IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Where to find pc's BANDWIDTH (???)

firefly

Hi garybear,

Sorry, but you have to change in Firefox TCP Optimizer=>TCP Optimize=>General Settings tab:

"TCP Receive Window" value (RWIN) from 1022208 to 1013760

and

"Time to live" (TTL) value from 64 to 139

Keep the others same and then Apply.

After those changes, restart the PC and post here the images from Speedguide.net again as you did previously.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype. Friend I'm so sorry for replying so late. I know you are very busy and don't have time to keep checking to see if I have replied. I promise not to let that happen again. I think I've to many irons in the fire. Thank you so much and live well my friend.{garybear}

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks gary, we are nearly over.

One last thing, and it is done.

Change the "Time to live" (TTL) value from 139 to 144 in Firefox TCP Optimizer, and Apply, Restart your PC, go to sppedguide.net and see if you get 128 hops, instead of 123 hops there.

That's it.

Live well my friend and cheers. :-)

Thanks gary, we are nearly over.

One last thing, and it is done.

Change the "Time to live" (TTL) value from 139 to 144 in Firefox TCP Optimizer, and Apply, Restart your PC, go to sppedguide.net and see if you get 128 hops, instead of 123 hops there.

That's it.

Live well my friend and cheers. :-)

Hi enoskype. I did the 144 but don't think I got 128.

Hi, enoskype,

Please write Internet Gateway to your Help and Support Search box and click Start searching arrow,
I've done all they suggested without any joy. I don't use Windows Firewall, but followed their UPnP instructions, anyway. Could PCTools Firewall be blocking it?

I've sent an E-mail to my E.S.P. asking for my Allowable Download speed and for instructions as to how to display the InterNet Gateway icon. I'll see what they offer.

Hi Ted I wondered why you didn't have your simple tcp/ip activated?

If you can open the Internet connection window - just click properties and in the window that comes up then, you can place a tick in the box that says show icon.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, enoskype,

I've done all they suggested without any joy. I don't use Windows Firewall, but followed their UPnP instructions, anyway. Could PCTools Firewall be blocking it?

I've sent an E-mail to my E.S.P. asking for my Allowable Download speed and for instructions as to how to display the InterNet Gateway icon. I'll see what they offer.

Hi enoskype

I have been trying many times to make that method work to no avail!!

But now a few minutes ago I hit upon it.

I wrote http://192.168.1.1/ in the address line and then when the box came up I wrote admin for the username and left the password blank.

Then I got all the information I needed.

There it said 5512kbps/1021kbps that's 5.38mbps/0.997mbps

ergo a better result than the speedtests :-)

Thank you for that address and the admin :-) :-) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

The speed tests never (almost) give the correct value, and you will get different values in different times.

Can you communicate with your ADSL (Router), you can see there the real allowable max. download and upload speeds.

The default to enter @ 192.168.1.1 usually is:

User Name: admin

Password: admin

Cheers.

Hi, solbjerg and enoskype,

If you can open the Internet connection window - just click properties and in the window that comes up then, you can place a tick in the box that says show icon.

Is this IntCon shot the one you mean, if so it's already ticked. Should I have clicked the "Install" button?

The second shot is the result of my ISP's instructions, and UPnP is ticked, but still no icon. He said my maximum download speed would be 32kb/s under ideal conditions.

Hi Ted

please take a screenshot of your Network connections

path: start/contol panel/ network connections and attach it here!

What he was saying about ideal conditions is just that he "translated" 256Kbits per second into 32Kbytes per second.

Usually I would not expect you to reach more than 200Kbits per second which is 25Kbytes per second and with much traffic on the net much less.

By all means click the button and install it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg and enoskype,

Is this IntCon shot the one you mean, if so it's already ticked. Should I have clicked the "Install" button?

The second shot is the result of my ISP's instructions, and UPnP is ticked, but still no icon. He said my maximum download speed would be 32kb/s under ideal conditions.

Hi garybear, yours say 100 Mbps, but it is the connection speed capability between your PC and your Modem/Router. NOT the bandwidth or broadband speed in Internet!!!

