IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

curious

titou56

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Curiosity from Titou!

This is from another thread here... Titou didn't start the thread but he most certainly has continued it!! It is also most curious! It is a JPG image and there is no animation or movement!

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9445&d=1328510859

curious

Hi friends :wink:

1976 is an historic date for binary technology. Two young, but very old friends, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, build, in their garage, the first baby of Apple history. They baptize the most sober of the world : Apple 1 and was sold 666 dollars.

What matters with this ?

why this name ?

why this price ?

In 1976 Steve Jobs was working in a community type farm in Oregon, that grew apples,

and that inspired him to name the company Apple Computers.

Since to most people, in the USA, the Apple is a very Positive symbol of health.

Steve Wozniak was worried about the copyright problems, but it turned out fine.

Here's Woz talking about the $666.66 price:

http://news.cnet.com/1606-2-5937610.html?tag=nl.e433

Hi Toppack :wink:

Ok, thank you...

But for many people, apple is the fruit marked by the seal of original sin, the apple stretched by Eve and bitten by Adam. Especialy with the bite taken out of it.

And for many people too, 666 is the number of the beast. Bible, Apocalypse of Jean 13.18.

Curious...

Hi titou

ϕ²/2 is 1+sin(-54°) – if you then add 720° (2*360 – two times around a circle) to sin(-54°) you get 1+sin(666)

Golden ratio is defined by (sqrt(5)-1)/2 = 0,61803398874989484820458683436564

Cheers

solbjerg

ϕ phi - golden ratio

sin(666°) = cos(6.6.6°) = - ϕ/2

where ϕ is the gold ratio

Hi titou

I didn't add the 1

The Golden Section is also known as the Golden Mean, Golden Ratio and Divine Proportion

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. the golden number usually refers to (year number modulo 19) +1

and is fx. used when calculating easter which are based on the lunar cycles.

Karl Friederich Gauss made use of it in his Easter computation

p.p.s. I think I attached an Easter macro in the forum a long time ago :-)

Could not find it so here it is:

'Easter calculation macro

Sub Easter()

'

' Easter Macro

' Macro created 04-05-2004 by solbjerg

'You can change the year

'The "Easter Sunday" can be changed to your local language

'Just copy that thread/paste it and change the name (place a ' in front of the one you copied from)

Y = 2012

C = Int(Y / 100)

N = Y - 19 * Int(Y / 19)

K = Int((C - 17) / 25)

I1 = C - Int(C / 4) - Int((C - K) / 3) + 19 * N + 15

I2 = I1 - 30 * Int(I1 / 30)

I3 = I2 - Int(I2 / 28) * (1 - Int(I2 / 28) * Int(29 / (I2 + 1)) * Int((21 - N) / 11))

A1 = Y + Int(Y / 4) + I3 + 2 - C + Int(C / 4)

A2 = A1 - 7 * Int(A1 / 7)

L = I3 - A2

M = 3 + Int((L + 40) / 44)

D = L + 28 - 31 * Int(M / 4)

'Selection.TypeText "Påskedag " & D & "/" & M & "/" & Y

Selection.TypeText "Easter Sunday " & Y & "/" & M & "/" & D

'M is the number of the month, D the day of the date of Easter.

'Based on Karl Friederich Gauss Easter computation

End Sub

Hi Solbjerg :wink:

golden number is better ? 1,618 033 988 749 894 848 204 586 834 365 638 117 720 309 179 805 762 862 135 448 622 705 260 462 189 024 497 072 072 041

Hi titou

Thank you for those words - pleased to hear it :-)

When I look at the number of people that reads my posts, I can see that not all subjects are popular :-)

That is OK - I mostly write them because I find them interesting myself or perhaps just curious. :-)

Thank you

Cheers (as in applause)

solbjerg

It is always a great pleasure to read your posts ! Very interresting way to continue learning ; thank you.

very best regards,

T2

Number of the beast (Rev. 13:18)

Hi titou

The number of the beast is arrived at by the cabbalists by inserting/exchanging letters with numbers and making use of +,-,*,and /

If your name is long enough you should be able to arrive at any number :-)

Using a=1, b=2,c=3 and so on ---, if it doesn't fit try with a=29, b=28 and so on, if it still doesn't fit what you want to arrive at try using all the possibilities +-*/ to make it fit. People that like to compute should be able to spend a very long time exploring the possibilities :-)

Fx. my given name and my surname just using the + and * in the appropriate places will yield 666 - in my opinion there is no great insight in that (I may be a small beast though) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. If you can arrive at 1998 you just divide it by three (trinity) - and voila you will have 666 once again!! :-)

p.p.s. Also the "Word of God" in NT was written at least 60 years after Jesus was born - and by some other people in some language. OT does have some Aramaic text though. Hope God understood that language. :-)

Hi Solbjerg

I'am not suffering of hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia :lol:

The translation of the Ecumenical Translation of the Bible gives for verses 15-18:

"It was given life to the image of the beast, so that it even makes the word and put to death anyone who would not worship the image of the beast. In all, young and old, rich and poor, freemen and slaves, it places a mark on the right hand or forehead. And no one may buy or sell, if it bears the mark, the name of the beast or the number of his name. It's time to have discernment: he who has understanding, it interprets the number of the beast, for it is a number of man: and the number is Six hundred sixty six. "

