IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Status remains at C - D

Galather

I noticed this last night while I was playing, Napoleon: Total War.

While playing in a middle of a regular single player campaign battle I experienced a enormous amount of lag. I thought, "Oh its probably lagging because it's raining in the battle, while have my settings on Ultra (Max settings)

Then it happened in the next battle, and the battle after that with/without rain, and it was on low quality. So I minimized and noticed my status was at "D" so I did "Deep Care" as it suggested and it was brought to "C" so I did "Quick Care" and it was at "A" then like the next 7 seconds it turned back to "C".

I did both "Deep Care" and "Quick Care" about 5 times. I also did both a full scan/smart scan on my IObit Malware Fighter, and there was 0 threats.

I also restarted my computer and Windows made an update, and even after the update it still stayed at "C" or "D". I tried restarting it again about 2 times and still got the same results.

So im pretty confused, what should I do?

My current stats,

CPU: Mainly 3 - 12%

RAM: 45%

Disk: 0%

Network: 0.00%

Processes: 86

Registry Size: 70 Mb

Hello Galather,

Sorry for the inconvenience, The PM is still in beta phase and not very stable yet. Our engineers are still working on it.

And please close all the browser and program,then ASC will repair the problems more thoroughly.

Hello Galather,

Sorry for the inconvenience, The PM is still in beta phase and not very stable yet. Our engineers are still working on it.

And please close all the browser and program,then ASC will repair the problems more thoroughly.

After installing the latest 4.1.0.235 version the PM shows Status C or D even after running Deep Care. When it finishes Deep Care or Quick Care it first shows A for few seconds then it goes to C or D right away. Was this issue supposed to be fixed in the last release or it is still pending to be fixed? Once it will be fixed where can we get the updated PM version to fix it? This issue seems to be new for me since I updated to the last version. The previous version always showed Status A after Quick or Deep care.

Hi Galather

Have you tried to take a look at your startup programs, and disable those not especially necessary there?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. mine is practically always showing an A

I noticed this last night while I was playing, Napoleon: Total War.

While playing in a middle of a regular single player campaign battle I experienced a enormous amount of lag. I thought, "Oh its probably lagging because it's raining in the battle, while have my settings on Ultra (Max settings)

Then it happened in the next battle, and the battle after that with/without rain, and it was on low quality. So I minimized and noticed my status was at "D" so I did "Deep Care" as it suggested and it was brought to "C" so I did "Quick Care" and it was at "A" then like the next 7 seconds it turned back to "C".

I did both "Deep Care" and "Quick Care" about 5 times. I also did both a full scan/smart scan on my IObit Malware Fighter, and there was 0 threats.

I also restarted my computer and Windows made an update, and even after the update it still stayed at "C" or "D". I tried restarting it again about 2 times and still got the same results.

So im pretty confused, what should I do?

My current stats,

CPU: Mainly 3 - 12%

RAM: 45%

Disk: 0%

Network: 0.00%

Processes: 86

Registry Size: 70 Mb

From "A" to "D"

I have the same problem but have had ASC for a long time. This "A", "C", "D" movement is frustrating because I normally stop and see what's going on and it takes me from my business. IS this a beta problem, and will it be fixed?

Thanks,

2BadRic

I'm getting the same problem...

I installed the free version about a week ago to test it before getting the real thing. I like the software (and obsessing about the cleanliness of my computer), but this is precisely the kind of thing I'd want to get ironed out before paying for it.

I put it on a new Win7 install, on new hard drives, and everything was A's all round (WEI of 5.6, if that's at all relevant). Then, like others in this thread, this morning it changed to a C and suggested a quick care scan. After the scan, it switched to A for a few seconds and then back to C. Rinse and repeat. After much scrubbing, defragging, quitting processes and uninstalling, it's still giving me a C, when for most of last week it gave me an A.

I think I read somewhere that IObit does Not plan to provide the Old PM in future versions? Probably due to the excessive memory usage and the need to make it compatible, to make a complete version that would make and keep everyone Happy?

Does this mean that PMonitor doesn't do what it claims it does? Are the ratings it gives not real? Should I ignore what it says and disable it in that case?

Thanks for any clarification.

Having issues with C or D rating since lastest update

After installing the latest 4.1.0.235 version the PM shows Status C or D even after running Deep Care. When it finishes Deep Care or Quick Care it first shows A for few seconds then it goes to C or D right away. Was this issue supposed to be fixed in the last release or it is still pending to be fixed? Once it will be fixed where can we get the updated PM version to fix it? This issue seems to be new for me since I updated to the last version. The previous version always showed Status A after Quick or Deep care.

I am having these same issues as above since latest update to ASC Pro about a week ago. This is why I came to the Forum. Previously, I was always in A or B status & rarely would be in a C or D state, altho that appears to be the norm now. I have not changed my habits, I don't do a lot of browsing nor do I play games -- boring, right!? I mainly use Outlook for email & calendar, & manage photos & hobby documents. It looks like this issue goes back for a long time for others, but I never experienced until very recently. It doesn't seem to matter whether I do a Deep Clean, followed by Quick Care, it reverts back to D. I'm pretty meticulous about keeping my pc clean.

Also have another question. I have a separate install of "Smart Defrag", but wonder if i need to uninstall it, since ASC defrags on the Deep Care.

In this case I would probably ignore the monitor. Since the operating system is always reading and writing from files. the overly sensitive monitor is just indicating this. Whats important is that you know basic pc maintenance is being performed.

Edward K.

Possible solution?

So my problem with this seems to have been fixed (for the moment). I have no idea what PM actually monitors, but mine went back to A right after I uninstalled my drivers, gave them a good clean out with "Driver sweeper" (just uninstalling them still leaves junk lying around), and then (re)installed the most recent ones. The most recent ones may well not be found by windows, so you should scour the web to make sure. It turned out that my sound card drivers weren't up to date (even though Windows told me they were), and I had some remnants of old drivers hanging around. After I did all that, my PM rating went back to A and stayed there.

I know... "reinstall your drivers" is a bit of an irritating catch-all solution. It may have been coincidence -- I have no idea why this would have an effect, and it's annoying that PM's suggested action doesn't fix the problem. But this seemed to work for me.

Good luck!

Also have another question. I have a separate install of "Smart Defrag", but wonder if i need to uninstall it, since ASC defrags on the Deep Care.

Hi there,

We advise you to keep Smart Defrag on your computer because Smart Defrag is much better with a lot of versatility and functions such as exclusion, inclusion, scheduling, etc. and including Boot Time defrag.

Archived