IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Fire Wall Free Win 8 Compatable???

Mr Bean

Mallaware Defender 2.7.3.0002 Free

OK step 1 copy past in Google search bar then down load this version..be sure its

Mallaware Defender 2.7.3.0002 Free

2 download

install and run (defalt mode) learning mode.....this is very good

be sure its this one 1,9mg check the size if its over or under..then look for the right one..

Injoy

Mr Bean

forgot to tell you when running it be sure at the start there is no gibberish

or and symbols ..you cant understand it must be a clear English writing..do not install any fake or any interference with file .when the loading menu pops up

its must be clear .....

content on disk after a install are 17.7 MB total 34 items.

(I suggest also get your self a copy of Sunrise seven the tweaker. Also free check my other post)

once you have it running 9the fire wall) there be only one download extra asked

allow it the one time that is all you need Like any thing You need To be Aware

On win 7 runs per perfect .you may need to turn of the win defender? tho there should be no conflicting problems....

Mr Bean

well hallo again

I would like to point out this be one of the best I have come across in a long long time

and a bit more trying out this will be the one I be using been a long time that a fire wall has got me this exited,love the port watcher add on and the easy setting that you can apply if per chance you muck it up reset it back to the very starting default. tho I think there be no need to fool around with the default setting's itself one thing you get the idea very quickly and block or allow what you like.and its not conflicting with win fire wall at all

its simply programed yet looks very power-full and for a free fire wall this is the best out there No nags or pushing you into a thing.

when I say the best its in the top 10 tested for you or I plenty!

I was a bit shocked when I saw the Free Thinking hallow what this I wonder?

but Hy thy really mean it...only thing that is asked to download the kernel symbols that's it...

and this is very kind of the makers or maker.to gift us with this opportunity.

for a top class fire wall

Please Try it

get it here if you trust the site..

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Malware-Defender.shtm

Mr Bean

???

Do you think there is something Wrong with the Firewall that comes with Windows?

The one with Windows-7 appears to be Great, to me,

(It does what it's supposed to do)

so why add another one to Windows-8?

Does the Beta version of W-8 not have a good firewall?

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

I have never seen it here?

ever wondered why

Does the Beta version of W-8 not have a good firewall?

Do not know yet till I get the Beta version and test it

IN 10 OR SO WEEKS..

but so far AS BASIC FIRE WALL BETTER THEN NOTHING..

iT BLOCKS NOTHING.OUT GOING.AND ALL THE TIME I HAVE IT RUNNING YET TO WARN ME OF ANY THING!

IF IT WORKS AT ALL THAT IS

Mr Bean

WHY ? MS would never submit it to the tests

thy know it would get a 0 score ? and thy do not want you to be able to control what went out.or even for that matter in.

and the rest is preference ,I posted this fire wall because it is free.and is very very good most use comodo or out post or Pc fire wall again preference

this one uses hardly no overhead

tell u what try it got nothing to lose maybe even get to like it .tells you every thing that runs or uses the net out and in..If I understand you right,never used one bar win? give it a go ..

Mr Bean

Originally a Firewall was only a Network layer and packet filter,

but when they add in Virus and malware protection,

Which most security programs to,

they are no longer True Firewall programs.

Maybe that is where the difference is, depending on how extensive the security package is?

Microsoft's Firewall is a True Firewall, not malware protection.

To get Full malware protection Microsoft's 'Security-essentials' is also needed, along with their Firewall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewall_(networking)

when u say pure fire wall yes ok on yesterdays systems

like saying a true car was the first build ford.or plane I used the first one ever made ,By ZONE alarm and you know on Xp runs fine..doing a basic job..

but today its a different story its not the same net it was 20 years ago

any how like I am saying its up to the readership he/she wants modern protection

if you are happy with MS fire wall ok I do not like it as its a weak defendant.

of systems.but Hy thy did build one even if its So SO..when XP arrived

and has not improved much at all ..

Mr Bean

hy again..

oK lets talk the no 1 on the net comodo..

Comodo Internet Security (CIS) is available in four editions: Comodo Internet Security (the standard edition), Comodo Internet Security Plus, Comodo Internet Security Pro and Comodo Internet Security Complete. All editions contain a personal firewall which prevents unauthorized connections from/to the Internet, an antivirus that seeks and eliminates malicious software and the Defense+ monitors software for suspicious behavior and can "sandbox" certain programs, thus preventing them from making permanent changes to the system.

Antivirus

Comodo's Antivirus Software was publicly released along with the Comodo Internet Security Suite on October 23, 2008.[10] Ever since CIS 3.8, it offers a heuristics engine built into the scanner. In CIS 5.0, it offers cloud antivirus protection and spyware scanning capabilities. The antivirus had great detection but its cleaning capabilities weren't that great. For that purpose, Comodo developed Comodo Cleaning Essentials to supplement CIS.

