IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

have a fag!!

Mr Bean

Hi Toppack

What ring-size do your cigars have? And how long are they?

The weight of tobacco in cigars can vary between I guess 5 and 20 g.

Enjoy your small vice :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I have Never liked cigarettes,

but I Really Enjoy a Good Cigar.

I don't smoke more than 2 or 3 a week though,

since they are So Expensive these days. :shock:

I'll probably never stop getting them though. :wink:

Hi Toppack

What ring-size do your cigars have? And how long are they?

The weight of tobacco in cigars can vary between I guess 5 and 20 g.

Enjoy your small vice :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm not Picky about size.

Since I now order them Online, I usually pick a brand or size that I've Not tried before, that looks Interesting. :wink:

I tend to prefer them with a Greener tobacco though.

I think the older and dryer tobacco is a little bitter.

(Which is backwards from what I've read somewhere)

Even though I've been smoking cigars for almost 50 years, I don't think it is a Habit,

since I am thinking about them right now and I'm Not Craveing one. :lol:

To me it's more like eating a candy-bar or icecream-cone, It's something I Enjoy. :grin:

If Uncle-Sam keeps increasing the Import-Taxes on them,

I may have to start picking the Cheaper brands. :sad:

Hi Toppack

I don't see you as an addict - other than maybe a joke-addict :-)

What is the percentage uncle sam claims?

In Denmark about 85% goes to the state by now I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. by the way you are doing a good job here in the forum http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

I'm not Picky about size.

Since I now order them Online, I usually pick a brand or size that I've Not tried before, that looks Interesting. :wink:

I tend to prefer them with a Greener tobacco though.

I think the older and dryer tobacco is a little bitter.

(Which is backwards from what I've read somewhere)

Even though I've been smoking cigars for almost 50 years, I don't think it is a Habit,

since I am thinking about them right now and I'm Not Craveing one. :lol:

To me it's more like eating a candy-bar or icecream-cone, It's something I Enjoy. :grin:

If Uncle-Sam keeps increasing the Import-Taxes on them,

I may have to start picking the Cheaper brands. :sad:

I'm not sure what the Taxes are here either?

I know there is a Federal-tax Plus a State-tax,

and the State-tax is different for Each state.

I think I remember something about the Federal-tax being increased in 2010.

What ever they Are, they are Un-Fair! :!::-x

Hi Toppack

Certainly it isn't fair.

But I am sure you will brave through it - after all you are from the land of the free and the home of the brave. ;-)

I remember the joke that it today was more inappropriate to carry a pack of cigarettes than to carry a gun.

Massive advertising does have an effect.

I remember when I was called up for an information meeting at the hospital prior to my getting the operation for an artificial hip. The female doctor gave me a lecture about the hazards of smoking, I didn't embellish my smoking habits and said that I did consider cutting down the amount of cigarettes, she then responded by saying that this action would not help at all, I responded "are you absolutely sure about that?" She then stopped the tirade - but I never got the information concerning the operation - It went well though. :-)

BTW Do you ever say that a woman is taking a leak? At least women usually don't, right?

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm not sure what the Taxes are here either?

I know there is a Federal-tax Plus a State-tax,

and the State-tax is different for Each state.

I think I remember something about the Federal-tax being increased in 2010.

What ever they Are, they are Un-Fair! :!::-x

BAD News : thinking perhaps try cigars?? crossed my mind but perhaps

give it a miss any how I would cave in faster and smoke again..

taken from the

factsheet/Tobacco/cigars

Cigar smoking causes oral cavity cancers (cancers of the lip, tongue, mouth, and throat) and cancers of the larynx (voice box), esophagus, and lung.

All cigar and cigarette smokers, whether or not they inhale, directly expose their lips, mouth, tongue, throat, and larynx to tobacco smoke and its toxic and cancer-causing chemicals.

Cigar smoke has:

A higher level of cancer-causing substances: During the fermentation process for cigar tobacco, high concentrations of cancer-causing nitrosamines are produced. These compounds are released when a cigar is smoked. Nitrosamines are found at higher levels in cigar smoke than in cigarette smoke.

