me.

Hi there,

Could you please check whether you can reboot your PC in safe mode?

Since the environment of each PC is different, we need the tool to get the information about your system and the operation of our program. Without the required information, we can do little to analyze the issue or further help you. Your understanding is highly appreciated and it would be much better if you can follow the steps in the previous email to get the information.
Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.

Hi, just as a matter of interest, how are you meant to instal a piece of software, your debug tool, onto a Blue Screen laptop that will not give access to anything!!! I get the impression this is a stock answer as Iobit don't have a solution. 

Drive Booster seems to be a very dangerous piece of software. I used it without problems, until now, since it first came out. It works on my Windows 11 desktop, but Blue Screen on a Microsoft Surface Pro 8. It totally trashed it and it had to be returned to Microsoft, absolutely no way could your answer, 'run the debug tool' would work. That was a year ago and still no fix. 

8 hours ago, adm1945 said:

Hi, just as a matter of interest, how are you meant to instal a piece of software, your debug tool, onto a Blue Screen laptop that will not give access to anything!!! I get the impression this is a stock answer as Iobit don't have a solution. 

Drive Booster seems to be a very dangerous piece of software. I used it without problems, until now, since it first came out. It works on my Windows 11 desktop, but Blue Screen on a Microsoft Surface Pro 8. It totally trashed it and it had to be returned to Microsoft, absolutely no way could your answer, 'run the debug tool' would work. That was a year ago and still no fix. 

does it work on windows 10?

Until 2022 it worked fine on all my family computers, Win 10 - 11 including a Surface Pro 6. From early 2022 it caused my Surface Pro 8 to blue screen. Is it the Surface Pro or Iobit - I think Iobit as it runs flawlessly all other programs.

• 1 month later...

Yes, Driver Booster consistently trashes my Surface Go tablet. IOBIT should REALL REALLY advise users not to use it on the Mocrosoft Surface line of products. I do not understand why, but the Blue Screen of Death appears and one has to rebuild the system from scratch. Clearly some (or many) of the drivers on the Surface machines are not compatible with whatever Booster is using to replace them.

Hi there,

Since the environment of each PC is different, we need the tool to get the information about your system and the operation of our program. Without the required information, we can do little to analyze the issue or further help you. Your understanding is highly appreciated and it would be much better if you can follow the steps in the previous email to get the information.
Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.