HIPS (Defense+)

Comodo's Host-based intrusion prevention system (HIPS), known as Defense+, is designed to provide protection against unknown malware. It is designed to restrict the actions of unknown applications, and restrict access to important files, folders, settings and the Windows Registry. Defense+ employs Default Deny Protection, by default refusing any unknown file permission to install or execute except when specifically allowed by the user or when the file appears on Comodo's whitelist. In CIS 4.0, a sandbox was added to Defense+ to isolate and run unknown applications.[14]

this is added on and built in the fire wall

depending what you are willing to pay for..Comodo Internet Security is currently ranked number 1 in Matousec's Proactive Security Challenge, and passing 100% of the "148 software firewall tests"

, and is the only firewall and host intrusion prevention system to consistently score number 1 or tie for number one (usually with Online Armor) in all independent tests; it has never left first place since version 3.14.13009 released in June 2008, ! and as a firewall and HIPS application, even this nearly three-year old software still passes 100% of the latest security tests, the only software of that era to pass more than 70% (Zone Alarm Pro v7 from the same time passes only 27%).[17]

today comodo is better then that time and still on top..

so as I said my one is free and not far of the leaders.

ranked in the first 10...

today you find most now have the added extras

funny thing

I said the same thing as you are saying NOW a long time back but realize

the way the net gets junk past a ordinary fire wall or able to hack a system

plant malaware or virus

IS very different Even MS realized This and are trying to build better defense

with there defender.

and to answer your ask NO you can still just use the fire wall on its own(what you Say or Be leave IS pure) that no longer is the same as zone labs was be fore Vista.... would not be any use on windows 7 or 8....

the other thing is if win 7 did as it says it will do why do we use A malware

program Or 360 ? as A fire wall cannot detect this behavior from the net

and would not stop it. also depending Who programed it (default MS set) wants to remake it..its far to lenient..not blocking dangerous ports..and has gaping Holes...Have a good hard look at it internals !

Mr Bean

Outgoing ports

Not sure if you know Mr Bean but W7 automatically checks your licence when you start up, and if and when W8 goes public, i suspect it will as well. thats why there pushing defender with thier firewall, unless you turn off all ports assosiated with MS on a third party firewall big brother is watching you

Roy

Here's a list of most of the Malware types:

I don't think any of these are blocked by a Firewall program.

Most are blocked by Microsofts 'Security-essentials' program, but not all.

That's why I like to run two Security progrms.

Hopefully what one does not catch, the other one will.

Any more than two, slows-down the computer too much.

virus

Trojan

Rootkit

Bootkit

phishing

worm

botnet

hijacker

keylogger

spyware

adware

yes I think it would and checks every boot

the thing Is you Do not need to register the OS if you do not want you have legaly 90 days Just format the drive Reinstall start over and its legit,

now whereto that will change we will see

But I have just about converted to Linux bar one Pc and do not think I be going

Back . To MS OS ,However want to look at the Beta,Unless its very special Keep 7 then only for certain programs OF the net No MODEM ATTACHED,And as far as MS is concerned thy can ------ But doubt there interested in LINUX. and would never see my 7 PC again..I do Not LIKE the idea of paying for a other MS OS AGAIN That half the time one spends defending. and about Ms WELL care less What thy DO..I am really FED UP WITH there tactics and Spying on There costumers

The bottom line is use our OS and do as you are told .and the stupid part one pay up for this treatment..

Mr Bean

Top 5 Malware categories

Malware samples are categorized according to their propagation mechanism and malicious function. The numbers show how many new Malware types have appeared in the according categories.

1. Trojan : 31.2%

The name Trojan Horse refers to the historical prototype and describes a program which pretends to the user to contain a certain desired function. Instead of or in addition to that, Trojan Horses contain a hidden program part, which executes unwanted and/or malicious actions on the system without the user noticing this.

Trojan horses have no propagation routine of their own (as opposed to Viruses or Worms). They are sent by e-Mail or lurking within websites or P2P networks.

2. Downloader : 25,6%

A downloader is a piece of malicious software which –as the name implicates- downloads additional files from the Internet. Beforehand, they are often trying to lower the system’s security settings.

3. Backdoor: 13.8%

Backdoors open a rear side door into the infected system. That way, the system can be remote controlled by an attacker.In most cases, additional software can be installed and the system is integrated into a bot net along with other Zombie PCs. These Zombies are then used for sending spam, stealing data or executing

distributed denial of service attacks.

4. Spyware: 13.6%

The "Spyware" category contains malicious software whose purpose is to steal personal information from the victim’s system. This includes any kind of personal data, including passwords, banking information, or even login credentials for online games.