More tar: For every gram of tobacco smoked, there is more cancer-causing tar in cigars than in cigarettes.

A higher level of toxins: Cigar wrappers are less porous than cigarette wrappers. The nonporous cigar wrapper makes the burning of cigar tobacco less complete than the burning of cigarette tobacco. As a result, cigar smoke has higher concentrations of toxins than cigarette smoke.

Furthermore, the larger size of most cigars (more tobacco) and longer smoking time result in higher exposure to many toxic substances (including carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, ammonia, cadmium, and other substances).

Cigar smoke as with cigarette smoke, is and found be a major source of indoor air pollution if you smoke..

There is no safe level of exposure to tobacco smoke. If you want to reduce the health risk to yourself and others think about your loved ones but mainly your self..stop the hurry up of your death!?

reduce it .

I know NOT easy PUT in Practice! easy to say its so but trust this its a terrible thing to go and give it away! stop cold ..

So this has the same amount of risk by 100% verses cigarettes,100%

inhaling in to the lungs done by the breathing in of 2nd hand smoke directly and the smoke more potent by proximally 8 ?? times then cigarette smoke

while smoking a cigar you still take in to your lungs while breathing 10 times more nicotine then a cigarette ! and 8 time the smoke while breathing then a 1 gram smoke!.

1 cigar middle size proximally 10 grams is the equivalent of a pack of 25 + Odd cigarettes .when smoked. there for more dangerous(Toxic) and the intake of toxins in larger amounts.avenge, taken about 1 hour? or any where to 3 hours. size depending and make of cigar! secondhand smoke 8 to 10 times more toxic then cigarette smoke.already mentioned. smoking a varier of say 3 cigars? is the same as a smoker on 130 cigarettes same time limit taken, but the 3, more toxic! and do not Kidd your self just as dangerous! you still inhale the nicotine into your lungs! by breathing in the smoke you blow out around you,for to longer time it takes to end the cigar!

that now is 10 + times more deadly! when relight, as you smoke it.and do this over till done.near the end of the cigar the toxicity is at %250 higher than when it was first fired up!

the huge difference be that its done in lower dosages over a month .as with cigarettes. 250 verses 12 or there about.! toxins and more so in a cigar..are taken in at about the same rate,from the 1 gram cigarette.

1 gram cigarette.are,

uniform in size and contain about, 1 gram of tobacco each. cigarettes are made from different blends of tobaccos, which are never fermented, and they are wrapped with paper. Most U.S. that applies to all and makes about, 1 cigarettes take less than 5 minutes to smoke. a cigar, can take 1 to 3 hours! depending on make and amount!

so is it safer ? you decide that for your self ,lets face it if you love the smoking,no matter what a x smoker writes you will defend your habit

BO honest and accept the risks, as So and true.

there is no such thing as safe smoking! in any form ,do not kid your self

as I am finding out perhaps to late,I know that in the next week.

do not Kidd your self! its hits in deferent ways and who you are ,as in life you are gambling with your health!

and no one else's.the repairing fore ever in your life non fixable..but some possible recovery could be achieved??

Mr Bean

still beating it back!! and getting a little easer !

Hi Mr. Bean

I think that originally it was usual to use 1 cubic centimeter of tobacco for a normal cigarette - this amount weighed 960 milligrams ( 1 g equals 1000 mg), but as I said earlier the weight is now down to 3/4 of the original weight of a cigarette. (for some brands less.)

You can fx. test it by weighing a carton of cigarettes and divide the result by the number of cigarettes this carton holds. This method calls for cigarettes without filter (which doesn't really have any effect anyway and litters up our surroundings)

Just a little explanation as to the ingredients mentioned - I took one extra that I thought was missing :-)

Ammonia

Main ingredient in fertilizers - also ammonium water used for cleaning in our houses

The stench in especially in pigstables has a large amount of it and if there is little ventilation it makes you cough and makes your eyes water.

