IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag 8.2. Installs O.K, But, "WILL NOT" RUN on my H.P. 15" Bw011D Notebook Laptop!

j80r59m

To Whom it may Concern;

The IOBit SmartDefrag 8.2 version WILL NOT "RUN" on my H.P. 15" Bw011D NoteBook Laptop!

I've uninstalled it,(with IOBit uninstaller) & re-installed it several times but No matter  what way I try either with my (Built-in) Synaptic's SMBus Touchpad or from my Keyboard, IT REFUSES TO RUN! I don't receive any error messages during installation & when I select the prioritize and Defrag key it does HIGHLIGHT, but it WILL NOT RUN  the utility! Please Help!

Device Specifications;

Device name    HP-NB-15-bw011d
Processor    AMD A6-9220 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTER LAPTOP CORES 2C+3G      2.50 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.5 GB usable)
Device ID    70E60C35-5ADB-4E07-81CD-DD2437593F1C
Product ID    00330-80818-60002-AA478
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based 2 Core processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Windows Specifications;

Edition    Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit
Version    21H1
Installed on    ‎5/‎14/‎2020
OS build    19043.2251
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3030.0

SmartDefrag 8.2 WILL NOT RUN-Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have never come across this situation before. Very strange,

Can you give the following info.....

1) You cannot install SD or ASC.?

2)You cannot download SD or ASC.?

3) When did this start happening...was it after a change on your system, such as an Update/Upgrade.?

4) You have disabled all antivirus/antimalware programs including windows security, and were still unable to download SD or ASC.?

• 2 months later...

Scannan; 

I'm sorry for the delay, I never received a notification of your response!

A Lot has happened concerning this issue!

First of all I turned "OFF" "ALL" Security Apps, which included, Microsoft Windows Defender, Firewall, Microsoft Safety Scanner & (MWMSRT), Spybot Search & Destroy, Immunization & Spywareblaster 6 - To "NO" Avail. 

In direct response to your second question, I've never had a problem downloading any of the (5) IObit programs that I'm interested in, that being IObit's; Advanced SystemCare 16, Smart Defrag 8. IObit Uninstaller 12, Software Updater 5 & Driver Booster 10.

My first Observation & Question that I wish to Pose to you is:

Why doesn't "ANY" of IObit's Five Utilities, Advanced SystemCare 16, Smart Defrag 8, IObit Uninstaller 10, Software Updater 5 & Driver Booster 10, "NOT" offer any alternative SHORTCUT KEY(Ctrl} with an Underscored letter or a Capitalized First letter Combination to Execute "ANY"  of The Key Commands?

My ONLY success, (although short lived), in re-installing the IObit programs mentioned was when I went into the Windows Security App & turned "OFF BY DEFAULT, ALL" of the Exploit Protection settings. Afterwards, I was able to get the Installation Key to respond, But, even after the Installation of the IObit Advanced SystemCare App completed, getting it to Scan was "very unreliable"! Many times it required that I do a "HOT" restart" & that did not always guarantee that it would Scan every time. Eventually it just completely stopped responding & NOW even though "ALL" of the Exploit Protection Settings are set to "OFF BY DEFAULT",(see snapshots); Once again it refuses to "INSTALL, either by Mouse/or Keyboard. 

Exploit Protection.JPG

Exploit Protection-2.JPG

Protection History.JPG

Hi there,

Please download and install the latest Smart Defrag from the link below to see if still any issue:

https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/smart-defrag-setup.exe

If the issue persists, please let me know and help us to look into the issue.

To look into the issue, please download the tool from: https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/tools/SDInfoHelper.exe.

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Have a nice day!