Hi titou

hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia = fear of the number 666

That was a fine word but easier to write in English :-)

In Danish the number sounds precisely like sexsexsex :-) (seksseksseks)

No fear on my part either :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg

I'am not suffering of hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia :lol:

The translation of the Ecumenical Translation of the Bible gives for verses 15-18:

"It was given life to the image of the beast, so that it even makes the word and put to death anyone who would not worship the image of the beast. In all, young and old, rich and poor, freemen and slaves, it places a mark on the right hand or forehead. And no one may buy or sell, if it bears the mark, the name of the beast or the number of his name. It's time to have discernment: he who has understanding, it interprets the number of the beast, for it is a number of man: and the number is Six hundred sixty six. "

usual things...

The usual A4 sheet (21 × 29.7) is part of a serie of standard formats that have the following properties :

- When fold in half, a sheet of this format, we obtain the following one.

- The ratio height / width of these formats is the square root of 2 or 1.4142135 ...

The A0 sheet, the first of the series, has an area of ​​one square meter, and other formats are deduced (rounding to mm) : A0 = 118.9 × 84.1 cm; A1 = 84.1 × 59.5 cm, A2 = 59.5 × 42.0 cm, A3 = 42.0 × 29.7 cm, A4 = 29.7 × 21 cm, A5 = 21 x 14, 9 cm, A6 = 14.9 × 10.5 cm etc..

There are also a variety of formats B0, B1, etc.. with the same ratio of square root of 2, but the format has an initial width of one meter.

This principle of balanced and ingenious format was invented by... Leonardo da Vinci !

Fibonacci numbers and the golden ratio

Hi titou

Fine!

If you then take the list of Fibonacci numbers 1;2;3;5;8;13;21;--- and so on ad infinitum and divide fx. the 51st number in that list with the 50th number in the list you will get quite close to the golden ratio and closer and closer the higher you get in the Fibonacci numbers :-)

The 51st number is 32.991.667.959 divided by the 50th is only wrong on the 6th decimal.

Cheers

solbjerg

The usual A4 sheet (21 × 29.7) is part of a serie of standard formats that have the following properties :

- When fold in half, a sheet of this format, we obtain the following one.

- The ratio height / width of these formats is the square root of 2 or 1.4142135 ...

The A0 sheet, the first of the series, has an area of ​​one square meter, and other formats are deduced (rounding to mm) : A0 = 118.9 × 84.1 cm; A1 = 84.1 × 59.5 cm, A2 = 59.5 × 42.0 cm, A3 = 42.0 × 29.7 cm, A4 = 29.7 × 21 cm, A5 = 21 x 14, 9 cm, A6 = 14.9 × 10.5 cm etc..

There are also a variety of formats B0, B1, etc.. with the same ratio of square root of 2, but the format has an initial width of one meter.

This principle of balanced and ingenious format was invented by... Leonardo da Vinci !

awesome

interresting !

Phi is also true in nature. This is for example the ratio of distance between the leaves so that they do make each other's shadow. this is also the number that defines the location of the navel with respect to the entire human body ...

this sequence is found in nature ....

http://data.imagup.com/10/1143870386.jpg

Hi titou

Very interesting for me with the shadowing of the leaves.

We can learn a lot from nature if we look at it in the right way, and finding the right way is what makes life interesting.

I always wondered how the ancient people in India found out that 355/113 was a close approximation to pi (only wrong on the 7th decimal) - much closer than the 22/7 we learned in school (wrong on the third). But India has produced many fine mathematicians.

And Sultan Khan an unknown chess player that won against several world masters many years ago. Notably Capablanca!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. 355/113 generates an error of 3.4 m on the circumferences of the Earth

22/7 generates an error of 16,119 m (16.119 km) on the circumference of the Earth

312689/99532 generates an error of 0.57 mm on the circumference of the Earth.

(American use of comma as separation sign)

p.p.s. The state Indiana tried to pass a law that set pi to 3,2 in the late 1800, but didn't go through with it .

Urban legend had it that Kansas had accepted pi as 3 after a reference in the Bible, but that all inhabitants henceforth were forbidden to leave the state. :-)

interresting !

Phi is also true in nature. This is for example the ratio of distance between the leaves so that they do make each other's shadow. this is also the number that defines the location of the navel with respect to the entire human body ...

this sequence is found in nature ....

http://data.imagup.com/10/1143870386.jpg

mysterious number

142857 is mysterious... by multiplying it, look what happens :

142857 x 1 = 142857

142857 x 2 = 285714

142857 x 3 = 428571

142857 x 4 = 571428

142857 x 5 = 714285

142857 x 6 = 857142

it is always the same numbers which appear, just moving like a ribbon !

And what about 142857 x 7 ? 999999 !

so, look : the addition 142 + 857 = 999 !

and 14 + 28 + 57 = 99 !

and the square now : 142857 ² = 20408122449 where 20408 + 122449 =142857

curious, isn't it ?