I am afraid yours is much much less than that. Sorry, but I have missed your first attachement in post #11, it is seen there that download speed is 0.54 Mbps and Upload speed is 0.27 Mbps, it could be 768Kbps/256Kpbs download /upload respectively in reality. (ONE, not HUNDERED).(at most, 1.0Mbps/512Kbps)

We have to make all the adjustments again after learning your true maximum allowable download speed.

You can learn it from your Internet Service Provider (ISP)

or,

Gary write down to your IE address bar: http://192.168.1.1 and Enter.

Write admin to User Name, and

write admin to password (try also with empty if it des not work).

Look for the download and upload speeds there. It may be under Statistics or something else, but you will find it there.

(possibly Status)

Have a look at solbjerg's post #31.

Cheers.

Hi, solbjerg,

By all means click the button and install it.
It wants drivers etc. My ISP says I don't need the Internet Gateway icon.

An entry in my ADSL Status page says: ADSL Speed ( DS/US ) 7616/704 Kbps. Are those the figures I want?

I'm causing you to much troble

Hi garybear, yours say 100 Mbps, but it is the connection speed between your PC and your Modem/Router. NOT the bandwidth or broadband speed in Internet!!!

I am afraid yours is much much less than that. Sorry, but I have missed your first attachement in post #11, it is seen there that download speed is 0.54 Mbps and Upload speed is 0.27 Mbps, it could be 768Kbps/256Kpbs download /upload respectively in reality. (ONE, not HUNDERED).(at most, 1.0Mbps/512Kbps)

We have to make all the adjustments again after learning your true maximum allowable download speed.

You can learn it from your Internet Service Provider (ISP)

or,

Gary write down to your IE address bar: http://192.168.1.1 and Enter

Write admin to User Name, and

write admin to password (try also with empty if it des not work).

Look for the download and upload speeds there. It may be under Statistics or something else, but you will find it there.

Have a look at solbjerg's post #31.

Cheers.

Hi my friends I'm causing you way to much trouble and for some reason all this just isn't registering in my pee brain. I do not have a clue what this means." Gary write down to your IE address bar:" I do not know where to find it or what it is. I goggled ,but did not find any thing that I understood. I think you should just consider me a lost cause and move on to other things. I want to thank you for trying to help me learn some thing new, but I think I'm a lost case on this subject for some reason. I don't mind spending my time, but I think it's unfair to spend your time. You are greatly appreciated and admired. Live well friends. {garybear

Hi, solbjerg,

It wants drivers etc. My ISP says I don't need the Internet Gateway icon.

An entry in my ADSL Status page says: ADSL Speed ( DS/US ) 7616/704 Kbps. Are those the figures I want?

Hi Ted,

It may be your ADSL's capability, because in your earlier post, the speeds you get, even less than 50 miles distant server, are too low. (0.27 Mbps DL, and 0.11 Mbps UL.)

Best to learn from your ISP, and also connection type (PPPoE, etc.)

FYI, Gary's connection type is PPPoE as seen from the attachment.

Hi Friend.I have been doing that all day and all I get is this.So what am I doing wrong??

Hi Gary,

Now we have also learned that your connection type is PPPoE.

Your MTU value MUST BE adjusted to 1492 my friend. But we know from earlier posts that it is 1480.

We will continue tomorrow.

Cheers.

Hi garybear,

Now use the Firefox TCP Optimizer and adjust your speed as 512 kbps.

Choose your connection adapter to internet in the dropdown box, and check adjust all adapters and PPPoE checkboxes.

choose 80 for Time to live (TTL).

Apply and after Restart of Windows, lets see your results in Speedguide.net as you did before.

Please give the screenshots of both of the tabs of Firefox TCP Optimizer also.

Waiting for your results.

Cheers.

Thanks garybear,

Now change MTU to 1480, and Time to live to 80, change Bandwidth speed to 512 again. Check mark Windows Scaling.

TCP receive window to 63360

Is that your network adapter that you use for your connection? Please verify that.

And don't forget to Apply the adjustments and then Restart PC, then go to speedguide net. for the screenshot.

OK, waiting.:-D

Cheers.

Take it easy garybear, now we have a time lag, we have to syncronize for posts and replies.

Archived