IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Outlook Express Problem

wsdave

After updating from version 4 I cannot download new mail from the POP3 server. Outlook Express doesn't recognize my password. I have attempted several times to enter the correct password to no avail.

I have no choice but to revert to vewrsion 4.

Anything I should look for?

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Hi wsdave, welcome to Iobit Forum!

Have you tried to login leaving the password field blank? Perhaps ASC cleaned the file containing your password, so that it is empty. Also what functions in ASC did you utilize (quick care, deep care, something from the toolbox...)? Please elaborate!!

See if the "Rescue" function at the top right of the ASC GUI will undo the changes.

In the deep care and quick care function:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9257&d=1326066439

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi wsdave!

Use caution with the deep scan... I suggest you run it as Scan only... then review the items in the registry fix list before repairing. Be aware that high risk means there is a high risk that altering the item will damage your system! They will be checked by default. If you are uncertain and don't know what the item is, I recommend you uncheck it. It is not worth the risk for the minute gain in performance.

Also it may be worthwhile for you to review this thread: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5976 - Usage of Iobit products. Especially concerning the settings.:-)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!!

Hi wsdave,

Advanced SystemCare V5.1 has been released, it fixes some found bugs, please download it from the link below and install it.

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5927

Then please run it as usual, if it sitll cause the same issue, please follow the steps below to help us look into it.

1) Please use the rescue function of ASC and let us know whether it is OK.

Open ASC 5>> click the button "Rescue" >>choose one restore point (note: please set restore point to the time before the problem occurred)>>click "undo"button

2) Please send us the Log folder and Backup folder under the profile folder so that we can further look into the problem.

Usual path: %appdata%\IObit\Advanced SystemCare v5

Should you have any quesiton, please don't hesitate to contact us.:wink:

Thanks Cicely for your reply

I downloaded and installed the version 5.1 you suggested.

I installed the program using both accepting and declining the IOBit toobar/Yahoo option. Results were the same for both.

I do have an imaging program that I used between installs to return my system back to when I was using version 4.

After running the installation I noticed that my toolbars in Internet Explorer 8 had a black background with no font showing. I'm assuming the label fonts are there but in black. Originally my toolbars were grey with the black fonts.

I went to Internet Options>Colors in an attempt to retore the toolbars. Removing the use windows colors and trying to manually set the colors didn't work.

Since this is a minor issue I continued with running the Deep Scan. One time I allowed the program to "fix" all errors, including registry fixes, with the same results - not being able to download mail using Outlook Express. I tried the repair function however, ASC wouldn't run due to some files being missing.

I reintalled version 5.1 and saw my Intenet Explorer toolbar was still "messed up". I ran the deep scan however, I unchecked the registry fix option. I was able to logon and download mail from Outlook Express.

I'm a bit confused about sending you the logs. I'm trying to find exactly where these logs are located and how to send to you.

Since I have an imaging program - I'm going to return my system back to using version 4.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Dave

Hi wsdave,

Please follow the steps below to find the Log folder and Backup folder.

1) Please click the Start menu, then select and click on Run.

2) Type in the following: %appdata%

3) A Window with several folders should pop-up. Double-click on the IObit folder then find and send us the folders: Backup folder and Log folder.

Lastly, please provide the specific version of your Outlook so that we can further look into this issue.

We'd really appreciate your help.:-)

Hi Cicely

Thanks again for your time and patience.

I found the folders you spoke of but where do you want me to send them?

I can't seem to find an area in support that will accept them.

Is there an email address that you want me send these to?

Also - do you want me to perform a deep scan prior to sending the logs?

The version of Outlook Express I'm using is Version 6 (6.00.2900.5512 xpsp.080413-2105)

Again - thank you for your time and patience!

Dave

Logs Sent

Thanks Cicely - the logs have been sent.

These logs are right after running the deep scan without cleaning the registry.

I have a set of logs saved that are right after the installation and before running the deep scan, if you are interested in those.

Again - thanks for the support :grin:

Ran Out Of Options

I have attempted numerous installs with mixed results.

Today I uninstalled version 4 knowing I had my license number saved.

I declined the installation of the toolbar and yahoo search.

Right after install I went up on Internet and the menu bar was normal.

I was also able to log into Outlook Express with no issues.

At this time I rebooted my system.

After my system came back up I updated the license and went to my homepage. The menu bar was messed up IE: black with fonts not being legible. I have screen shots of before and after images saved.

I was able to log into Outlook Express with no issues.

As Melvin noted earlier - the deep scan is really aggessive when it comes to registry and extreme caution should be taken. When I ran deep scan I repaired all areas except the regisrty.

My concerns are as folows:

1: I'm afraid that ASC will cause inadvertent registry problems because it is aggessive. Not sure if autocare would lean registry on its own.

