IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SUPERAntiSpyware

Ted

Any S.A.S users having problems with its slow loading? Mine takes about two or three minutes to load and three minutes to Update. I've unticked both the "Check for Updates" boxes. After Googling it seems I'm not alone with this problem, but I've found no fix, as yet.

Yeah Ted

As my father used to say-"slower than tar running up hill in January".The updates for free and Pro have become progressively slower for the past year and a half.When I run the Pro version at start up with protection enabled,I uncheck the "first chance prevention" option,and let Anvir Task Manager delay its start by one minute so I can get a browser open.Once at that point,it doesn't seem to interfere with operations during its start up.

On my Vista computer SAS v4.27.1002 takes 25 seconds before its update request comes from the firewall and another 10 seconds for the update to complete so it is ready to scan in 35 seconds although according to Process Explorer SAS Free Version uses 112.5 MB of Ram even before it starts scanning which is very nearly double the amount of RAM that my entire Comodo Firewall Pro, AV and Defence+ HIPS security suite runs for which is why I use SAS as an on demand scanner only.

~Maxx~

I did a new installation of SAS v4.27.1002 and while it is slower at loading than MBAM it is still acceptable. I'm wondering if it will loose any speed if I install the next version of SAS on top of it or whether I should uninstall it and do another clean install?

~Maxx~

Already Have...Kinda

I've put it on the sideline for now because of the slow down at log-on.It also seems to have made accessibility to my other security programs slow down considerably.I'm really beginning to question if it was even worth the $9.95 that I paid for a full year including data base and version updates.I can't even remember who was in the White House the last time it actually found an infection.Seems like it's "living on an old name". Right now,I have to suspend my other security to open it for an update unless I want to wait some three and a half minutes.I'll check those numbers Max next time I open it-get back to you.

Yes-Strange

I'm still looking for the answer as to why the large disparity in memory usage by the process a2service.exe between two PC's running the same OS.Emsisoft says that process should use @85mb due to the fact that the virus/malware database is kept in memory for a faster program.Makes perfect sense.But why @65mb on this box and @110mb on my other one?

Could there possibly be a difference in performance between the Free and Paid versions of SAS because I have not been experiencing the slow responsiveness discussed here using Free SAS v4.27.1002 which has no real time heuristic protection.

~Maxx~

ted

i tried spyware terminator for about 6 months before ditching it, the scanning is not as deep as SAS, MBAM or A2Squared. As for the live monitoring I would often find my security software not working cause most times down to ST blocking autoupdates, it has the same problem as teatimer in SD its just too invasive

Thanks, sunny and oryxer,

Looks as though I'll be giving SpyBot another try. My only complaint with it before was that it would generate a Host file every time you immunised and before long you'd have a folder full of Host backups. Perhaps that has been resolved now.

It is still the same Ted, once in a while you can delete the backups to make that folder tidy.

I like the Tea Timer though, it saved me couple of times of loosing all the startup item.

Only for now, I don't use Tea Timer on behalf of IS 360!!!

Cheers.

Archived