IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Not support Windows 2000???

OK, for the minimum system requirements for IOBit's Malware Fighter both here and at Download.com, Windows 2000 is a supported operating system. Yet when I install it on Windows 2000, I get (in big bold letters) 'Not support Windows 2000' (nice grammar BTW). So, is it supported on Windows 2000? Or is it NOT supported on Windows 2000? Take your pick...

And why do I have to look at a yellow exclamation mark in the tray icon just because I'm not running the paid version? Makes it look like IOBit's app is corrupted and/or not functioning properly.

I wanted to ditch SUPERAntiSpyware and put IOBit's Malware Fighter on this Win2k laptop, but not if it's telling me Win2k is not supported, and not if you're going to make your tray icon look like there is something wrong with your application. -kd5-

Hi kd5,

We are sorry for the confusion.

IObit Malware Fighter can perform scan on Windows 2000. But the real-time protection is not supported. We will remove "Windows 2000" from the System Requirements list to avoid more confusion.

Regarding the yellow exclamation mark in the tray icon, please kindly note that mark just means the real-time protection is not enabled. If you have any idea to improve that part, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Millions of thanks!

Why drop support for Windows 2000 Professional when it is the operating system that Windows XP was built from, but you still support Windows XP?

Doesn't make any sense at all to me. -kd5-

Hi kd5

If we go back to the first Windows versions we are about 20 years into the past. The support for Windows versions prior to XP sp. 3 (which will end the 8th. of April 2014) has long since ended.

I myself liked Windows 3.1 and Windows 98 second edition :-) but saw Windows XP as an excellent improvement.

Cheers

solbjerg

Why drop support for Windows 2000 Professional when it is the operating system that Windows XP was built from, but you still support Windows XP?

Doesn't make any sense at all to me. -kd5-

Every one I know considers Windows-2000 to be:

Obsolete :mrgreen:

So, I can't Spell it ! That's because there are not too many things that I really consider to be Obsolete,

so I don't use that word much,

but Windows-2000 is one of them.

Hi Toppack

OK - just poking som friendly fun at you :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Every one I know considers Windows-2000 to be:

Obsolete :mrgreen:

So, I can't Spell it ! That's because there are not too many things that I really consider to be Obsolete,

so I don't use that word much,

but Windows-2000 is one of them.

Archived