IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please post Bugs or Problems of Game Booster 2.0 Beta here

MagicHunter

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only problem I have.

Not really a big problem? The program works great. I'm using Windows XP service pack 3. It's up to date. When I activate game booster. I play COD MW2 after playing games. I select go back to normal. It goes back to normal but my document folder opens. Not really a big problem since I can just close it. But it opens my document folder every time I go back to normal mode.

Game Booster v2 beta 1.1

trojan in vent dl

I saw another post on this subject but no response. I just downloaded the beta 2. I had vent already installed and up to date, but thought what the hey its telling me to install it on game essentials. When it finishes and I try to extract it my spysweeper says there is a "Mal/EncPK-SD" quarantined. I went to ventrilo and d/l it straight from there and no problem. The GB2 though still says I need it.

Sure it is. Because security is the most important thing.

Sorry to hear that. Whether this issue happens every time you back to normal mode?

Thank you in advance and look forward your reply.

Hello itobe

No, it happens only when I'm able to open a website in 'Gaming Mode' - back to normal : no contact and I've to restart my system :?:

cheers

i have the same issue as knightron with Ventrilo. In game essentials it says that i dont have the program but i have had it since i installed W7 -64bit. i just figured i would pop in and make sure this issue was already known about.

cheers:mrgreen:

Edit: sorry my issue is not the same exact thing i dont have a troj. in vent. just that the GB2 doesn't recognize that i have Ventrilo installed. look forward to the final version

There are a few faulty bugs...

in the original gamebooster when you press customize you can close background application. but in gb2 its more complicated, if you close an important background feature you need to reboot.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af345/boldpaste2/screen.jpg

also when you disable gamebooster and it starts up all services, all of my programs my service use starts back up in a new window which is annoying.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af345/boldpaste2/Untitled-5.jpg

try to get the gaming mode more like the original gamebooster

MSE & Game Defrag

I am running GameBooster 2 Beta 2.0 and Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.2498.0.

When I try to analyze a game directory using Game Defrag with real-time protection enabled in MSE it takes a very long time. This is due to the way MSE tries to scan every file analyzed by GameBooster. In my case it was analyzing for over 5 minutes before I manually canceled it.

If I analyze a game directory using Game Defrag with real-time protection disabled in MSE then it takes under 15 seconds to complete.

This happens after a fresh install of Windows 7 x64.

The Game Box isnt working at all for me, if I try to launch a game from there it goes to game mode and then instantly back to normal mode, if I untick the "automatically go to normal mode after all games are closed" then it just errors everytime I try to launch anything from there.

edit: Ok "Automatically go back to normal mode when all games close" mode works now, but when I untick it (and restart it, otherwise it doesnt apply) it comes up with "processid error" everytime I try to launch the game.

Hello itobe

No, it happens only when I'm able to open a website in 'Gaming Mode' - back to normal : no contact and I've to restart my system :?:

cheers

Beta 2.0 was released. Please download the latest version to see whether this issue still there.

If yes, please send us the "Profile" for further investigation.

(You can click "Customize services list" link in customize UI to open the GameBooster.ini, and than copy and paste all Info.)

PS: If you do not want other members to see this, a PM to me is OK.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: sorry my issue is not the same exact thing i dont have a troj. in vent. just that the GB2 doesn't recognize that i have Ventrilo installed. look forward to the final version

Dear bgunner,

Thank you for your feedback. IObit team is working on this issue.

Cheers.

I saw another post on this subject but no response. I just downloaded the beta 2. I had vent already installed and up to date, but thought what the hey its telling me to install it on game essentials. When it finishes and I try to extract it my spysweeper says there is a "Mal/EncPK-SD" quarantined. I went to ventrilo and d/l it straight from there and no problem. The GB2 though still says I need it.

Dear knightron,

Thank you for you Info.

It's a FP which had been solved.

Cheers.

