IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please post Bugs or Problems of Game Booster 2.0 Beta here

MagicHunter

1) See attachment

2) My Counterstrike:Source is up to date. Steam has automatic updates.

Dear blacksea,

Thank you for your feedback. Would you please send us screenshot of another property tab (Webdocument) of Counter-Strike Source for further investigation.

Tons of thanks.

Hi all,

We are very sorry that "Game Box" can not recognize Steam's shortcut.

IObit team are working hard on this function.

Thank you for all your feedback. Best Regards.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

We are very sorry that "Game Box" can not recognize Steam's shortcut.

IObit team are working hard on this function.

Thank you for all your feedback. Best Regards.

If it helps at all the steam shortcuts are .url files that are in the format of "steam://rungameid/gameid" i.e. for Team Fortress 2 this would be "steam://rungameid/440". And these can be converted into standard shortcut files by locating the steam.exe in such format "steamdir\steam.exe -launchapp gameid" i.e. "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe -launchapp 440".

But the real problem remains, that is to locate the actual process of the game. Steam could have any game in the world in it's library so I'm not aware of any method of finding the game process.

Hope this helps a little.

This program does not install....

http://i54.tinypic.com/15p00mr.png

I receive this error also.

Windows XP, (custom install directory, not "c:\Windows").

Is your application getting a system variable to determine the install directory or is it hard coded?

Gentle

Hi Hayre, hi Gentle,

Since that error has occured for more than one person, it must be a common error for a similar configuration.

Please wait for an IObit member to respond.

I can not repeat it.

It will be helpful to IObit to pinpoint the culprit if you can give more information abut your OSs and hardwares.

Thank you and cheers.

I also notice that a game I have played for 4+ years now takes time to load modules when it didn't do that before.

This only started occuring after I installed Beta 1.1, chose "Top Optimization" and then went back to standard in preparation for installing Beta 2.0.

Now I can't install Beta 2.0 and my favorite game is annoying in the amount of disc access it has now.

Gentle

This program does not install....

I receive this error also.

Windows XP, (custom install directory, not "c:\Windows").

Is your application getting a system variable to determine the install directory or is it hard coded?

Gentle

Hi Gentle,

Hi all,

This issue will be fixed at next release.

Thank you for you feedback and so sorry for this problem.

Best Regards.

This only started occuring after I installed Beta 1.1, chose "Top Optimization" and then went back to standard in preparation for installing Beta 2.0.

Now I can't install Beta 2.0 and my favorite game is annoying in the amount of disc access it has now.

Gentle

Dear Gentle,

Do you mean that you install Beta 1.1 correctly but not Beta2.0?

Sorry for all the inconvenience.

Beta 1.1 installed correctly.

I used Gamebooster Beta 1.1

I chose the Optimization.

When I saw Beta 2.0 out...

I chose original configuration.

I uninstalled Beta 1.1.

I try to install Beta 2.0.

I get error message.

Now my computer is acting strangely.

Please release working version so I can fix this problem.

Gentle

Temporary solution to installation Runtime Error (at -1:0): shell32.dll

Hi Hayre, hi Gentle, hi KrazyK89,

Here is the temporary solution to your

Runtime Error (at -1:0):

Cannot import dll:C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll

Error.

Error Reason:

• The glitch is there, because the System Disk is not disk C: (ei. Windows folder is not at default path)

Temporary solution:

• Copy shell32.dll file from your system drive folder at : (say D:\Windows\System32\)
  • Paste shell32.dll file to a self created folder : C:\Windows\System32\
  • Install Game Booster from the setup file.
  • You can delete shell32.dll at self created folder: C:\Windows\System32\
  • Delete the self created folder(s).

Please write feedback if the installation problem is solved!

I hope IObit is going to corect that glitch in the next release.

Cheers.

Hello,

Been using Gamebooster for a while, and testing the gamebooster 2 beta right now.

Until now i got two problems which i'm gonna try to explain, i'm not english so sorry allready for the gramatic errors.

When you go to customize in the first screen and try to set your preferences, on the last screen which says ' please select the background applications you want to close" .

When you check or uncheck some applications, and after that check or uncheck "show current's user all processes" the applications you first checked don't save and change back to normal.

