IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

90% Immovable

Aero

As the title suggests, when i Deep Optimize, Fast Optimize or Defrag Only nearly all my files seem to be immovable (black):

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ntbwbn.png

I have Windows 7 and i run it as administrator. I run version 1.30

Is this normal behavior cause i didnt have this on Vista / earlier versions of Smart Defrag...

Hi Aero

My Smart Defrag look like attached screenshot.

Perhaps a clean install is in order - (also delete the program folder)

But it could also be your settings concerning "Skip files larger than-"

Or a fragmented registry database.

Or many large videoes or pictures.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have the exact same settings,

however, i do have the speed up icon thingie in my left bar

i will try a clean install (and delete program folder etc.)

I have no videos or (big) pictures yet, so i'll see if the clean install works :)

Thanks already

Ays, something not right!

The drive sizes indicated have a "," in them instead of a "."

Also curious as to what system configuration is, with a 600 gig hard drive for C:?

Aye... complete uninstall, reboot, then reinstall.

Wonder if just upgraded to Win 7, since initial install of 1.3 Smartdefrag

hi Mel

The comma indicates that he is not from the US :-) or has changed his regional settings.

If you notice it is shown in my screenshot too, just means that we are using the comma for indicating decimals and the point for ordering numbers into easier discerned reading by the thousands.

Doesn't matter I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

The drive sizes indicated have a "," in them instead of a "."

Also curious as to what system configuration is, with a 600 gig hard drive for C:?

Aye... complete uninstall, reboot, then reinstall.

Wonder if just upgraded to Win 7, since initial install of 1.3 Smartdefrag

Hi guys,

"," is OK as probably using metric European system.

Certainly there is an installation over an old Windows OS system, as there is Windows.old folder with Common Files and Microsoft Shared folders.

Aero,

Please download full trial version of Ultimate Defrag and see what files they are. It will be much easier for us if we know which files (black) they are.

Cheers.

Well Mel

The comma and the dot usage is a jungle.

But not the issue in this case I think :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for this information!!! I incorrectly thought measurement was metric automatically, because it reflects units of tens, thus decimal point the same... Metric or SAE.

I uninstalled smart defrag again, deleted all the files in the IObit folder in Program Files again, i also deleted the IObit folder in windows.old/Program Files.

I couldn't find any files in Common files and don't know about Shared Folders ?

I still have the Speed care-icon in the left bar :-?

I don't really understand what you mean with files, these are the files in Program Files > IObit :

- Language

Arabic.lng

- tb

6 folders, all empty

- EULA

-IObit SmarDefrag

-NtfsData.dll

-SDInit

-taskdll.dll

-uninst000.dat

-unins000

-unings000(outlook item)

-What's New

hi Aero

This is the content of my SmartDefrag folder:

Language folder

36 languages (450KB)

EULA.rtf

IObit SmartDefrag.exe

NtfsData.dll

SDInit.exe

taskdll.dll

unins000.dat

unins000.exe

unins000.msg (outlook item)

What's new.txt

As you can see there are some differences, most notably tb folder (I asked you before - what is it?)

If it is a Thunderbird folder - what is it doing in the Smartdefrag folder?

And how can it still be there after you have deleted both program and program folder?

Cheers

solbjerg

I uninstalled smart defrag again, deleted all the files in the IObit folder in Program Files again, i also deleted the IObit folder in windows.old/Program Files.

I don't really understand what you mean with files, these are the files in Program Files > IObit :

- Language

Arabic.lng

- tb

6 folders, all empty

- EULA

-IObit SmarDefrag

-NtfsData.dll

-SDInit

-taskdll.dll

-uninst000.dat

-unins000

-unings000(outlook item)

-What's New

I have it too

As you can see there are some differences, most notably tb folder (I asked you before - what is it?)

If it is a Thunderbird folder - what is it doing in the Smartdefrag folder?

And how can it still be there after you have deleted both program and program folder?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have that tb folder also and all the folders inside tb are empty (see screenshots) :?

I did try ThunderBird long ago, do you think that is it ?

Edit: It just struck me, wouldn't it have something to do with the IObit ToolBar ?

I didn't install it but maybe somehow that folder got created anyway ?

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz

I lean towards thunderbird, and as it is empty - and uninstalled - why not delete it?

If it was the toolbar - I should have it too - everyone should - if it gets installed even if you deselect the option.

Have you installed over the top since your bout with thunderbird?

By the way - I read somewhere that it was hard to get rid of!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I have that tb folder also and all the folders inside tb are empty (see screenshots) :?

I did try ThunderBird long ago, do you think that is it ?

Edit: It just struck me, wouldn't it have something to do with the IObit ToolBar ?

I didn't install it but maybe somehow that folder got created anyway ?

All the best, woz of oz

Clean Install

Hi woz

I lean towards thunderbird, and as it is empty - and uninstalled - why not delete it?

If it was the toolbar - I should have it too - everyone should - if it gets installed even if you deselect the option.

Have you installed over the top since your bout with thunderbird?

By the way - I read somewhere that it was hard to get rid of!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I tested ThunderBird about 10 months ago.