There are a few faulty bugs...

in the original gamebooster when you press customize you can close background application. but in gb2 its more complicated, if you close an important background feature you need to reboot.

also when you disable gamebooster and it starts up all services, all of my programs my service use starts back up in a new window which is annoying.

try to get the gaming mode more like the original gamebooster

Thank you very much for your feedback.

IObit Team will working hard to fix bugs and improve the UE.

Cheers.

I am running GameBooster 2 Beta 2.0 and Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.2498.0.

When I try to analyze a game directory using Game Defrag with real-time protection enabled in MSE it takes a very long time. This is due to the way MSE tries to scan every file analyzed by GameBooster. In my case it was analyzing for over 5 minutes before I manually canceled it.

If I analyze a game directory using Game Defrag with real-time protection disabled in MSE then it takes under 15 seconds to complete.

This happens after a fresh install of Windows 7 x64.

Dear Mystic,

Thank you for your feedback.

Did you analyze the same directory? If you have another try, you will find the second analyzing of the same directory always takes much less time (even if the MES rea-time protection is enabled).

Cheers.:-D

The Game Box isnt working at all for me, if I try to launch a game from there it goes to game mode and then instantly back to normal mode, if I untick the "automatically go to normal mode after all games are closed" then it just errors everytime I try to launch anything from there.

edit: Ok "Automatically go back to normal mode when all games close" mode works now, but when I untick it (and restart it, otherwise it doesnt apply) it comes up with "processid error" everytime I try to launch the game.

Thank you for your feedback.

It must be solved in next update.

Cheers.

The new function of Gamebox doesnt recognize my game Counterstrike:Source. If I drag the icon into it, nothing happens. Also when I want to defrag, it doesnt recognize the game.

Dear black sea,

Thank you for your Feedback.

Firstly, Game Box only recognize shortcut (".lnk") and executable software (".exe") files. Please check if you selected the identifiable file.

Second, whether other shortcut can be added to Game Box?

If both above examination is OK, Would you please send us more information about this problem?

1) A screenshot contains shortcut of Counterstrike:Source would be helpful.

2) Version of Counterstrike:Source

Thank you in advance and Good luck.:-D

I ran across this message I was getting when reverting Gamebooster2.

Turns out if you have MS office and Norton installed, the message is related to them not GB2.

http://thedailyreviewer.com/windowsapps/view/ms-03-offc-issue---normal-file-already-exists-message-upon-exit-105215988

Dear masterblaster,

As you said, this issues is often caused by the Office Plug-in in Norton

AntiVirus.

I guess that you selected the "Plug-in" or something else when switching to Gaming Mode. So after switching back, "Plug-in" restarted and this message popped up.

Cheers.

Dear Grue,

Would you please tell us the name of the game you selected.

Further more, would you please attach a screenshot of the error message came out.

Thank you in advanced.

I can't install Game Booster 2.0 Beta instead i get this:

http://i54.tinypic.com/15p00mr.png

I was able to install the previous Beta version, but when I went to download and install Beta 2.0 I got this message. I can't seem to fix it and was needing some help?

Hi Itobe,

Firstly, Game Box only recognize shortcut (".lnk") and executable software (".exe") files. Please check if you selected the identifiable file.

How can I check whether the shortcut is an '.Ink' or an '.exe' file?

Second, whether other shortcut can be added to Game Box?

Yes, other shortcuts can be added, but CS:S not.

1) A screenshot contains shortcut of Counterstrike:Source would be helpful.

2) Version of Counterstrike:Source

1) See attachment

2) My Counterstrike:Source is up to date. Steam has automatic updates.

Drivers update

Ok I have nVidia GeForce GTS 360M video card. Last week there was update for video drivers and Game Booster (Beta 1) didn't report about it.

Also I have TeamSpeak 3 (Last Version) Game Booster says that I don't have it !

Windows 7 x64

Dear Grue,

Would you please tell us the name of the game you selected.

Further more, would you please attach a screenshot of the error message came out.

Thank you in advanced.

I was actually testing this with a random exe because the gamebox doesn't actually work with any steam game.

Also, i'm pretty sure steam games like Counter Strike use .url shortcuts.

Archived