IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why I won't use IS 360 (quoting 3 month old review)

socrfan

Unreliable trolls

If you want reliable reviews of products including rigorous security program testing, PC Magazine is the place to go. Here are the results for IS 360.:roll:

Link removed

To understand why this link was removed, see This Post

The review is 3 months old, that makes it not reliable at present :roll:

REVIEW DATE:11.13.09

At first I thought you might work for PC Magazine since you give such enthusiastic support for it but then I don't think PC Magazine would stoop that low.

So it looks like you are just a troll.

I suggest you spend your time doing something constructive, like your homework, rather than trolling forums :evil:

All the best, woz of oz

When will all the accusations die down?

First off, let me say I love IOBit Security 360 and have been recommending it to people since i discovered it. The program is just that good. But as soon as I read the Malwarebytes/IOBit news-scandal, I stopped for the time being.

Personally, I don't know what happened, and I don't care. If Security 360 is identical to MalwareBytes then so be it; it's better and has more extra features in one program than MBAM, CCleaner, and HijackThis tacked together.

But enough with the praise. Most of the newbies in the computer world think Security 360 is the greatest program they've been blessed with, but when will the computer professionals see it as something totally different and better than MBAM? When will Security 360 differentiate itself and stand alone instead of being mired down in this conflict?

The review is 3 months old, that makes it not reliable at present :roll:

At first I thought you might work for PC Magazine since you give such enthusiastic support for it but then I don't think PC Magazine would stoop that low.

So it looks like you are just a troll.

I suggest you spend your time doing something constructive, like your homework, rather than trolling forums :evil:

All the best, woz of oz

Hey, if you want to trust a program that has gotten such a rave review (Everything fixed in three months? It shouldn't have been this bad in the first place) then be my guest. The makers of malware love people like you. I'll stick with something that is proven to work. It has nothing to do with enthusiastic support and everything to do with keeping your computer secure.

A program that tells you that your computer is garbage free doesn't necessarily mean it's working, it could be simply not doing it's job. Oh, and by the way, I did do my homework. It's called checking out a program before you trust it. That's why I don't use IS360!! You should have done yours.:-P

Keeping up to date is important

... The makers of malware love people like you. I'll stick with something that is proven to work. It has nothing to do with enthusiastic support and everything to do with keeping your computer secure.

A program that tells you that your computer is garbage free doesn't necessarily mean it's working, it could be simply not doing it's job....

No malware in 14 months here and in that time I have used most (yes even that one) anti-malware software. So I guess the makers of malware don't love me at all.

Your anti-malware setup keeps you safe, my anti-malware setup keeps me safe, that's all that matters :wink:

....... Oh, and by the way, I did do my homework. It's called checking out a program before you trust it. That's why I don't use IS360!! You should have done yours.:-P

Doing research before installing any software is a sound piece of advice but you checked it out by reading a 3 month old review. Your research is, to put it bluntly, outdated and meaningless.

Surely you saw that the review was 3 months old.

Surely you knew that the results were no longer relevant.

So why would you bother to post this ?

The only answer I can think of is that you wanted to start a flame war, that's why I called you a troll then and now.

Anyway, you have taken the opportunity to state your opinion and some people have read it. Now those people can decide for themselves whether your opinion is worthwhile or not.

All the best, woz of oz

This was not intended to start any flame wars and I'll end it here. But it was intended to get people to think before making snap decisions and placing trust into important software such as this with malware getting more and more advanced every day. Plus, malware not reported doesn't mean it's not there. Three months old or not, if a game was released with that many problems it would be getting shot down by the community so why should something like security software (which I consider to be way more important) be any different? That's not a confidence builder.

Have a good one.

Hi socrfan

Ha-ha - asking people in a help forum for users of the said software not to make snap decisions -presumably excluding your outdated "warning"!!

Is that really the place for posts like that? Bearing in mind that you presumably wants to reach a large audience - from quite altruistic motives of course??

I feel once again compelled to emphasize that IS360 is NOT an anti-virus program, but is intended to run alongside an anti-virus program to catch other forms of malware and nuisances.

The review you linked to gave the impression that the reviewer wasn't quite clear on that point either unfortunately - even though he mentioned that IS360 was by far the best program for catching scareware.

Cheers

solbjerg

This was not intended to start any flame wars and I'll end it here. But it was intended to get people to think before making snap decisions and placing trust into important software such as this with malware getting more and more advanced every day. Plus, malware not reported doesn't mean it's not there. Three months old or not, if a game was released with that many problems it would be getting shot down by the community so why should something like security software (which I consider to be way more important) be any different? That's not a confidence builder.

Have a good one.

• 3 weeks later...

Have a good one.

hi per haps you should of warned our members as to the link you posted...

be aware..!!!

and also flaming a application that was tested 3 mouths ago..well really

any how .

i just wanted to piont out YOUR LINK..!! next time make shure before you expose members

thank you..

itsmejjj

• 2 weeks later...

Hi yowanvista

Current status:

Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/ Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate

Microsoft® Windows® Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business /Ultimate

Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit and 64-bit) with SP2/SP3 or Home/Professional/Media Center

Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Is all supported!

I think that there is no doubt that it will improve with version 2.

After all it would be very counter productive if they made it worse :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

IS360 has to improve

Hope that v2.0 will have a native x64 version

Hi yowanvista

Current status:

Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/ Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate

Microsoft® Windows® Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business /Ultimate

Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit and 64-bit) with SP2/SP3 or Home/Professional/Media Center

Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Is all supported!

I think that there is no doubt that it will improve with version 2.

After all it would be very counter productive if they made it worse :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I360 is still a 32-bit application

They could make a 64-bit version for x64 systems

Archived