So for example , when i first uncheck "show current's user all processes" only setpoint and ctfmon are shown. so when i check them both to be closed and after that check "show current's user all processes" i get a list of all the processes and in that list setpoint is not checked anymore and for sure i checked in the previous page. So that is a little weird. I know now how to handle it and not touch the "show current's user all processes" checkbox and evrything seems to work fine.

Second problem is with the game box. First time i used the program I straight away put my BF2.exe file in the Game Box and clicked it too see what happens. It then asked me to set my prefferences so i did and the game started but my mouse was not working anymore, because set point stopped working. What happened was that i checked all aplications running to be closed which was not that smart. But when you go out and try it again the game just starts up and nothing is asked again. So i could not play the game cause the mouse did not work properly. Removed the BF2.exe restarted and put it back in to try again but no preferences are asked anymore wso i could not change the settings anymore from the game box. So i asume it just takes the settings you customized in the gamebooster for every game you start up trough the game box.

When i went back to the gamebooster i customized my settings again and only ctfmon i checked to close down from the applications list and the rest not, so setpoint was not checked to be closed. after that let gamebooster do his thing and started BF2 the old way trough my shortcut from the start menu. And everything went right, mouse was working and all running smoothly, so i was happy. So closed the game down, closed gamebooster and rebooted my pc.

So asuming my gamebooster was set up properly now i went back to the game box and started bf2 trough there. But then again if i go trough the game box to start up a game my setpoint keeps crashing, and if i start gamebooster and let that do his thing and start bf2 trough my original shortcut setpoint keeps workin good. So something is wrong there i guess.

Sorry for the long story, kind of hard to explain in english, but hope you get the message.

Greetings Ton vd Aa aka GarryGanja

Error.

Error Reason:

[*]The glitch is there, because the System Disk is not disk C: (ei. Windows folder is not at default path)

Temporary solution:

[*]Copy shell32.dll file from your system drive folder at : (say D:\Windows\System32\)

[*]Paste shell32.dll file to a self created folder: C:\Windows\System32\

[*]Install Game Booster from the setup file.

[*]You can delete shell32.dll at self created folder: C:\Windows\System32\

[*]Delete the self created folder(s).

Cheers.

My Windows is installed on my C: drive, just not at the standard directory.

Does your procedure work for this condition as well?

Gentle

P.S. http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster2beta.html At the top of this page it says V2.0 beta 2 is 2.62MB. This is not valid.

Hi Gentle,

I have tried to explain a general situation, of which some may prefer to use a drive other than C: for Windows default folder.

In your case, it may well work if you create the similar condition for GB2 beta2 setup file to find shell32.dll.

Just create empty folders as default names and routes for Shell32.dll, for installation of GB2beta2.

After installation you can delete those folders that you have created.

Try it, you will not loose anything.8:)

Cheers.

Game Box

I installed the new update of Game Booster 2, and along with it came Game Box. I tested it out with NBA 2K11 and it was great, it switches to Gaming Mode when I run the shortcut through Game Box. So I put my other game shortcuts there. My problem is that my Left 4 Dead 2 shortcut doesn't work. :cry:

Attached is a JPG of my problem. :-D

So asuming my gamebooster was set up properly now i went back to the game box and started bf2 trough there. But then again if i go trough the game box to start up a game my setpoint keeps crashing, and if i start gamebooster and let that do his thing and start bf2 trough my original shortcut setpoint keeps workin good. So something is wrong there i guess

Dear GarryGanja,

Welcome join IObit forums.

Sorry for the issue happened to you.

Would you please send us the screenshot of "crashing" when you go through the game box to start a game for further investigation.

Thank you in advance.

Error.

Error Reason:

• The glitch is there, because the System Disk is not disk C: (ei. Windows folder is not at default path)

Temporary solution:

• Copy shell32.dll file from your system drive folder at : (say D:\Windows\System32\)
  • Paste shell32.dll file to a self created folder : C:\Windows\System32\
  • Install Game Booster from the setup file.
  • You can delete shell32.dll at self created folder: C:\Windows\System32\
  • Delete the self created folder(s).

Please write feedback if the installation problem is solved!

I hope IObit is going to corect that glitch in the next release.

Cheers.

I can't seem to get it to work with your temp solution. BTW I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and don't have the OS on C: Drive, because I actual don't have a C: Drive on my system other than a Virtual C: Drive. I'll just wait for a fix.

Archived