Hard on both pigs and tenders! Maximizing profits tends to make the area for the animals smaller.

The name derives from a region in Libya near the temple Amen where this fertilizer was found.

Cadmium

Is a metallic element often used in solder and batteries, fatigue-resistant alloys and at least earlier in the amalgams that the dentists put in our fillings which also at that time contained lead.

Carbon monoxide

Poisonous gas formed by incomplete combustion - almost all of it from the burning of coal, oil, gasoline and wood fx. also while grilling in the garden

Hydrocarbon

Rather imprecise - it just means that it contains carbon and hydrogen, which may mean fx. methane (swamp gas/natural gas) or benzene (which they used to produce DDT - which was banned in the US in 1972 and in Denmark 12 years later.)

Nitrosamine

Any of a class of organic compounds that are present in various foods and other products and found to be carcinogenic in laboratory animals. (related to salpeter)

Congratulation on your steadfastness - but I do think that the psychological dependence is the hardest to beat.

Cheers

solbjerg

BAD News : thinking perhaps try cigars?? crossed my mind but perhaps

give it a miss any how I would cave in faster and smoke again..

taken from the

factsheet/Tobacco/cigars

Cigar smoking causes oral cavity cancers (cancers of the lip, tongue, mouth, and throat) and cancers of the larynx (voice box), esophagus, and lung.

All cigar and cigarette smokers, whether or not they inhale, directly expose their lips, mouth, tongue, throat, and larynx to tobacco smoke and its toxic and cancer-causing chemicals.

Cigar smoke has:

A higher level of cancer-causing substances: During the fermentation process for cigar tobacco, high concentrations of cancer-causing nitrosamines are produced. These compounds are released when a cigar is smoked. Nitrosamines are found at higher levels in cigar smoke than in cigarette smoke.

More tar: For every gram of tobacco smoked, there is more cancer-causing tar in cigars than in cigarettes.

A higher level of toxins: Cigar wrappers are less porous than cigarette wrappers. The nonporous cigar wrapper makes the burning of cigar tobacco less complete than the burning of cigarette tobacco. As a result, cigar smoke has higher concentrations of toxins than cigarette smoke.

Furthermore, the larger size of most cigars (more tobacco) and longer smoking time result in higher exposure to many toxic substances (including carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, ammonia, cadmium, and other substances).

Cigar smoke as with cigarette smoke, is and found be a major source of indoor air pollution if you smoke..

There is no safe level of exposure to tobacco smoke. If you want to reduce the health risk to yourself and others think about your loved ones but mainly your self..stop the hurry up of your death!?

reduce it .

I know NOT easy PUT in Practice! easy to say its so but trust this its a terrible thing to go and give it away! stop cold ..

So this has the same amount of risk by 100% verses cigarettes,100%

inhaling in to the lungs done by the breathing in of 2nd hand smoke directly and the smoke more potent by proximally 8 ?? times then cigarette smoke

while smoking a cigar you still take in to your lungs while breathing 10 times more nicotine then a cigarette ! and 8 time the smoke while breathing then a 1 gram smoke!.

1 cigar middle size proximally 10 grams is the equivalent of a pack of 25 + Odd cigarettes .when smoked. there for more dangerous(Toxic) and the intake of toxins in larger amounts.avenge, taken about 1 hour? or any where to 3 hours. size depending and make of cigar! secondhand smoke 8 to 10 times more toxic then cigarette smoke.already mentioned. smoking a varier of say 3 cigars? is the same as a smoker on 130 cigarettes same time limit taken, but the 3, more toxic! and do not Kidd your self just as dangerous! you still inhale the nicotine into your lungs! by breathing in the smoke you blow out around you,for to longer time it takes to end the cigar!

that now is 10 + times more deadly! when relight, as you smoke it.and do this over till done.near the end of the cigar the toxicity is at %250 higher than when it was first fired up!

the huge difference be that its done in lower dosages over a month .as with cigarettes. 250 verses 12 or there about.! toxins and more so in a cigar..are taken in at about the same rate,from the 1 gram cigarette.

