IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Returnil Virtual System

titou56

About Returnil

I've been using it on and off for a few months on Win7 Pro 32bit.There is most certainly an option to turn it on/off.All of the options are clearly outlined in the well thought out GUI and I simply keep it set to Manual in System Services.Best of all,I was able to obtain this program gratis from one of the tech blog giveaways.A fine job indeed Mike-welcome to IObit Forums,and please keep us posted on the evolution of your products.

Hi friend!!

I've been using it on and off for a few months on Win7 Pro 32bit.There is most certainly an option to turn it on/off.All of the options are clearly outlined in the well thought out GUI and I simply keep it set to Manual in System Services.Best of all,I was able to obtain this program gratis from one of the tech blog giveaways.A fine job indeed Mike-welcome to IObit Forums,and please keep us posted on the evolution of your products.

Hi My friend detailer. You say you were able to obtain the program from blog giveaways, so I assume you have the paid version. I 'm used the free version, and I saw no way to turn it on/off. If you are correcting my post , please tell me how I can turn it on/off with the free version. Thank you my friend.===garybear

Hi mike!! Hi detailer!!!

Hi Mike. I'm know on this forum as TROUBLE. I tell it like I see it and wear my felling on my sleeve. My friend enoskype will confirm that statement. If I like you, you will know it, and if I don't like you ,you will know that also. I have tangled with IObit and their programs and tell them just what I think about them. Am I always right? No I'm not!! Does that stop me?? No it doesn't stop me!! I had a hell of a time just getting your program installed. I wish I could tell you what I did to finally get it installed, but I really don't know. I ran a dskchk, sfc /scannow , and some other things, and finally got it installed. I played with it and done some crazy things; like deleting files and things. I then restarted and every thing came back just like nothing ever happened. There isn't much that scares me, because I have 6 or7 back up images of my OS with a program called Macrium Reflect. Your free program had a feature that said it would turn off the program after a restart. That would not work my friend. I tried that several times. If that feature had worked , it would still be installed on my PC. If you want to give me a free version like detailer has, I will be happy to try it and tell you what I think. It might even be high praises like my friend detailer gave it. I would love to have a program that I could use when my little great grand son gets on my PC and messes things up. I just use Macrium to fix it now ,but your program seems to be a great alternate and a fix, much faster. I'm sure this post has xxxxxx some people off, and I'll have to ride off again, and stay away from the truck for awhile, but that's just the way old jjj and me are. We tell it like we see it and stay in trouble all the time. You never have to worry where you stand with jjj and me, because we'll tell you up front, right or wrong. Thanks Mike. Keep improving your program. You have a good start. I welcome all comments to this post. I tell it like I see it!! If I can turn the free version on/off. I'll be a big fan. I might even buy the paid version if it's all detailer says it is.====garybear

• 1 month later...

Removing RVS from computer

PLEASE tell me how to REMOVE RVS from my computer!!! It's like a bad nightmare that keeps returning no matter how many times I delete all the files (since u can't remove it thru add/remove programs). :-?

Hello So_sad,

Please do not confuse RVS with a virtual machine solution. The malware would not be able to "leak" except in the following context:

1. ISR (system level virtualization) can only do three things: drop all changes, save some changes, save all changes. This means that while the virtualization is active, the malware can still function as intended until it is lost at restart. What is different here is that rather than focus on detections (at best, you may see 30% to 50% detection/removal success rate for any scanning technology when compared to the potential population of all possible malware that exists at any given moment in time), RVS focuses on reducing the time to removal of that malicious content rather than risk the persistence of undetected content over long time periods (Rustok C, Induc A, and others come to mind as examples here).

2. There are a small subset of malware families that are targeted towards virtualization in general, and solutions like RVS System Safe specifically. We have added hardening that keeps the MBR from being changed as well as additional protections against low level disk access overall. This still leaves a very small population of malware that require blocking/detection to ensure they do not effect your real system. This is why we have added the Virus Guard and anti-execute features...

Where you mention that RVS does not allow the user to reboot and keep changes, I have to disagree as the paid versions allow:

1. save selected files and folders to the real System

2. Move files between virtual and real systems as required

3. Save all changes made during the current virtual session by configuration (be cautious here as this is an advanced setup and will be as though RVS were not installed...).

For more robust testing of programs and malware across restarts, we strongly recommend solutions such as VMWare, Microsoft VPC, and VirtualBox. We are working however on a new multi-state restore feature that will allow a virtual session to be maintained across restarts.