5. Adware: 4.9%

Adware records activities and processes on the computer such as the victim’s web surfing behavior. Every now and then, targeted ads are displayed or search queries are manipulated in order to point the victim to certain products or services to earn money through these. In most cases, this occurs with neither the consent nor the knowledge of the victim.

Top Five Virus families:

According to program code similarities, Malware is categorized into families. The numbers show the most productive virus families:

1. Stuh: 4.4%

Trojan Horses of the Stuh family are able to hook into running processes by overwriting certain memory areas.

This affects, among others, Internet Explorer, network drivers or even certain processes of the virtualization tool VMWare.

By these means, the malicious software is able to manipulate network traffic or even record keystrokes on the affected system.

Furthermore, the Windows service for automatic updates is disabled and the system’s registry is manipulated in such a way that the malicious software is run upon every start of the system.

2. Fraudload 3.9%

The Fraudload family contains uncounted variants of so called scareware – programs which present themselves to the user as a security software or system tool.

The victims are told that their system is being scanned for infections. In order to remove these alleged infections, the victims are urged to buy the “full version” and to reveal their credit card information to specially crafted web sites.

Infection usually occurs through unpatched security holes within the victim’s operating system or vulnerable application software. But there are also attack methods in which the victim is lured into visiting websites which pretend to display video clips with an erotic or breaking news content. In order to watch these alleged video clips, the victim is told to install a particular video codec, which contains the malicious software.

3. Monder: 3.6%

The numerous Monder variants are Trojan Horses which manipulate security settings on infected systems which makes such systems vulnerable for additional attacks.

In addition, an infection with adware can occur which displays unwanted advertisements on the infected system, particularly for fake Antivirus products. The victims are told that their system is being scanned for infections. In order to remove these alleged infections, the victims are urged to buy the “full version” and to reveal their credit card information to specially crafted web sites.

Some variants download additional malicious software and transfer information about the victim’s web surfing behavior tot he attacker without informing the victim about this.

4. Autorun 2.7%

Pieces of malicious software oft he Autorun category use removable media such as USB sticks or external hard disk drives for spreading.

The convenient autorun function which is contained in common Microsoft operating systems is actively abused to inject malicious software into the victim’s system.

Through clever manipulation of graphical icons, which show up in an autorun menu after connecting the removable media, victims are lured into running the actual malicious code. For example, the first item of the menu shows a folder symbol, which is supposed to display the directory structure, but when clicked, will actually launch a malicious EXE file.

5. Buzus 2.7%

Trojan Horses oft he Buzus family browse their victims’ infected systems for personal data such as credit card or online banking login information or E-Mail or FTP credentials.

In addition, they try to modify security settings of the affected system

Scary HU

About 91.000 are in the wild So far thy estimate...

i read forgot were linux has about 900 tho almost imposable to live on a Drives,linux system

Mr Bean

Autorun Eater

this should stop the spread of this on drives...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715

disable or enable auto run

or you could try this one

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Autorun-Eater-Download-85585.html

or here

Autorun Eater 2.5 My PICK

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Autorun-Eater_program_36548.html

Explanaiton

Autorun Eater was born due to the increase of malwares using the ‘autorun.inf’ method to infect users unknowingly be it from flash drives, removable hard disks or any other removable storage device.

When a device is infected with a malware and an ‘autorun.inf’ file is dropped, the shell menu is normally modified to execute the malware whenever the unsuspecting user accesses the infected drive.

Autorun Eater will warn you and remove any suspicious ‘autorun.inf’ files(based on user decision/settings) so that the malware is not executed while accessing the infected drive. There are also certain cases whereby the malware has been removed by an antivirus but the ‘autorun.inf’ file remains. This will cause the drive to be inaccessible through the conventional method(double-click). Autorun Eater will also remove it if necessary so that you can access the drive as usual.

Features:

* Prevent malware infection through removable storage devices(pendrives, portable hard disk, etc)

* Install and forget, Autorun Eater monitors all drives(except A:, B:, and CD/DVD drives) in real time!

* Manually scan drives A: and B: if you have access to either one or both(eg. Floppy)

* Pause at any time

* Deleted suspicious ‘autorun.inf’ file(s) are auto-backup’ed

* Events are logged for future reference

* Fix 3 common critical registry changes made by malwares

Now read first and decide!

Mr Bean

Top 5 Malware categories

Malware samples are categorized according to their propagation mechanism and malicious function. The numbers show how many new Malware types have appeared in the according categories.

1. Trojan : 31.2%

The name Trojan Horse refers to the historical prototype and describes a program which pretends to the user to contain a certain desired function. Instead of or in addition to that, Trojan Horses contain a hidden program part, which executes unwanted and/or malicious actions on the system without the user noticing this.

