IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Does anyone know why there is an alert button ?

ffwfire

Great atailor!

Fine that you at least have your wits about you :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

I believe that ffwfire's question has been asked answered in Luckyvic's post of 9/29/11 and Cicely's response on 10/1/11. I have the same icon in system tray using free version.

A.T.

Great atailor!

Fine that you at least have your wits about you :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello solbjerg

The problem with the reply referenced in Luckyvic's post of 9/29/11 is that ffwfire may be using the Free version of the product and the alert icon in the system tray appears to be new behavior that started with the recent update to 1.2. I had never seen this alert nag behavior on my system and I've been using IObit Malware since the product was in Beta before there was even a pay version.

I commented on this in Luckyvic's thread - http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11556

Sami

Hi Sami

Ok, but are all the types of protections present in the free version?

If they aren't I find it natural that they make you aware of that missing protection, - also they need to have a profit to be able to continue making fine programs. :-)

If you right click the icon you should be able to choose to view the protection state - if all is ON and if the definition file is updated you can ignore the offer to buy the pro version if that is your preference.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello solbjerg

The problem with the reply referenced in Luckyvic's post of 9/29/11 is that ffwfire may be using the Free version of the product and the alert icon in the system tray appears to be new behavior that started with the recent update to 1.2. I had never seen this alert nag behavior on my system and I've been using IObit Malware since the product was in Beta before there was even a pay version.

I commented on this in Luckyvic's thread - http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11556

Sami

Some malwares/viruses may stop some of the guards, so it is a reminder to the user that a guard (some guards) is (are) disabled.

Yellow alert on IMF icon is an indication of vulnarability.

I find it very useful also, and the behaviour is the same in Pro version too.

Cheers.

Hi Sami

Ok, but are all the types of protections present in the free version?

If they aren't I find it natural that they make you aware of that missing protection, - also they need to have a profit to be able to continue making fine programs. :-)

If you right click the icon you should be able to choose to view the protection state - if all is ON and if the definition file is updated you can ignore the offer to buy the pro version if that is your preference.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

The yellow alert icon has never been enabled in the free version until the last update of the product. You can not enable all guards, which free users are well aware of and the yellow alert icon is a distraction since it implies a threat.

Did you bother to read my comment added to luckyvic's thread at http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11556 ?

Personally I feel that this behavior represents a possible bug in the updated version.

In any event, it's moot now as I've uninstalled IObit Malware since I resent being nagged by the alert icon.

Sami

Since 9-11, I have noticed that the people in NewYork are much less self-centered and inconsiderate and are more friendly.

I think it's about time for a major catastrophy to hit California, like San Francisco falling in the Ocean or something,

to Improve their attitudes and restore a positive outlook. :lol:

I totally agree with SamiTabla. I've had the Pro version of Advanced SystemCare for a long time and always had the Free version of IMF. I understand the 'alert' sign is up because not all of the Guards on turned on, and they can't be, unless I pay for the Pro version of IMF. The alert is annoying - when I downloaded the newest version of IMF just today, I couldn't figure out why the icon in my taskbar was showing an alert even after I'd run IMF several times.

It does imply a threat and how are we to know a false threat from a real one? I don't like it either and will most likely be uninstalling it. Please put Iobit Malware Fighter back the way it was in the previous version. Thanks.

Hi solbjerg,

The yellow alert icon has never been enabled in the free version until the last update of the product. You can not enable all guards, which free users are well aware of and the yellow alert icon is a distraction since it implies a threat.

Did you bother to read my comment added to luckyvic's thread at http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11556 ?

Personally I feel that this behavior represents a possible bug in the updated version.

In any event, it's moot now as I've uninstalled IObit Malware since I resent being nagged by the alert icon.

Sami

Hi catwench and Sami

Sami - I did read all your comments, hence my answer.

catwench - it implies a threat because there IS one if not all protection is ON.

Do you both mean that a company should cater more to non-paying customers?

Isn't it enough that you get to use the program for free?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hmmm........?

"Do you both mean that a company should cater more to non-paying customers?

Isn't it enough that you get to use the program for free?"

solbjerg, you're missing the point. If don't enable all the guards in the PAID version, you get an alert as well. It's annoying, some do not need all the guards, free or paid.

Non-paying-customers are for the most part are respectful and grateful for freeware, you get very good feedback from them that contribute making the paid version better. Don't diss non-paying customers, it only come back to bite you in the ***. Trust me.

Hi luckyvic

I am not disrespectful to anyone, I just don't think the attitude expressed is fair.

Concerning the "missing point" I still think that it is fine that you get warned that some of the protection is off - it could be that some malware has disabled that protection, and then it would be good that you got that message, right? In order for you to check if that really is the case or if it is some protection you have chosen to be in the off position.

What do you mean "you" get good feedback, do you mean IObit?

I am not IObit - I am just another user!

Cheers

solbjerg

"Do you both mean that a company should cater more to non-paying customers?

