IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Choose the best NEW name for IS360?

enoskype

Choose the best NEW name for IS360?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi AL

Perhaps we should add your suggestion too?

IObit Malware Tripwire

But seeing how many votes (currently only 27) perhaps it doesn't matter.

Doesn't seem to inspire much interest what name they will choose for the application :roll:

It was as a response to a request from IObit that the poll was set up by enoskype!

Cheers

solbjerg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think IObit Malware Tripwire is a pretty good alternative instead of those standard/rogue names.

In my opinion, there are currently way too many alternatives in the poll, considering the amount of votes this far.

Maybe a new poll with maybe 5 alternatives or so?

The new poll would include the most popular alternatives and suggestions from forum members.

Regards

I think they should stay separate~

and IObit Malware Tripwire sounds pretty good. But I was wondering if IObit is planning on making it into a Antivirus in the future.

When IS360 becomes so popular, I believe IObit will want to make the program better and better, and having "Malware" in the name wouldn't make the program into an Antivirus program. Does that mean they'll have to do Another name change?

I'm just thinking ahead. haha

IObit Anti-Virus hmm there's already many anti-virus products out there, I think it would have to be something new and special if it's ever made, like no definitions - only heuristic solutions. Don't ask me how!:lol:

Regards

Hi sunny

As I understand it the IS360 in Tools is just a link to the program and/or a link to the download site in case you haven't got it installed.

So the program itself is not contained in ASC as I see it.

Cheers

solbjerg

i would be quiet happy if it stayed as part of ASC in utilities rather than stand alone. but appreciate the majority would prefer them as two

solberg

yes thats right would be nice during install to give the option of install intregated into ASC or as a stand alone like a few other utility programs, the deeper security scan of 360 could run same time as ASC.

enoskpe your note of cost is a good point perhaps increase the cost of ASC

Hi Magic

I think that even if Malware is in the name it will be OK since a virus is also a malware.

It just doesn't send as strong a signal about it as IObit360 does.

So IObit Malware Tripwire should be OK too

But I still maintain that that the simplicity of IObit Tripwire appeals more to me. (even if I say so myself :-) )

(and as far as I know it is a novel name for malware security in the business, - that may generate additional interest)

Edit: So_sad found a couple of links with Tripwire in them

Cheers

solbjerg

PLEASE VOTE AGAIN

Hi Everybody,

I am sorry to say that a cockup has occurred due to changing the order of the names in the course of voting.

The poll result did not reflect the reality.

There is no point having a poll if it doesn't have a meaning at all.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this mess.

I will start the poll again.

PLEASE VOTE AGAIN.

I'm first

I'm first :mrgreen:

By the way, I am a bit disappointed that My Little Friend didn't make it on the list :sad:

I even designed the icon for it, although there might have been some copyright issues if it was used. Nothing that 6 lawyers and a big gun couldn't sort out though ;-) :-D

All the best, woz of oz

PLEASE VOTE AGAIN

Ok

A couple more :-)

IObit Soter (IS) (Soter - the Greek God for safety)

(there must by the way be a Chinese character for safety/security too)

Perhaps the sign for umbrella can be used :-)

IObit (rod of Asclepius (alt+9877)) (hex 2695)

IObit (rod of Caduceus (alt+9764)) (hex 2624)

IObit (IObit Umbrella) (alt+20632) (IOU) :-) (hex 5098 )

IObit 卫兵 (IObit Guard)(Alt+21355/20853) (health soldier) (hex 536B/5175)

IObit 护 (IObit Protection) (IP) (alt+25252) (hex 62A4)

保护 (Guaranteed Protection)(alt+ 20445/25252) (hex 4FDD/62A4)

IObit Anti-WoeWare(IAW)

IObit Counterspy (IC)

IObit Mole Finder (IMF)

IObit (II) (IObit Interobang)(question-exclamation mark) Alt+8253 hex 203D

IObit Interrogator (II)

IObit Doorkeeper (ID)

IObit.Eraser. (I.E.)

IObit Malware Eraser (IME)

IObit Palladium (IP) (IObit Safeguard)(amulet)

IObit Foul Fiend Finder (IFFF)

IObit Dentist (ID)

IObit Surveyor (IS)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. to get the numbers in hexadecimal notation open Calculator in Advanced mode - write the number in decimal notation and then click Hex!