1 gram cigarette.are,

uniform in size and contain about, 1 gram of tobacco each. cigarettes are made from different blends of tobaccos, which are never fermented, and they are wrapped with paper. Most U.S. that applies to all and makes about, 1 cigarettes take less than 5 minutes to smoke. a cigar, can take 1 to 3 hours! depending on make and amount!

so is it safer ? you decide that for your self ,lets face it if you love the smoking,no matter what a x smoker writes you will defend your habit

BO honest and accept the risks, as So and true.

there is no such thing as safe smoking! in any form ,do not kid your self

as I am finding out perhaps to late,I know that in the next week.

do not Kidd your self! its hits in deferent ways and who you are ,as in life you are gambling with your health!

and no one else's.the repairing fore ever in your life non fixable..but some possible recovery could be achieved??

Mr Bean

still beating it back!! and getting a little easer !

psychological dependence is the hardest to beat.

Oh yes that is So !

I probably put it in a different way that you have stated.I call IT mentally, A huge battle of will power? not to smoke ,as you pointed out

Stop the nagging thinking,"I need A fag!" and overcome this with positive thinking. if that can be done! MANY have overcome this addiction.tho

this to me is the huge battle,I have failed, beat me 4 times in a epic battle of will power , the last attempt was one I nearly won. yet,I caved into.

A good incentive to try harder.

This time taking a different approach is looking better plus I hope not to late.

and hopefully will work.tomorrow going for a test check the ticker and the possibly or amount of re blockage..we see.after I have been advised. the results.

I shall repeat this again,you want to smoke? ether type or flavors.

and type of tobacco?,

then go ahead and the possession of your system,with the chemicals,good or bad! or what you be leave is not harming you! covering up of the piousness toxic, tobacco.by the day-today mind game of cover up.

and enjoy your life as you want.I be honest I wish my vies, were not blocked by the nicotine resents! I still be puffing As always have done.

I love a smoke! giving it up is no fun let me tell you that.

Remember no one really gives a hoot a nanny if you Do or do not.getting older may make you think about it but lets be honest .also to late to stop the rotting of your body.that is already effected by toxins. and excelled the speed of your death!? 4 or 5 times the speed??

who knows for sure.

thank you all for reading the post and get something from it???

and have a long deep think about it PLEASE ,cant hurt can it? never to late trying.

still understand if you do not stop,or Just can not stop..

Mr Bean

Hi Mr. Bean

I like my dentist - he is about 15 years younger than I - we met at the swimming center many years ago - and he has been quitting smoking many times for the last 10 years at least, usually it lasts about ½ a year and then he smokes for a couple of months - and he recently told me that he would have to stop starting again, because that made it just as hard quitting the smoking as it was the first time. He usually started from psychological/mental reasons - because he thought that the situation he was in called for a smoke to be perfect, - and it would be easier if he didn't smoke at all - all the time.

Last time I visited him in a professional capacity to get my teeth cleaned he said: "Well, let's get rid of Scandinavian Tobacco company" (he was talking about the tartar on my teeth) :-)

A couple of other friends I have only smoke when having a party and drinking. So they can go for months on end without smoking and without missing it at all they say.

That I suppose would be the best of both worlds.

The common advice is to not smoke while working - I say I never work while I am smoking. :-)

In your case the choice is easy I think, given the condition you are in.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. You will get no argument from me saying that smoking isn't healthy generally.

What bugs me is the "statistics" offered by the anti-smoking crowd, where many are so bad that even the average unbiased human being can see that they must be wrong, like the "statistics" that "proved" that churchgoers lived longer and many, many others. Also that they think that they are in a position to dictate the behaviour of others.

psychological dependence is the hardest to beat.

Oh yes that is So !

