IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 5 and Windows Xp 64bit

Xcom46

Hi Xcom

Interesting question.

First I checked how many .dll files I had (16065) and then I ran the regclean in Quick Care (My OS is XP sp.3 - x86) and checked again how many .dll files I had (16065)

Did you use Deep Care and did you let it clean away everything?

You will need to be a bit more specific about which application you used and how your settings are, I think.

I do think though that some items are created in the registry when the computer is used for various things, and they may then become unnecessary or obsolete afterwards and hence deleted, - but I think they will be created anew when the computer is used again in the same way as before.

Cheers

solbjerg

OK some questions is there a issue with these too.

Seems every time i use any ASC on 64bit version i get some files deleted

Some of the .Dll Files get deleted when i clean reg

Well i used Deep Clean + The Tool Box reg cleaner Not sure witch it was but i all so used a couple more programs and may be they deleted them i used ccleaner and Abexo Free Registry cleaner Not sure if it was ASC5 or ccleaner or Abexo and yes i Basicly let it clean every thing well i am not really sure what section .DLL files are in

Well they .Dll files that get deleted with System restore and Add or remove system components alot of ppl had issues with the 64bit Xp with the restore stuff Not sure what is up with that but i never seem too have a problem with the 32bit version.Only 64bit

Hi Xcom

Do you mean that you experience trouble afterwards because of the

.dll files cleaned from the registry?

It would help isolate the "problem" if you could say which program deletes the .dll and which application in the program is responsible.

You could likewise make a count of the number of .dll files before and after a cleaning. Just use search i Windows for that (Start/Search) when finished finding them it will tell you how many there are.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well they .Dll files that get deleted with System restore and Add or remove system components alot of ppl had issues with the 64bit Xp with the restore stuff Not sure what is up with that but i never seem too have a problem with the 32bit version.Only 64bit

Well i used Deep Clean + The Tool Box reg cleaner Not sure witch it was but i all so used a couple more programs and may be they deleted them i used ccleaner and Abexo Free Registry cleaner Not sure if it was ASC5 or ccleaner or Abexo and yes i Basicly let it clean every thing well i am not really sure what section .DLL files are in

FYI:

According to Softpedia Abexo Free Registry cleaner was last updated February 9th 2008, the website appears to have gone as well (Server not found)

I would not recommend using such out of date software especially with 64 Bit

All the best, woz of oz

Well may be it is Abexo it does a very good cleaning on the Registry may be too good lol i don't think its ccleaner be cause they update it like once a month or so i kinda new Abexo was out dated and was not being updated but i kept it because it did a good job and most likely did not need a update but may seem that it needs it for the 64bit.

OK some questions is there a issue with these too.

Seems every time i use any ASC on 64bit version i get some files deleted

Some of the .Dll Files get deleted when i clean reg

I think if you click on "Rescue", then highlight a Scan log and click "View" you should be able to see what items were affected by that scan. This might help in determining if ASC is deleting any of your computer's *.dll files

IMO daily and deep care are more dangerous too users than any toolbox tools, there are a lot of things with no entries in settings, or documentation, on them, specifically disk based operations that can potentially keep windows from even booting, and usually do.

I've stuck to using toolbox tools only for a while now, I setup both daily and deep completely and still get bad results any time I use them on any system. CCleaner and TU(IObits 2 important competitors(one which has been in international retail for years) does this and other things I've suggested here correctly.

Top end-user issues for ASC:

1. Deep Care native disk util usage that corrupts file systems and interferes with other software, some of those softwares OEM solutions
  2. Bad default configuration
  3. Poor presentation of settings(CCleaner and Tunup Utilities have had this figured out for years, and learned it through IObit's current mistakes(read the tips suggestions in my posts))
  4. Poor management around handling changing softwares, Mozilla products are the best examples, but it applies to all in privacy sweep.

That list literally covers every ASC issue ever reported here..most still not fixed.

It's nothing a typical vendor with professional developers shouldn't be able to fix in 2 weeks tops, especially one with no other major product development going on.

Is it only XP 64bit OS you are referring to?

I certainly don't seem to have any of those problems with W-7 64bit.