Then in either Word or WordPad place the cursor directly behind the hex number and press Alt+x

The shown Asclepius is only present in a couple of fonts - one of them Unicode Symbols

I voted "Anti-Malware" because it is the only one that describes what the product actually is (technically speaking, it isn't a blanket :P)

I also feel that all the other options sound too much like rogue applications.

IMO, to avoid the problems IS 360 had with people assuming that it detected

viruses (which it doesn't), and assuming, this new version also does not catch

viruses, we need to make sure the title does not infer that this new product will catch viruses either. Blanket, utlimate, global, etc, although good names should not be used. Malware, spyware, something like that would be better. I like the IOBIT Malware Tripwire name, because it infers Malware or spyware

and not Antivirus. Tripwire infers 'trapping', a good analogy in trapping or catching malware, spyware, etc. We don't want people asking the same questions on this new product about 'Does it detect viruses?', if, in fact it doesn't.

Lee

Hi Leeman ;

Perhaps IS360 should be able to detect and treat some worms, present in the wild. Worms are slightly different from your classic "virus", but many put them in the same category. For me, an effective "anti-malware" program needs to be able to deal with current threats, which include some worms that install trojans, rootkits, etc... If you can't identify the worm, you won't be able to a) block it (Pro versions), or b) remove it (free versions).

It all depends on what you want your program to do. If it won't do worms, then it shouldn't sport "anti-malware" in the name, in my humble opinion.

Antivirus programs all do trojans nowadays, including some adwares, yet we still call them "antivirus". To me, the tag "antispyware" is somewhat outdated, because not all malware spies, technically speaking. Just look at all the rogues and redirectors : no spying on your computer.

Terminology, in this business, is vague. The first "anti-malware" program I remember was Ewido and it sure didn't have virus/worm capabilities.

It isn't easy, choosing a name... :wink:

===

IObit Security Blanket (ISB)

probably the one i would like to see .shame thy are changing the name..

the reason i feel is the others are very normal use discription on this type of application and could perhaps confuse people looking for this sort of app.

but then that just one members opinion..and what ever the out come.well so be it.

itsmejjj

Hi

Added a few more suggestions :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok

A couple more :-)

IObit Soter (IS) (Soter - the Greek God for safety)

(there must by the way be a Chinese character for safety/security too)

Perhaps the sign for umbrella can be used :-)

IObit (rod of Asclepius (alt+9877)) (hex 2695)

IObit (rod of Caduceus (alt+9764)) (hex 2624)

IObit (IObit Umbrella) (alt+20632) (IOU) :-) (hex 5098 )

IObit 卫兵 (IObit Guard)(Alt+21355/20853) (health soldier) (hex 536B/5175)

IObit 护 (IObit Protection) (IP) (alt+25252) (hex 62A4)

保护 (Guaranteed Protection)(alt+ 20445/25252) (hex 4FDD/62A4)

IObit Anti-WoeWare(IAW)

IObit Counterspy (IC)

IObit Mole Finder (IMF)

IObit (II) (IObit Interobang)(question-exclamation mark) Alt+8253 hex 203D

IObit Interrogator (II)

IObit Doorkeeper (ID)

IObit.Eraser. (I.E.)

IObit Malware Eraser (IME)

IObit Palladium (IP) (IObit Safeguard)(amulet)

IObit Foul Fiend Finder (IFFF)

IObit Dentist (ID)

IObit Surveyor (IS)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. to get the numbers in hexadecimal notation open Calculator in Advanced mode - write the number in decimal notation and then click Hex!

Then in either Word or WordPad place the cursor directly behind the hex number and press Alt+x

The shown Asclepius is only present in a couple of fonts - one of them Unicode Symbols

Hi solbjerg,

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Home-Home-Office/Anti-Spyware/

I think we skip counterspy ;-)

------------------

My final words for this thread is:

Whatever the name is gonna be, it have to make clear it's not an anti-virus application, that means you need spyware, Malware etc. in the name.

Example; Ultimate Security is pretty good, the only problem is that it's not ultimate, you need anti-virus too :wink:

Security Blanket...wtf is a blanket? :lol:

I don't want to promote my suggestions, there's a lot of other good alternatives, but keep what I said in mind.

Over and out :smile:

Archived