I probably put it in a different way that you have stated.I call IT mentally, A huge battle of will power? not to smoke ,as you pointed out

Stop the nagging thinking,"I need A fag!" and overcome this with positive thinking. if that can be done! MANY have overcome this addiction.tho

this to me is the huge battle,I have failed, beat me 4 times in a epic battle of will power , the last attempt was one I nearly won. yet,I caved into.

A good incentive to try harder.

This time taking a different approach is looking better plus I hope not to late.

and hopefully will work.tomorrow going for a test check the ticker and the possibly or amount of re blockage..we see.after I have been advised. the results.

I shall repeat this again,you want to smoke? ether type or flavors.

and type of tobacco?,

then go ahead and the possession of your system,with the chemicals,good or bad! or what you be leave is not harming you! covering up of the piousness toxic, tobacco.by the day-today mind game of cover up.

and enjoy your life as you want.I be honest I wish my vies, were not blocked by the nicotine resents! I still be puffing As always have done.

I love a smoke! giving it up is no fun let me tell you that.

Remember no one really gives a hoot a nanny if you Do or do not.getting older may make you think about it but lets be honest .also to late to stop the rotting of your body.that is already effected by toxins. and excelled the speed of your death!? 4 or 5 times the speed??

who knows for sure.

thank you all for reading the post and get something from it???

and have a long deep think about it PLEASE ,cant hurt can it? never to late trying.

still understand if you do not stop,or Just can not stop..

Mr Bean

Hypocrites abound!

Assaulting from all around!

Stroking their egos.

Haiku. (just wrote it)

In USA hypocrites break Christian word (on a personal level) routinely then "cleanse" them self through a "rite" at a building... even though Christ told Peter to build the church "In your heart" Many churchgoers use the building to alleviate the guilt of the judgement they have placed on others and the actions they made.

All organized religions become bent to political and economical concerns eventually.

The reason I post this is that in USA wide open public outside air spaces are being regulated as smoke free (removing the choice) by individuals who want to tell others what they can or cannot do... while at the same time doing what they want to.

Make abortion illegal again but not take responsibility for the children?? Not gonna open their homes for those children... not gonna pay to raise those children... but they will fight with millions of dollars. Let's regulate parenthood some more but not offer the solution and thus "cleanse" ourself.

What happened to the land of the free?

Will we then ban sodas so that the fat don't get fatter? We will have data limitations so that the gaming addicts have to stop and we will eventually end up with fart monitors so that we don't pass gas in public (methane is a greenhouse gas). You will be so regulated that you won't be able to go outside without clearance.

Sorry Mr.Bean I went on a rant.

The choice is yours... to smoke or to smoke not! Hang in there!:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

we will eventually end up with fart monitors so that we don't pass gas in public (methane is a greenhouse gas). You will be so regulated that you won't be able to go outside without clearance.

:lol:

But, here in America I can start a Fart-monitor business,

and get Rich. 8-) :lol:

Hi Mel

I just want to remind everyone that he paramount problem of the human race is that we live too long and therefore increases the human population so quickly that it will soon become unsustainable. - this enhances all other problems we have as well - environmental or pollution-wise.

Gerontological societies is not the best course I think.

Already the retirement age in the relatively developed countries ought to be at least 75 if we follow how they chose that it should be 65.

Cheers

solbjerg

:-)

Hi Toppack

I remember what a friend said to me back in 1970 when I was working for the Postal department for awhile (3 years).

He said the the government ought to provide a free moped (velosolex) for all pensioners - to avoid paying out so much each year to the retired people. :-)

Cheers solbjerg

Yep, all the world's governments Need to start handing out Free Cigars and Cigarettes! 8-) :lol:

The reason I post this is that in USA wide open public outside air spaces are being regulated as smoke free

here the same dear friend,and yet not taken that seriously by a lot of people.

smoking just outside the hospital entrance doors.I could smell the smoke!

steering my senses to have a puff.but stayed calm.seems ether thy could not read or care less by posted, all over the walls NO SMOKING. and the SMOKE FREE ZONE!

