IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How do I re-download and STAY on Defrag8 PRO? I do NOT want Defrag9 FREE

desun

I have paid for a lifetime license for Defrag8 PRO. I had auto-update turned OFF, and you still automatically downgraded me to Degrag9 FREE.  I do NOT want this.

How do I re-download Defrag8 AND STAY on Defrag8?

1) The download site (majorgeeks) only has a link to Defrag9

2) If I use the download link in my purchase email, it downloads Defrag9

3) If I use the install file for Defrag8, it automatically installs Defrag9

I paid for a Defrag8 PRO Lifetime license, so I would like Defrag8 PRO, NOT Defrag9 FREE. 

I've emailed support several times over the last 2 weeks and NO response. Hope I can get a resolution here.

Thanks,

7 hours ago, Scannan said:

Where did you get a Lifetime licence. I have never seen one.

Also, your licence should work for any/every version. So just use your licence to make Defrag9 pro.

I have tried the codes for Defrag8 and to no surprise, they don't work on Defrag9

The lifetime licenses are specific to the version. The way I know this is because IOBit originally sent me codes for Defrag7 PRO and they didn't work on Defrag8 PRO, so they had to send me a new set of codes that worked on Defrag8 PRO. Which worked fine, until this forced downgrade to Defrag9 FREE.

10 hours ago, Scannan said:

When you say.."I have done all of these"...

Have you done the last one...send a Private Message (PM) to Cicely. ??

She usually solves these issues.

Fair enough, I had emailed iobit support but I haven't PM'd Cicely. 

I'm doing that right now, we'll see how it goes. 

Thanks,

I am sorry to hear that.

In the past, Cicely would always answer Users within a very short time, but unfortunately at present there is

no way of telling when or if she will answer.

I will also send her a PM pointing her to your issue. Please let me know if she responds to you.

3 hours ago, Scannan said:

I am sorry to hear that.

In the past, Cicely would always answer Users within a very short time, but unfortunately at present there is

no way of telling when or if she will answer.

I will also send her a PM pointing her to your issue. Please let me know if she responds to you.

Thank you 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Cicely, that worked.  

The only problem is that I keep getting the "upgrade now" nag screen. Sometimes multiple times a day. It's a problem because if a click on the wrong place, it will install V9, and I will have to go through the whole uninstall process again. 

I cannot find an option to disable this nag screen. The only other option is to silently update, which is even worse. How can we disable this?

Thanks,