Trojan horses have no propagation routine of their own (as opposed to Viruses or Worms). They are sent by e-Mail or lurking within websites or P2P networks.

2. Downloader : 25,6%

A downloader is a piece of malicious software which –as the name implicates- downloads additional files from the Internet. Beforehand, they are often trying to lower the system’s security settings.

3. Backdoor: 13.8%

Backdoors open a rear side door into the infected system. That way, the system can be remote controlled by an attacker.In most cases, additional software can be installed and the system is integrated into a bot net along with other Zombie PCs. These Zombies are then used for sending spam, stealing data or executing

distributed denial of service attacks.

4. Spyware: 13.6%

The "Spyware" category contains malicious software whose purpose is to steal personal information from the victim’s system. This includes any kind of personal data, including passwords, banking information, or even login credentials for online games.

5. Adware: 4.9%

Adware records activities and processes on the computer such as the victim’s web surfing behavior. Every now and then, targeted ads are displayed or search queries are manipulated in order to point the victim to certain products or services to earn money through these. In most cases, this occurs with neither the consent nor the knowledge of the victim.

Top Five Virus families:

According to program code similarities, Malware is categorized into families. The numbers show the most productive virus families:

1. Stuh: 4.4%

Trojan Horses of the Stuh family are able to hook into running processes by overwriting certain memory areas.

This affects, among others, Internet Explorer, network drivers or even certain processes of the virtualization tool VMWare.

By these means, the malicious software is able to manipulate network traffic or even record keystrokes on the affected system.

Furthermore, the Windows service for automatic updates is disabled and the system’s registry is manipulated in such a way that the malicious software is run upon every start of the system.

2. Fraudload 3.9%

The Fraudload family contains uncounted variants of so called scareware – programs which present themselves to the user as a security software or system tool.

The victims are told that their system is being scanned for infections. In order to remove these alleged infections, the victims are urged to buy the “full version” and to reveal their credit card information to specially crafted web sites.

Infection usually occurs through unpatched security holes within the victim’s operating system or vulnerable application software. But there are also attack methods in which the victim is lured into visiting websites which pretend to display video clips with an erotic or breaking news content. In order to watch these alleged video clips, the victim is told to install a particular video codec, which contains the malicious software.

3. Monder: 3.6%

The numerous Monder variants are Trojan Horses which manipulate security settings on infected systems which makes such systems vulnerable for additional attacks.

In addition, an infection with adware can occur which displays unwanted advertisements on the infected system, particularly for fake Antivirus products. The victims are told that their system is being scanned for infections. In order to remove these alleged infections, the victims are urged to buy the “full version” and to reveal their credit card information to specially crafted web sites.

Some variants download additional malicious software and transfer information about the victim’s web surfing behavior tot he attacker without informing the victim about this.

4. Autorun 2.7%

Pieces of malicious software oft he Autorun category use removable media such as USB sticks or external hard disk drives for spreading.

The convenient autorun function which is contained in common Microsoft operating systems is actively abused to inject malicious software into the victim’s system.

Through clever manipulation of graphical icons, which show up in an autorun menu after connecting the removable media, victims are lured into running the actual malicious code. For example, the first item of the menu shows a folder symbol, which is supposed to display the directory structure, but when clicked, will actually launch a malicious EXE file.

5. Buzus 2.7%

Trojan Horses oft he Buzus family browse their victims’ infected systems for personal data such as credit card or online banking login information or E-Mail or FTP credentials.

In addition, they try to modify security settings of the affected system

Scary HU

About 91.000 are in the wild So far thy estimate...

i read forgot were linux has about 900 tho almost imposable to live on a Drives,linux system

Mr Bean

Hi Mr. Bean!

Where do you get these statistics from???? The numbers don't add up as reported. Please help me understand!

Perhaps the numbers delineate because of the cloudy definition of the difference between virus and malware???

Did you mean... Malware and Virus samples are categorized according to their propagation mechanism and malicious function. The numbers show how many new Malware types have appeared in the according categories.

Instead of: Malware samples are categorized according to their propagation mechanism and malicious function. The numbers show how many new Malware types have appeared in the according categories. ??

Even if that is the case the math doesn't work... then you would be accounting for close to 105% of samples!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Top "5"Malware categories malaware and virus that were considered most and made it in the top 5..jumped up...% wize

thy did not post more so that's probably why .the total what you see there would not compute..

Esample...

1. Trojan : 31.2% what thy found now before that last year probably lower

That is how I saw its interpretation % wize of its type that climbed up in the type according categories. and the most % of the type that climed up ended in the top 5 listed...

In other words-

the type, of the type, went into a list of its type, then worked out it's type %

ending in its type, and category of its type.,plus its type that jumped in its type of, the type went in the type's top 5.list

hope that the explanatory answer helped

Mr Bean

Archived