Isn't it enough that you get to use the program for free?"

solbjerg, you're missing the point. If don't enable all the guards in the PAID version, you get an alert as well. It's annoying, some do not need all the guards, free or paid.

Non-paying-customers are for the most part are respectful and grateful for freeware, you get very good feedback from them that contribute making the paid version better. Don't diss non-paying customers, it only come back to bite you in the ***. Trust me.

OK

Hi luckyvic

I am not disrespectful to anyone, I just don't think the attitude expressed is fair.

Concerning the "missing point" I still think that it is fine that you get warned that some of the protection is off - it could be that some malware has disabled that protection, and then it would be good that you got that message, right? In order for you to check if that really is the case or if it is some protection you have chosen to be in the off position.

What do you mean "you" get good feedback, do you mean IObit?

I am not IObit - I am just another user!

Cheers

solbjerg

Maybe there should a different icon notification for some protection off, or the IMF tray icon different color (green-good, orange-fair, red-no protection. An exclamation mark could then be that of malware attack warning.

Yes when I mean "you" for feedback, I mean IObit. I know you're a user, but when make a remark such as "Do you both mean that a company should cater more to non-paying customers? Isn't it enough that you get to use the program for free?", that will get you "feedback" from fellow users. Non-payers and Paid. Seems fair to me.

Hi luckyvic

You started this discussion by saying that you had to close IMF to be able to connect to Skype.

I wonder why - I have no problem connecting to Skype with IMF running and all protection ON.

Have you found out why the reaction in you computer is like that?

Then you went on to talk about the yellow exclamation mark - which Cicely then explained - apparently to your satisfaction.

So I do not quite understand where you are going.

Would a different colour on the exclamation mark be an improvement in your opinion?

Cheers

solbjerg

Maybe there should a different icon notification for some protection off, or the IMF tray icon different color (green-good, orange-fair, red-no protection. An exclamation mark could then be that of malware attack warning.

Yes when I mean "you" for feedback, I mean IObit. I know you're a user, but when make a remark such as "Do you both mean that a company should cater more to non-paying customers? Isn't it enough that you get to use the program for free?", that will get you "feedback" from fellow users. Non-payers and Paid. Seems fair to me.

OK

Hi luckyvic

You started this discussion by saying that you had to close IMF to be able to connect to Skype.

I wonder why - I have no problem connecting to Skype with IMF running and all protection ON.

* Glad to hear you have no problem connecting to Skype. I do unfortunately.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you found out why the reaction in you computer is like that?

*No,and I've run out of ideas so now I'm running Spyware Terminator and no problems with connecting to Skype. Maybe in the future I'll try IMF. I used ST years ago and very pleased with latest version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then you went on to talk about the yellow exclamation mark - which Cicely then explained - apparently to your satisfaction.

* Cicely explained the reason why the exclamation mark. But not satisfied that there is an exclamation mark just because of some guards are disabled. To me an exclamation mark a warning/alert that something is wrong the program or of computer risk, not because I chose which protection(s) to enable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I do not quite understand where you are going.

* Hang on we'll get there eventually. The intial problem was the not being able to connect to Skype while running IMF. Then there was question about after running a scan there was this exclamation mark, I thought it had to do the scan part, not protection part.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would a different colour on the exclamation mark be an improvement in your opinion?

* No, the actual IMF icon could use different color scheme for the security level settings. AN exclamation mark should be for malware attack on pc and security program. Something serious. at risk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* solbjerg, I know you're trying to help and I appreciate it. I think that sometimes some people get a little defensive when there is slight criticism of IObit products and it can cause some friction and misunderstanding.

So peace to all and look forward to enjoying being here and IObit products, free and paid.

luckyvic

OK guys,

Personally I would prefer to be reminded by the icon, but I understand that some users do not like it.

Anyway it shouldn't be the reason to uninstall IMF unless other problems exist either with IMF or other IObit products.

Instead of going back to old icon, how about an option in the settings giving a choice to the user, be it Pro or Free, to be warned or not warned if some guards are off?

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

"how about an option in the settings giving a choice to the user, be it Pro or Free, to be warned or not warned if some guards are off?"

Well my friend

That may be implementable without too much trouble, perhaps?

But I still think that it would somewhat defeat the purpose of security for the great majority of users.

I do accept the security updates from Microsoft and others even though it makes the connections slower by me.

@luckyvic

peace it is!

Cheers

solbjerg

OK guys,

Personally I would prefer to be reminded by the icon, but I understand that some users do not like it.

Anyway it shouldn't be the reason to uninstall IMF unless other problems exist either with IMF or other IObit products.

Instead of going back to old icon, how about an option in the settings giving a choice to the user, be it Pro or Free, to be warned or not warned if some guards are off?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

uninstalled already

glad I found this post. I have already uninstalled my free version - assuming ( wrongly?) that there was a bug. I was going to upgrade to the pro version then this came along. Now that I understand I can probably live with this but do think (1) that there should be an option to override this and (2) that this explanation should be made clear ( at the time of installation) or iobit will loose users.

Archived