Mike

PLEASE tell me how to REMOVE RVS from my computer!!! It's like a bad nightmare that keeps returning no matter how many times I delete all the files (since u can't remove it thru add/remove programs)

try safe mode .to uninstall this,then use ccleaner ,reboot

hope this works!

if not re back up your image.to the drive,that i hope you have?

itsmejjj

disclamer

As a security product, RVS hooks into the system to provide the virtualization and malware protection capabilities. It is STRONGLY recommended to NOT remove the product manually. Also, it is STRONGLY recommended to NOT use any third-party "advanced" uninstallers, which may be very useful for traditional products, but which may cause stability problems with your computer for security products.

how ever

try uninstal make sure system safe is off.

U could try

Iobit advanced-uninstaller here

manually delete

C:\Returnil (you'll need to turn on the option to see hidden files in Explorer)

Delete the RVSYSTEM.img file.

CCleaner uninstall

u can try here but dont hold your breath Here

if nothing else works i too hope u have a back up image .... if not format reinstall.......

yes you are dead right..

the dreaded . format reinstall.......

this is the worst thing that can happen to any one because of a crappy software.that's installed.and not have a proper procedure to uninstall.it

i realy think .before its marketed.(any software)this is a must fool proof thing!

disclamer

that to me is pure BS..fix it!

i bleed for the poster..

itsmejjj

Hi jjj!@

yes you are dead right..

the dreaded . format reinstall.......

this is the worst thing that can happen to any one because of a crappy software.that's installed.and not have a proper procedure to uninstall.it

i realy think .before its marketed.(any software)this is a must fool proof thing!

disclamer

that to me is pure BS..fix it!

i bleed for the poster..

itsmejjj

Hi jjj. I posted all this a long time ago and tried my damn-est to get IObit to take it off, but they would not listen. It's not ready for our members and will cause them a lot of grief. There are times when I know what I'm talking about my friend.===garybear

yes i know you did .i was looking at it .but decided to give it a wide burst..

i just felt it was not for me..(crappy software)

this is my way of saying its not ready for the general public.!

i read thy are putting all there heart into it.and i hope them success!

but that's no help for this heading..

it hurts and so very sad..to see a post like this.

PLEASE tell me how to REMOVE RVS from my computer!!! It's like a bad nightmare that keeps returning no matter how many times I delete all the files (since u can't remove it thru add/remove programs).

]so my ask is this .(as i know nothing about it)

do thy have a uninstall at all? that comes with the app

i also read that its used by some members .perhaps thy can answer this..

i would like to know as well.

please.

jjj

Hi friend!!

Hi friends!! I will not enter into this again. I warned IObit that it could cause our members problems. I got a bad installation and my only way out was that I had my PC backed up with Macrium. I tried every thing that I could think of to uninstall the program. Nothing worked. I can feel for our member and only hope he has a back up image of his OS. Maybe now IObit will wake up and remove this from ASC3. Old bear is just an old trouble maker, but some times he knows what he's talking about. It's exactly like jjj says. A program that won't let you uninstall it, has no place in ASC3!!!! It has no place and will tempt members into trying it and will cause much grief to someone that has limited knowledge of computers. I'm sorry my young friend but your only hope is to have a backup image of your PC. I feel your pain and IObit owes you a apology my friend.===garybear :evil: PS Like I said before IObit if your going to keep that damn program in ASC3, at least warn our members that it could cause them to have to reformat their PC!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5946&highlight=Returnil+Virtual

Gary, I think it is sufficient that you said IObit has to take it out from their suggession and IObit did that, thank you very much . It is not in the setup file any more.

Cheers.

Hi my friend!! I don't understand what your telling me??? It's still in ASC3 tools. A member will still be tempted to down load it, and could end up having to reformat his OS. Thank you very much. I only tell it the way I see it and it stinks!!!

well i cant find it !

on my one..3.5.0

yep i see the post of your caps .the back to frond R...is that it?

so it may be the version?

also i just downloaded the one of the net 5 hours back

3.5.1.7something.

installed it on one of my systems could not find it...

so i do not know what to say. and it is not on it ether..

itsmejjj

Hi Gary, it was in the setup file before, so if you have installed on top of the former version, it is still in the ASC folder.

Rename Sup_RN.exe or, delete it and when you install the new version 3.5.1, you will see that it will not be there. :lol:

Most probably itsmejjj's installation was a clean one.

I hope the thumb down is for the software!!!

Cheers.

Hi Gary, it was in the setup file before, so if you have installed on top of the former version, it is still in the ASC folder.

