IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Quotes & Sayings. Post some.

vman

Every culture has their quotes, sayings, each carrying their own meaning. So, post some you know, with a brief description.

"Until you've felt the burden of another on your own skin, you will never know".

Explanation:

Pretty much self explanatory.

ok try this a old saying--

he sees the splinter in he's eye ,yet not the lump of wood in he's own eye-

handed down from my grand parents.

(meaning the tiny fault in he's body (person's, or Pearson)bagging him,or them.

yes not the deformity in he's own on body) finds himself perfect-

itsmejjj

A very, very old saying indeed and after entering some key words in the search engine it seems as though it may possibly have been derived from the original passage Luke 6:42 which was translated from the early 1st century Greek and published in the New Testament King James version in 1611 A.D....

"Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye."

This isn't a quote, but, its something that us admins, and everyone else, should pay close attention to, and apply, especially now.

My history teacher in my homeland gathered the threads of the broom, I'm not sure what its called in particular, but, he strung them together, and called one of us up.

He asked up to break it, and, the gigantic thread was to powerful for us to break. Then he told the class, its impossible, is it not?

He then took out one of the strings, and asked us to break it. What is but one thread? It snapped easy...the class got quiet.

He told us that is your history lesson for today, and the class was completely silent.

Best lesson i've ever had.

vman- When i was going to school in Taiwan we learned the same classical Chinese lesson the only difference was that they used kwai dze (chopsticks) instead of the threads of a broom. I have a feeling that these stories reach far back into history and are steeped oral tradition.

~Maxx~

Hi vman

I have tempered myself on that point in recent years, but I still do it once in a long while, so it is difficult to abandon totally :-)

perhaps "you can pull a horse to water, but you cannot force him to drink" is a fitting remark here, :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Haha.

Indeed. I dont know why, but I have to toy with my P.C until it cracks...

I fix it, and do so again. I feel like if im not working on it, its unprotected.

Paranoia to the extreme.

Hi Krissy

I thought all Chinese could quote 孔夫子 (Confucius) :-)

for example in our current situation:

"do not do unto others what you would not have them do unto you"

Regards

solbjerg

'I am so beautiful'----Krissy

Haha...Just joke:lol:, this is your place of saying, when I came here, I cann't remember any sayings. If my saying is sayings, that's it!:roll:

Hi Krissy

I thought all Chinese could quote 孔夫子 (Confucius) :-)

for example in our current situation:

"do not do unto others what you would not have them do unto you"

Regards

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

You are right. The classical Chinese is difficult to understand, but when you translate it into English or modern Chinese, it will become easier.

We learned Confucius at primary school.

Confucius said: "Among any three people walking, I will find something to learn for sure. Their good qualities are to be followed, and their shortcomings are to be avoided."

Hi Krissy

That is true too - if one keeps an open mind.

Regards

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

You are right. The classical Chinese is difficult to understand, but when you translate it into English or modern Chinese, it will become easier.

We learned Confucius at primary school.

Confucius said: "Among any three people walking, I will find something to learn for sure. Their good qualities are to be followed, and their shortcomings are to be avoided."

"They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an

enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now!"

- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

When the Marines were cut off behind enemy lines and the Army had written

the 1st Marine Division off as being lost because they were surrounded by 22

enemy divisions. The Marines made it out inflicting the highest casualty

ratio on an enemy in history and destroying 7 entire enemy divisions in the

process. An enemy division is 16500+ men while a Marine division is 12500 men.

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning!" (Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!"

FERDINAND FOCH

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the AMERICAN MARINES."

CAPTURED NORTH KOREAN MAJOR

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."

1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC

in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."

Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;

shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered

to not wear their khaki leggings.

These are only a few of the great dozens of quotes relating to the United States Marine Corp. I myself am planning to serve as soon as i turn 17.

Give the "civil" a knife, and they label it a weapon. Give an artist a knife, and he shall carve you a master piece. Give a mad man a knife, and he shall carve you a master piece on his hand, and paint the floor crimson, better than any artist. Give the mad man a so called weapon, and he will surely show you how insane you are, and how normal it is.

Archived