IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

update for garybears macrium

sunny staines

update for garybears macrium  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi special friend. This is not for Macrium.

you are dead right about that ....never mind sunny thank for the try!!

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2743&stc=1&d=1259014127

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2744&stc=1&d=1259014141

well got a other copy that will not ,work ,never mind,till the next one

itsmejjj

garybear- I have always found that although Major Geeks is a good site to download from that it is filled with many other links other than the download that you're looking for as I think is the case here because I got the same screen as you did when I clicked on the download link, but then the Opera download screen popped up with the basic Macrium Reflect Free program on it which looks like the one we already have in that there was no version information given.

~Maxx~

well got a other copy that will not ,work ,never mind,till the next one

itsmejjj

jjj- You're right Bart PE will not work on Vista or Win 7. Did you go inside the Reflect Rescue CD GUI to see if they have a Win 7 PE pay per download from Micro$oft available?

Version: v4.2.2082

Date: 3rd October 2009

File Size: 28.1 MB

File Name: reflect_setup_free_x86_x64.exe

Windows Versions: XP, Vista, Windows 7. 32 and native 64 Bit.

~Maxx~

Hi special friend. This is not for Macrium.

Hi Gary ,

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Macrium_Re...ion_d6034.html that sunny staines gives is for Macrium Reflect FREE Edition 4.2.2082 .

You have to get used to the MajorGeeks pages. After clicking on one of the alternatite servers ( http://www.majorgeeks.com/images/icons/arrowd.gif MajorGeeks - |USA 2|), a page opens and you have to wait for a line to be opened at the top ( To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer. Click here for options.) to choose the Download File option from drop down menu. When you click on "Download File" option, wait for automatic downloading, or click the " http://www.majorgeeks.com/images//click_here.gif " sign.

FYI.

I always prefer MajorGeeks to Download.com, as the second one always puts com.com tracking cookie. In fact, HostsMan blocks Download.com.

Cheers.

hi

Hi Thought I would add some screen prints on how to attach a screen print on your post . they say a picture is worth a 1000 words. Ist put your message here. Scroll down to Manage Attachments and click it. Then click on Browse . Find your screen print. High lite your chose open it. Then click up load. Scroll down to submit reply and click it. You now have your screen print in your post. Hope this helps some one.

Congratulations on your first year of kindly helping others here at IObit garybear! I offer you my deepest personal thanks for introducing me to and showing me how to successfully make and restore a Backup Image with what is now become known as garybear's Macruim Reflect!

sunny staines- It seems as though you posted notice of this program update even before Major Geeks updated their page because the download link originally listed Macrium Reflect v4.2.2082 which has now been updated to v4.2.2097...

Version: v4.2.2097

Date: 23rd November 2009

File Size: 28.1 MB

File Name: reflect_setup_free_x86_x64.exe

MD5 Hash: 689c412ee787893471c4d8f6d2a58691

Even my installed copy of Macrium Reflect is still unaware of this most recent upgrade...so Thanks!

~Maxx~

I also found a download for Macrium Reflect v4.2.2097.1 on Version Tracker that is side by side with the Free version, but is not labeled as Free and is 30.9 MB in size instead of the Free version which also has the v4.2.2097.1 designation but is only a 28.2 MB download and I am wondering what the additional 2.7 MB difference between the two might be for? I've looked all over for the current version changelog but I can not locate it all that I can find is "Version 4.2 build 2097 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes" like it states on Cnet. I am wondering if this additional 2.7 MB in the 'non-Free' download might be patch information for an existing Macrium Reflect 4.2.2082 installation. I am unsure because the last upgrade to 4.2.2082 was done automatically when I opened up the program.

~Maxx~

Curiosity got the best of me so I installed the 30.9 MB Macrium Reflect v4.2.2097.1 from Version Tracker and this was the result...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/Reflect4220972009-11-24_.jpg

Thanks to first being tipped off to the update by our own sunny staines when my Macrium Reflect program was still unaware of it!

The 28.1 MB download from Major Geeks will probably accomplish the same patch from v4.2.2082 to v4.2.32097.1 as it has the identical version number I just decided to use the larger of the downloads that I found.

~Maxx~

Hi jjj

this work on windows 7 ? before i down load a other one ,

i need to know will it back up win7 -i got a heap downloads for XP --

and do not need a other copy

is it working on win7 --free ,i will not spend a penny on it if it will not do it on the free version..

itsmejjj

Hi my good friend jjj. Every thing that I read tells me that you will need the rescue disk Windows PE 2.0 to use Macrium with Windows 7. To get this CD you have to purchase the full version which is 40$. I would purchase the full addition if had to but the liniux rescue Cd works just fine on Windows XP3. Maxx thinks its worth 40$ but you will have to make that decision for your self.----gary

The official download.

Yes, Macrium Reflect Free works with Windows 7 (64 bit version).

Not sure about BartPe and all that, as I use the Linux based rescue CD, which one can create from within Macrium Reflect. It has always worked. Only draw back with it on my particular system: I have to use a PS/2 mouse while clicking through the rescue CD menu when restoring a backup. USB mouse will not work for me. Maybe somebody else knows how to get it to work.

To make it short: BartPE is not needed.

