IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SUPERAntiSpyware 4.30.1004

sunny staines

well I was hit with win32vitro, win32:cutwail and familly and IS 360 pro and superantispyware didnt noticed anything but malwarebytes antimalware found some trojans and removes them. This didnt helped me to recover my internet connection fully as such google chrome refused to open webpages whereas IE8 and mozilla refused to go to microsoft web page. Also some softwares already installed gaved error 0xc00007b as message so didnt launched when clicking on it.

To complete avast pro on scan after reboot found and erradicated 27 malwares but was not enough. Movie maker was also hit and so on...

I really dont know how I was hit with those malwares.

Final decision I reinstalled vista.

Hi

well I was hit with win32vitro, win32:cutwail and familly and IS 360 pro and superantispyware didnt noticed anything but malwarebytes antimalware found some trojans and removes them. This didnt helped me to recover my internet connection fully as such google chrome refused to open webpages whereas IE8 and mozilla refused to go to microsoft web page. Also some softwares already installed gaved error 0xc00007b as message so didnt launched when clicking on it.

To complete avast pro on scan after reboot found and erradicated 27 malwares but was not enough. Movie maker was also hit and so on...

Hi. I think I would change my browsing habits if that happened to me. If you don't want to do that, I would suggest a good back up program like Macrium Reflect. Its not fun starting all over.Don't know about vista but XSP3 is not some thing I want to reinstall every day.===gary

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/macrium.jpg

Garybear's suggestion of using Macrium Reflect is an excellent one! I had to manually reinstall Vista twice before taking garybear's advise and started using the Macrium Reflect Image Backup software instead which now takes 10 minutes instead of up to 100 hours doing it manually making Macrium Reflect a very easy to use iteration of the ultimate cure.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/sandboxie-logo.png

Sandboxie software sets your browser up to run in a virtual sandbox which is on a remote part of the computer's hard disc and no Malware or any other data can pass from the browser to the computer without the operator's express permission leaving the computer virtually free of infection making Sandboxie virtualization a very simple and highly effective form of the ultimate prevention which only requires 5 MB of RAM to run.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/8a24ff0e.gif

~Maxx~

Commodo False Positive

In case someone else gets this.

I was installing the new version of SuperAntiSpyware and Commodo popped up a warning calling it Heur.Suspicous@80450367

I had to put it in Trusted.

Just to be double sure I sent the file to Virus Total and it got the all clear, even from Commodo :roll:

I (and probably thousands of others) have submitted it to Commodo and it will hopefully be corrected soon :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Thank you sunny!

I have struggled with software issues for two days now. Having to employ revo/ to get rid of AVG etc. Iobit conduit toolbar wouldn't uninstall easily either.

I now am running Avira(even though they have issues as well), all traces of conduit gone, thanks in part for your post.

It was super that god rid of the last of conduit toolbar.

I appreciate your presence on this forum!!!

In case someone else gets this.

I was installing the new version of SuperAntiSpyware and Commodo popped up a warning calling it Heur.Suspicous@80450367

I had to put it in Trusted.

wozofoz- Upon seeing your post I opened up SAS and was offered the program update that I assume you are referring to, but I didn't get any kind of Malware detection prompt out of Comodo Defense+ HIPS.

~Maxx~

Comodo was quick with the fix

One of the SuperAntiSpyware team was quick to post on the Comodo forum and the False Positive got dealt with quite quickly, possibly while you were sleeping :smile:

http://forums.comodo.com/false_positivenegative_reporting_is_this_a_malware_that_cis_hasnot_detected/comodo_falsly_detecting_superantispywareexe-t47479.0.html;msg341722

All the best, woz of oz

Hi emttaff

Have you seen the posts about Macrium Reflect that mostly garybear and Maxxwire has generated.

There are other methods but I think the Reflect option would be the easiest.

Cheers

solbjerg

Bare with me Im new to this. as you all know alot of new pc's now come with pre installed software. so im presuming to reinstall vista you would have to buy the product?

Archived