IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

NEW* Flash Player 10.0.42.34

usefullll

So much for so little

I looked at it but I didn't try it, too many MB for such a simple task.

If using FireFox, the FlasGot extension (not FlashGet downloader) is the way to go. It finds nearly all media on the page

Combine it with DownThemAll extension, a great and small download manager

With these 2 extensions installed, it's just 2 clicks for accelerated and managed downloads.

For Opera or IE, or any browser, then an easy way is to copy the address of the YouTube video from the addressbar.

Then go to savevid.com and paste the address in the URL box, then click Download.

A few seconds later you just click the FLV or MP4 download button that has appeared.

Both of the above are easy peasy and don't cost you over 10 MB :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz

References after my own heart!! :-) Thanks!!!

jjj

Would it pain you too much to reference a site like for example this:

@ flvsoft.com/download_flv/

Interested persons can easily insert http://www. in front of that!!

As a security minded fellow like you, you will probably understand that we have to check the links for validity to try to screen our users/members from following a bad link. This is time consuming, so please bear that in mind.

It is not an attempt to outlaw all links, just a call for prudence.

Cheers

solbjerg

If using FireFox, the FlasGot extension (not FlashGet downloader) is the way to go. It finds nearly all media on the page

With these 2 extensions installed, it's just 2 clicks for accelerated and managed downloads.

For Opera or IE, or any browser, then an easy way is to copy the address of the YouTube video from the addressbar.

Then go to savevid.com and paste the address in the URL box, then click Download.

A few seconds later you just click the FLV or MP4 download button that has appeared.

All the best, woz of oz

yes OK sure thing, non linking.from here at the forum easy done ..i just cut the @www.stuff out ..

just every one posts full links ,did not realize .its frowned upon..

sorry about that ..

i just wanted to get a idea of this app .so far i installed it but yet to try it..

thanks

All the best, woz of oz

thanks for that .i was wondering if it was any good..

Hi jjj

Just trying to cut the direct linking down a bit, especially if it isn't that important. :-)

You do see that we have to check if it is a bona fide link?

Cheers

solbjerg

bona fide = trustworthy

yes OK sure thing, non linking.from here at the forum easy done ..i just cut the @www.stuff out ..

just every one posts full links ,did not realize .its frowned upon..

sorry about that ..

i just wanted to get a idea of this app .so far i installed it but yet to try it..

thanks

thank for the input .i found a very small app that looks in the temp file,while the browser is running a video flv..and been trying ta work out how to keep it..

any how this small app is a thing i have been looking for ..called

" videoCacheView"

..and i found it was what i wanted..

not hard to configure,any how if any one is interested .you find this at Google..

or try this engen ---?/s8-us2.ixquick.com...... just use the http not www

itsmejjj

All the best, woz of oz

For video,try this DownloadHelper add-on via the Firefox page. Last time often uses for downloading,but currently using Free Youtube to MP3 converter (download+convert) nice freeware.

Doesn't say, so I guess it's a no on 64bit IE support.

Found this! Included 64Bit FAQ. http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/faq.html

Both are great

For video,try this DownloadHelper add-on via the Firefox page. Last time often uses for downloading,but currently using Free Youtube to MP3 converter (download+convert) nice freeware.

In the beginning I tried both DownloadHelper and FlashGot and FlashGot seemed to be too complicated so I used DownloadHelper for many months and it did a good job.

But, the pain of DownloadHelper was that it will not regognize DownThemAll as the default Downloader like FlasGot will.

I kept reading how good FlashGot was so I gave it another try and this time I spent more time looking at the options. To my surprise I found it was very easy to use, it just looks complicated because it can download so many things off a page.

When I go to a YouTube page I wait for the FlashGot icon on the FireFox progress (bottom) bar to appear (usually a few seconds) then click it, DownThemAll pops up and I click Start.

Actually I could set FlasGot to start downloading immediately and the I wouldn't even have to click start in DownThemAll but I like to have the final say and sometimes change the name.

Many of my friends use DownloadHelper and are very happy with it so I don't even mention FlashGot to them, they are both great freeware and I give my thanks to the authors :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

• 3 weeks later...

Cannot download Flash Player in IE8

On Wednesday everything was fine. On Thursday, using IE8 I went out on the web and on my homepage got a need to install Adobe Flash Player Installer. I thought, I have this but I tried to do it anyway and the download failed. I went online and did everything they suggested with no success. I couldn't understand how this problem happened overnight. I downloaded Firefox and it allowed me to download AFP10 and it is working fine. However, I still cannot get IE8 to recognize it or allow download. I have read a lot online and realize that this has been an ongoing problem between Adobe and MS but I just wonder why overnight. Could ASC scan have had a registry fix that caused this?:???:

Archived