Yep, I did a Clean Install for the latest version of SmartDefrag.

Do you remember I commented that the latest version seemed to leave fragmented files after a defrag ?

I decided to do a Clean Install to see if that fixed it.

By the way, It doesn't do that now

Very strange and I will delete the tb folder and see if it returns.

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz

I don't have it in any IObit program folder.

But then I haven't had thunderbird on my computer since maybe 5 years ago (and I have done one formatting since then) - and I never have had it as my primary post program.

Cheers

solbjerg

I should have looked closer, ASC 3 has a tb folder also and all folders inside are empty. See screenshot

I did a Clean Install of ASC 3 also

Security 360 does not have that folder

All the best, woz of oz

Hi samr

Possible of course - it is just that woz said he hadn't had it installed, which seems to suggest that it should then install itself contrary to the choices made. If that is so it is a serious fault, but would also mean that everyone should have the tb folder - and I don't.

How to explain that??

I seem to remember that you mentioned at one point that you had had the toolbar installed, so in your case it is plausible that the tb folder is a leftover from uninstalling the toolbar.

Wonder how many has it?

A clean install once in a while is probably a good idea? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

I believe it does have to do with Iobit toolbar. Seems I remember something in it before I un-installed it & nothing after. Also, 360 does not have toolbar install option. Also, I have never had Thunderbird.

samr.

My experiment

The Speed care-icon on the left bar is there because you do not have Advanced System Care installed.

It is just a recommendation to have a look at the software (basically an advertisement)

No problem there unless you do have Advanced System Care already installed (and then not a major problem) :smile:

I had to know about this tb folder, so:

• I un-installed Smart Defrag using the Clean Install method. All folders were gone.

• I installed version 1.3 and when the ToolBar screen appeared I un-ticked I agree to install the IObit Toolbar

As an experiment, I did not un-tick the Google default Search or Google default Homepage but these were 'greyed out' when I un-ticked I agree to install the IObit Toolbar

• After installation the tb folder was there again

• I un-installed Smart Defrag again using the Clean Install method. All folders were gone.

• I installed version 1.3 and when the ToolBar screen appeared I un-ticked Google default Search then Google default Homepage then I agree to install the IObit Toolbar

I had thought that maybe not un-ticking all the boxes was a reason for the tb folder sometimes appearing but that is not the case.

Still a mystery but the tb folder is easily deleted.

But, IObit needs to look at this, nobody likes unnecessary stuff on their computer :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz

This seems to prove that it indeed is the toolbar folder.

It also looks like it is hard to get rid of completely if one has had it installed at one time.

Did you throw in a restart of the machine after uninstalling -cleaning - removing leftovers and running a registry cleanup?

Cheers

solbjerg

The Speed care-icon on the left bar is there because you do not have Advanced System Care installed.

It is just a recommendation to have a look at the software (basically an advertisement)

No problem there unless you do have Advanced System Care already installed (and then not a major problem) :smile:

I had to know about this tb folder, so:

• I un-installed Smart Defrag using the Clean Install method. All folders were gone.

• I installed version 1.3 and when the ToolBar screen appeared I un-ticked I agree to install the IObit Toolbar

As an experiment, I did not un-tick the Google default Search or Google default Homepage but these were 'greyed out' when I un-ticked I agree to install the IObit Toolbar

• I un-installed Smart Defrag again using the Clean Install method. All folders were gone.

• I installed version 1.3 and when the ToolBar screen appeared I un-ticked Google default Search then Google default Homepage then I agree to install the IObit Toolbar

I had thought that maybe not un-ticking all the boxes was a reason for the tb folder sometimes appearing but that is not the case.

Still a mystery but the tb folder is easily deleted.

But, IObit needs to look at this, nobody likes unnecessary stuff on their computer :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Restart, yes and no

Hi woz

This seems to prove that it indeed is the toolbar folder.

It also looks like it is hard to get rid of completely if one has had it installed at one time.

Did you throw in a restart of the machine after uninstalling -cleaning - removing leftovers and running a registry cleanup?

Cheers

solbjerg

I did a Restart (shutdown and came back later actually) after the first un-install but not the second, I was convinced that the ToolBar was the culprit by then :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

I have no idea where that folder comes from, as i have never installed Thunderbird, also i did remove that folder, so i guess maybe i'm downloading a wrong file ?

The tb folder has 6 empty folders:

- chrome

- components

- defaults

- lib

- META-INF

- searchplugin

When i install SmartDefrag it asks to install some toolbar, and i always uncheck this, i think the toolbar is installed into these folders when you check it ?

This is the file i download to install SmartDefrag:

http://download.cnet.com/Smart-Defrag/3000-2094_4-10759533.html?part=dl-6271865&subj=dl&tag=button

Which is a direct link of the IObit download page for SmartDefrag:

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html?Str=download

EDIT:

ok, i didn't see there was a page 2 (and 3), so the tb is indeed the toolbar folder,

this pc has only 1 account and is administrator

(before i upgraded to 7 there were 5 accounts with 2 administrators)

And no progress so far on SmartDefrag, you guys are talking about Security 360 etc. should i try downloading that instead? (and does that include SmartDefrag?)

Archived