Rename Sup_RN.exe or, delete it and when you install the new version 3.5.1, you will see that it will not be there. :lol:

Most probably itsmejjj's installation was a clean one.

I hope the thumb down is for the software!!! I will say no more about this. You know how i feel about you my friend

Cheers.

Hi friend you know very well that thumbs down was for the installation!!!! PS I will say no more about this. You know how I feel about Returnil Virtual . I feel sorry for our young member. The program should have been gone a long time ago.

ok here is what i do ,if installing a new or update soft ware app.get rid of the old one completely.leave nothing on the drive,then install the newer.one.

never over a older one..

any how its sorted out bar the problem it may still give,

this is not a good thing to be involved in,and happy to see iobit rid it fast.

thy do not need this ..

and it stained our program.asc..look i know nothing about the software bar i remember i did try it .forgot i did.its made me re image my drive,,

not a problem for me,but a newbie its murder.and rape of a system..

hard words?

.no i get sick in the somatic.sad,and upset.when i see this type of post .and feel ashamed that this happens,

every time i see this type of desperate cry!

ok i say no more on this.

and my deepest apology to the young poster from myself this has happened to you..and i think many feel the same here!

itsmejjj

• 3 weeks later...

How to remove Returnil Virtual System

Hi All,

If you have Returnil Virtual System installed and want to uninstall it, try below solutions.

Open the Returnil Virtual System->Click the Home->Click on the link "Enable when I start Windows" to make it turns into "Disable when I start Windows"->Click into the System Safe module-> Uncheck "Enable System Safe when I start Windows"->Close the Returnil Virtual System and then Reboot your computer.

Now please use the Advanced Uninstaller in ASC Utilities to uninstall it. Please choose the Advanced Mode to uninstall the Returnil Virtual System.

Hi friend!!

Hi All,

If you have Returnil Virtual System installed and want to uninstall it, try below solutions.

Open the Returnil Virtual System->Click the Home->Click on the link "Enable when I start Windows" to make it turns into "Disable when I start Windows"->Click into the System Safe module-> Uncheck "Enable System Safe when I start Windows"->Close the Returnil Virtual System and then Reboot your computer.

Now please use the Advanced Uninstaller in ASC Utilities to uninstall it. Please choose the Advanced Mode to uninstall the Returnil Virtual System.

Hi again friend!!! The program stinks and doesn't belong with ASC3!!!

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=44201&postcount=59:twisted:

Hi All,

thank you for the advice..but if one has not got it installed perhaps its better

to read up on the application first..

its not for the normal user,perhaps use full to some.but it can be very disappointing to a new pc ,user..and wonder why and what the heck its good for..

my advice,take very special care..back up the system first..

before one considers to even try it..save all this clicking to get rid of it .

jjj

I am wondering why this discussion about Returnil's problems is carried on here in IObit's forums.

It's much more useful to have this discussion in Returnil's own forums because their experts could help solving problems plus your problems could result in a new problemfree version of the software.

Now, someone/an unsuspecting visitor could get the impression that Returnil is (part of) IObit's software.

Hi friend!!

I am wondering why this discussion about Returnil's problems is carried on here in IObit's forums.

It's much more useful to have this discussion in Returnil's own forums because their experts could help solving problems plus your problems could result in a new problemfree version of the software.

Now, someone/an unsuspecting visitor could get the impression that Returnil is (part of) IObit's software.

Hi friend!! Returnil use to be in ASC 3 tools ,and that's how all this got started. This old bear had a real bad trip with the program and raised hell and it is no longer in ASC3 tools. IObit had the good since to remove it. I think Cicely was just trying to help our members remove it and I thank her for that. It is not a program for the casual user and you sir are also 100% right; the discussion has no place on this forum.==garybear

Returnil is (part of) IObit's software

yes you are right...but it was ,ok now removed .but that happens when something like this did!

so there are ones that are or having problems , you hope it will go away..and it will in time ,but NOW we have to cop it.for a bit.

and as a admin you should realize this..

i know you are new at your job. but do not judge to fast

.leave that to us ...we can post what we like and feel is right..we are not admins..and that rule we do not have to adhere to..(as a ADMIN,or MODERATOR)

so long as its reasonable posted .with no malice

Gary and i will help where we can warn any one and gratefully except any help from any member

even if you feel it should not be talked about. like it or not.!

why not discus it?

cicely---i again thank you for you advice on how to rid it.! and feel free to post any time!!!

itsmejjj

Archived