IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Startup very long time

Franck

I suggest that you disable the 'Auto-load at Start-up' option.

Then just load and run it when you Need it.

That is disabled at top of the 'General-settings' page, in Settings.

Let us know if that Actually disables the autoload, since I have some question if it really works, every time, after an upgrade?

(the Registry entries, for previous version, may Not be completely removed if autoload was not disabled before upgrade)

Note: I have always disabled the Autoload at startup option, so I've not seen that problem

I've had the exact same problem (see my post if not already)

I disabled auto-start up/deleted from msconfig. For whatever reason XP still hangs for those few minutes. System restored back 10 mins prior to installing V5, leaving V4 run as perfectly as it always had. V5 is no good for me

Hi Franck,

In theory, ASC won't affect the Startup time of your PC, :-(please kindly help us look into this issue.

Please rename the delayload.exe or delete the delayload.exe under the installation folder of Advanced SystemCare 5.

Usual path: C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5 or C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 5

lastly, please check whether it is better and let us know the result.:wink:

Hi Cicely

After at least 20 system restores and various tests trying to pinpoint the problem, I've found that the problem is down to the turboboost.

To find out I saved a system restore point before again installing for the first time ASC V5. After installing V5 i then shutdown my pc. Turned back on all good so far.

I then ran just one clean at a time (as the pro version) - restarted, if all ok I saved as another system restore point. I did this for every clean, amazingly it all worked fine.

Then I came to the turbo-boost option, turned it on and also saved it to load on start-up. Restarted my pc, and hey there we go the xp wallpaper hanging for a few minutes before loading.

I then turn off turbo-boost and remove it from starting up, restart and my pc is as fast as usual.

I would suggest turning off the turbo-boost to see if that helps your situation. I have no idea why it is now only affecting me though, as I've always used it in the past. With a lot of effort this is my issue which now remains off.

XP + Turbo Boost autostart = slow bootup

Another vote here for turning off Turbo Boost auto start on an XP system. I was having the same symptoms as Ryan-London. (Thanks for the methodical troubleshooting!) Clearing the checkbox for "turn on Turbo Boost with Windows startup" solved the sluggish bootup.

I also tried turning off ActiveBoost with startup too, but didn't seem to matter so I've set it to ON.

No problem! I was determined to find out why all of a sudden my pc was sluggish, just a case of trial and error ;-)

I have it off still and all is good, I don't think people really need a turbo-boost option if their systems are regularly cleaned with the likes of ASC. I mean before V5 where I then decided to format and figure this issue out, the last time I formatted XP was about 3 years ago, all still as fast as day one. Only formatted a couple of weeks back thinking I messed something up, only to find it was the turbo-boost at fault. Run cleaner every few days or so and obviously not download anything dodgy and all should stay well :)

Dear Ryan-London,

Thanks for your kindness to report this issue to us.

We have done the tests, but we didn't reproduce this issue on our end.:-(

Please kindly help us look into it.:wink:

1) Please make the Turbo Boost start with the Windows Startup, then restart your PC. (Please do not turn off the Turbo Boost)

2) please find and send us the temp.ini under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V5.

Note: the temp.ini only exist when the Turbo Boost is in the boosted mode.

Thanks in advance!!!

Dear Ryan-London,

Thanks for your kindness to report this issue to us.

We have done the tests, but we didn't reproduce this issue on our end.:-(

Please kindly help us look into it.:wink:

1) Please make the Turbo Boost start with the Windows Startup, then restart your PC. (Please do not turn off the Turbo Boost)

2) please find and send us the temp.ini under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V5.

Note: the temp.ini only exist when the Turbo Boost is in the boosted mode.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi

I just tried it, again hanged on xp wallpaper for precisely 80 seconds.......and here is the temp.ini file you request:

[status]

On=1

[services]

ALG=3

CryptSvc=2

FastUserSwitchingCompatibility=3

Nla=3

PolicyAgent=2

ProtectedStorage=2

seclogon=2

SENS=2

ShellHWDetection=2