Hi

The official download.

Yes, Macrium Reflect Free works with Windows 7 (64 bit version).

Not sure about BartPe and all that, as I use the Linux based rescue CD, which one can create from within Macrium Reflect. It has always worked. Only draw back with it on my particular system: I have to use a PS/2 mouse while clicking through the rescue CD menu when restoring a backup. USB mouse will not work for me. Maybe somebody else knows how to get it to work.

To make it short: BartPE is not needed.

Hi dan.

Are you saying you can boot with Linux rescue CD and restore a back up image,and your running Windows 7?? That is cool if you can. I hope jjj reads your post. He has been telling me it won't work.

Not sure about BartPe

this is the problem---its beautiful on xp--run on win7 i use it to store a image --

and retrieve files not a worry..as i have ms back up i do not worry that much..

but sit back for a bit till thy fix it..but then thy may not ,on the free version..

and that's fair .thing..but a CD can not be made,that all the problem is..

yes when thy state is works on 7 it will .that is for shure...

itsmejjj

yes when thy state is works on 7 it will .that is for shure...

itsmejjj

jjj- As they state on the Macruim Reflect website...

Version: v4.2.2097

Date: 23rd November 2009

The only catch is that while the Bart PE and Linux software for burning an XP Rescue Disc are offered for free it is different with Vista and Win 7 and you must download the Micro$oft Windows PE 2 directly from their website for which Micro$soft charges $40 per download. This additional cost has nothing to do with Macrium Reflect it is Micro$oft who insists on charging an additional $40 for the 107 MB Win PE Install v2.0.185.1 that is required to burn a Rescue CD that operates in the Preinstall Environment. This is a 1 time fee for each original download of the Win PE and updates are free. When I did a subsequent Reflect Image Restore about a month later I was notified that there was a free Win PE update from Micro$oft available that I downloaded and used to burn my 2nd Rescue Disc which has new and enhanced features that the first Rescue Disc that I burned did not have.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/WinPEInstall.jpg

~Maxx~

Are you saying you can boot with Linux rescue CD and restore a back up image,and your running Windows 7??

The only catch is that while the Bart PE and Linux software for burning an XP Rescue Disc are offered for free it is different with Vista and Win 7

I have to try that later tonight, as I have not had to restore my machine. I will let you know how it goes....

It worked fine with Vista 32bit.

Long before I had such great and continued success with garybear's Macrium Reflect I Installed Acronis True Image and made several backups on various external drives along with making a 100 GB Acronis Recovery Partition on my C drive, but I never could muster the courage to do a backup because I was scared off by all of the horror stories I read of users trying to restore Vista with the Linux PE that Acronis uses in that it worked for some, but it went horribly wrong for others and with Image Restoration considering the 'odds' of whether it will work or not is not a choice I want to have to make.

As I researched Acronis there were so many accounts of BSOD's and unbootable computers with comments from the faithful like "All you have to do is re-write your BIOS and your computer will be fine" that I uninstalled Acronis and reclaimed the 100 GB partition along with the 250 MB of RAM that it constantly required to run the program.

After that horrible experience it was encouraging to find out that Macrium Reflect uses the authentic Microsoft Win PE 2 for restoring a Backup Image of the Vista Operating System that my computer uses.

~Maxx~

I have to try that later tonight, as I have not had to restore my machine. I will let you know how it goes....

It worked fine with Vista 32bit.

Restoration of an image (system partition) on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit was successful in 14 minutes using the Linux rescue CD.

Hi friend!!

Long before I had such great and continued success with garybear's Macrium Reflect I Installed Acronis True Image and made several backups on various external drives along with making a 100 GB Acronis Recovery Partition on my C drive, but I never could muster the courage to do a backup because I was scared off by all of the horror stories I read of users trying to restore Vista with the Linux PE that Acronis uses in that it worked for some, but it went horribly wrong for others and with Image Restoration considering the 'odds' of whether it will work or not is not a choice I want to have to make.

As I researched Acronis there were so many accounts of BSOD's and unbootable computers with comments from the faithful like "All you have to do is re-write your BIOS and your computer will be fine" that I uninstalled Acronis and reclaimed the 100 GB partition along with the 250 MB of RAM that it constantly required to run the program.

After that horrible experience it was encouraging to find out that Macrium Reflect uses the authentic Microsoft Win PE 2 for restoring a Backup Image of the Vista Operating System that my computer uses.

~Maxx~

Hi friend. Did you ever try to boot with liniux and restore a image or did you just use WinPE 2 to restore your image . I'm asking because I'm getting ready to try Macrium on a friends computer that is running Vista. Has any one tried the liniux rescue CD that is running Vista on their PC?? Dan said it worked for him but now he's running Windows 7. Hi jjj do you have a PC running Vista???---garybear

Hi friend. Did you ever try to boot with liniux and restore a image or did you just use WinPE 2 to restore your image . I'm asking because I'm getting ready to try Macrium on a friends computer that is running Vista. Has any one tried the liniux rescue CD that is running Vista on their PC?? Dan said it worked for him but now he's running Windows 7. Hi jjj do you have a PC running Vista???---garybear

The Linux rescue CD boots with Vista and Windows 7 (at least for me it does!).

Archived