I keep telling you guys that you are 'Going to Have to Upgrade Someday'. :lol:

I'm sure IObit is trying to get ready for W-8 Now,

and not worried too much about Old XP. :lol:

Is it only XP 64bit OS you are referring to?

I certainly don't seem to have any of those problems with W-7 64bit.

I keep telling you guys that you are 'Going to Have to Upgrade Someday'. :lol:

I'm sure IObit is trying to get ready for W-8 Now,

and not worried too much about Old XP. :lol:

I'm on w7 too, it has the same disk utils as XP. The software also uses user folders and the same registry.

I'm on w7 too, it has the same disk utils as XP. The software also uses user folders and the same registry.

I have never had a problem with ASC Pro (using 5 beta 2.1 right now) on W7 or W8 except one with System Optimization which has now been fixed and with Startup Optimization which once I got it right I don't use anymore.

I however have had problems with CCleaner default settings deleting files, that I did not want it to.

The CCleaner installer also let me install their x64 version, by accident, on a x32 computer and it was only by accident that I found out about this and that it logically wasn't working correctly on the x32 computer.

I have never had a problem with ASC Pro (using 5 beta 2.1 right now) on W7 or W8 except one with System Optimization which has now been fixed and with Startup Optimization which once I got it right I don't use anymore.

I however have had problems with CCleaner default settings deleting files, that I did not want it to.

The CCleaner installer also let me install their x64 version, by accident, on a x32 computer and it was only by accident that I found out about this and that it logically wasn't working correctly on the x32 computer.

Which problem? This and the 4 section are flooded with threads of nothing but the problems I described.

Nullsoft wrote the installer they use and does the OS detection, and all potentially harmful actions are disabled out of the box and yes/no blocked with a descriptive prompt. They also beat TU and ASC in updates and support for 3rd party software cleaning. Also if you report a bug it's usually 3 days tops before a fix is released.

Well the Windows XP 64bit is the only issue i am having with the .DLL files missing i just reinstalled 32bit be cause it was pissing me off lol trying too figure out how too fix it i just got tired of looking for answers and a lot of them don't work for 64bitversion for some reason there SP2 packs kinda suck in a away They never came out with a SP3 for 64bit witch i think was kinda dumb on microsoft part.They started a new windows but never fixed issues with 64bit XP like they should have and now there going too X out Xp help witch i think is really Dumb on there part be cause There are a lot of ppl and Corps that still use the Windows xp for there systems.Xp is still won of the most stable systems out there I hate the new windows be cause they take up way to much resources witch i think is all so very dumb too have a system that take more memory and cpu just too run the win7 or 8 and im sure there is a **** load of bugs still in 7 and vista and now there coming out with 8 They need too fix the issues be for they start a new projects.

Sorry i was Ranting lol

Which problem? This and the 4 section are flooded with threads of nothing but the problems I described.

Nullsoft wrote the installer they use and does the OS detection, and all potentially harmful actions are disabled out of the box and yes/no blocked with a descriptive prompt. They also beat TU and ASC in updates and support for 3rd party software cleaning. Also if you report a bug it's usually 3 days tops before a fix is released.

Sorry you lost me. Above my pay grade.

All I know is that I have used CCleaner and ASC Pro for years and I am happy with both. The one ASC problem I had has been fixed. Other than that I use it and CCleaner to scan and clean my computers several times a day. In fact I have CCleaner set up to clean semi-automatically when closing Firefox. I run a ASC Deep Scan at the of each day as the last operation before defragging and optimizing using Smart Defrag. Those are the last things I do on my computers each day except for playing Solitaire which I do after all the cleaning.8-)

Good luck trying to get satisfaction. I am happy with both products.:-D and all IObit products that I use except IMO 1.2.0.16 has some bugs having to do with the real-time scan logs that hopefully will be fixed.

FYI:

According to Softpedia Abexo Free Registry cleaner was last updated February 9th 2008, the website appears to have gone as well (Server not found)

I would not recommend using such out of date software especially with 64 Bit

All the best, woz of oz

Abexo must have gone out of business, I see their abexo.com website is no longer operational.

Thanks wozofoz and Toppack.

Cheers.

Archived