I agree with you that some of the ways of controlling or dictating is a worry, I alway felt it was being over done and a form of, you can or cannot do this or that.because we say its Bla bla bla,,,I have seen some carry on in a ridiculous manner because I smoked one in a open-space or park, or walking along a beach.well away from any one then approached and told! Hy there, you can not smoke here! or similar line.

but always being polite just saying thanks for the advice ,and finish my fag.

then but it out place that in my tin.want to know what I use them fore.?

keep the sugar ants at bay by stuffing the buts in the cracks! around the house.and use the buts as fertilizers and air transferrers in my vegetable garden ,plus keep out many rodents!

Really as with all things ,you are bound to get a do , head, that going to insist how you must behave.and or do or not do.

now I always have been and will be a sort that respects others Rights and or freedom,and I respect that also.and be tolerant If I noticed some one is in discomfort

because of my smoking,would always move aside then but out..feel thy have a right not to inhale my smoke. called respecting other's.

one thing I always did try to was NOT smoke around food,keeping well away.

lets be truthful.and honest smelling like a tobacco factory is offensive Enoch without polluting food!

and talk about food

I still can not get over the taste change of the food I am now eating.some types I do not like now! Suddenly every thing tastes different,!

Mr Bean

Getting a little better!

Hi friends.

I agree that we proliferate like a virus on the Earth consuming the local resources then moving on to others.

Propagating with no means to support... Oh but doesn't propagating feel so good!!?!!

Hey J... weren't you once the guy ignoring the posted sign and sneaking the smoke?

Keep up the good work!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Melvin :-)

Perhaps you would like us to adopt the behaviour of the bonobo monkey?

:-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I agree that we proliferate like a virus on the Earth consuming the local resources then moving on to others.

Propagating with no means to support... Oh but doesn't propagating feel so good!!?!!

Hey J... weren't you once the guy ignoring the posted sign and sneaking the smoke?

Keep up the good work!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped Smoking ????

Stopped Smoking!! after A near 50 years+ ( Cigarette!)

Keep it short now 5 weeks coming up! and look like beating it? I think So???

A huge struggle tho, I think slowly got it under control. but its tutch, and go the odd times.its So difficult and need to relay demonstrate to my self, I can Do it. and meditate.

[Edit] by melvin_deal: Combined threads. You already have a thread on this topic Mr.Bean. I don't wish to moderate you!! For continuity I do. Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!

I have quit and started back a couple of times.

Thus I know you are past the hard part Mr. Bean... you will now have to busy yourself doing productive things in the times when you were smoking!:-D

You must tell yourself... "I don't smoke anymore." Then do something else.

I've been there and done that!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!!!

P.S. Just an idea... Did you mean to change the subject line of your original thread to "Stopped smoking" instead of "Have a fag"? Being unable to do so... you opened a new thread?? If that is the case, then just say so and any of the Admin/mods will change it if you want(as well as remove this P.S afterwards) Just state your intentions and wishes concerning this thread. :-D

Hey

I think its a little better but the craving is a huge battle. the rest is easy. Now my fingers ,! are now 100% pale.and the smell has left my skin according to my dear one she is saying The stink of the tar is 99% gone,only a small tease, and the OD faint hint,on my Body,, --- my face is now completely free from stane! (the yellow color!) my fingers as I said also smell

free of any nicotine! the Dear one completed, several times now I smelled fresh.(finding that a OD comment) as No tobacco bar the Occasional, faint hint I was a smoker.but she omitted , that, also in the last week

dropped dramatically to almost nill/ the other thing I noticed the huge racking pains are now down to less then half!! and the OD times no pain! I amuse as you said that will dissipate more .in the weeks ahead. I have now removed every thing from the dwelling that hints as to smoking or any hints to being one.going out is no problem bar the od, hint and when at home like you are saying getting better every day.BAR THE OD SHARP CRAVING

MORNING THE WORST! BUT ALSO BETTER EACH DAY..

ANY HOW MANY THANK YOU FOR KIND WORDS .AND ENCOURAGEMENTS AS WELL

Mr Bean

Archived