2: I cannot resolve the issue with the menu bar in Internet Explorer 8.

Since it occurs after upgrading to version 5 I can only assume that ASC is making changes whether IObit toolbar is or isn't installed.

Hopefully I will be able to send logs and screen shots to support in the future as two attempts earlier resulted in delivery failures. I would love to assist in solving this issue because I believe you have a great product.

I'm returning my system to pre version 5 conditions - maybe a solve can be found as I really like ASC.

Thanks again for your time and patience!

Dave

I Hope I Did That Correctly

I register and I begin to use service.

I cannot attach the entire folder - only the files within the folder.

I name the log ASCbackup#1, provide my email address to get the link and click on upload. File uploads and goes to a blank screen. I cannot find file afterwards and no email comes to give me location.

I attempt to log back in and system doesn't recognize me.

This service is making me feel like an idiot (maybe I am LOL)

Dave :roll:

Hi wsdave,

Try to use a file compressor such as WinRAR, WinZip, etc., then upload the compressed folders in .zip, .rar extention format.

You don't have to register to www.wikisend.com, browse the file in your PC, just Upload, and copy the URL address of the uploaded file. Send it/post it then.

SEE THE ATTACHED IMAGE:

(wsdave.rar file uploaded with ABCD.txt file in it, and content of rar file could have been a folder also.)

Cheers.

Thanks Enoskype

Now that worked MUCH better!!! :mrgreen:

Here is the link: http://wikisend.com/download/134548/IObit Data Logs.zip

Not only do I hope I did this correctly but I do hope it helps!

I'm glad that I have an imaging program that allows me to "play" with my system.

I want to thank everyone who has put up with my patience!

Dave

Something Happened

I have no idea what happened but the Outlook Express problem disappeared :roll:

I decided to completely uninstall all previous versions/folders of ASC.

I performed the install and Outlook Express allowed me to login even after I ran a deep scan with 1,220 registry entries that I allowed the program to fix.

The only problem that remains is the Internet Explorer toolbar menu issue (toolbar is black with no fonts displayed.

Support has the datalogs and I hope there is a resolve coming soon.

Thanks for all the help :-P

Dave

Hi wsdave,

We are glad to hear that the Outlook issue has disappeared.:smile:

You said, "The only problem that remains is the Internet Explorer toolbar menu issue (toolbar is black with no fonts displayed.)".

Could you please take a screen shot of the issue, it will greatly help us get the issue correctly.:wink:

Guide for Taking Screenshots:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Thank in advance!:-)

Screen Shots sent to support

Today I performed a clean install IE: removing all previous versions of ASC and running BitRemover.

I ran the installation by accepting the defaults IE: installing the IObit toolbar and Yahoo search. This hasn't mattered in the past but it was worth one more try.

When ASC was installed I opened Internet Explorer and my toolbar was normal.

I rebooted my computer, without running any scans and without updating the license.

When I opened Internet Explorer my toolbar was changed as shown in screen shot.

I have no idea what is being changed by running the installation program as that is the only function I'm performing at the time.

Thanks for your continued help.

Dave

Screen Shots

:oops: Didn't know I could post them right here. I sent them to support.

It doesn't matter if I accept or decline the IObit toolbar/Yahoo search options.

Also - this happens prior to any scans. I reboot system after the install where the problem occurs.

Here they are. THANKS!

Dave

Hi wsdave

Have you tried a clean install where you decline the offers of IObit toolbar and the Yahoo search option?

Cheers

solbjerg

:oops: Didn't know I could post them right here. I sent them to support.

It doesn't matter if I accept or decline the IObit toolbar/Yahoo search options.

Also - this happens prior to any scans. I reboot system after the install where the problem occurs.

Here they are. THANKS!

Dave

Installs

It would appear he has tried all manners of installs and uninstalls:

Today I performed a clean install IE: removing all previous versions of ASC and running BitRemover.

I ran the installation by accepting the defaults IE: installing the IObit toolbar and Yahoo search. This hasn't mattered in the past but it was worth one more try.

When ASC was installed I opened Internet Explorer and my toolbar was normal.

I rebooted my computer, without running any scans and without updating the license.

When I opened Internet Explorer my toolbar was changed as shown in screen shot.

I have no idea what is being changed by running the installation program as that is the only function I'm performing at the time.

Thanks for your continued help.

Dave

Also see post 12... here it is: http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=72731&postcount=12

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Mel

yes - I noticed.

My idea was to try the clean install without installing the extra two offers.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I'll wager that the Yahoo search tries to become the standard in the Internet setup.

It would appear he has tried all manners of installs and uninstalls:

Also see post 12... here it is: http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=72731&postcount=12

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived