IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter tested again.......

Hi acme

The editor is from an independent organization, but the reviews are not made by him but by other people.

Also the IMF review is 2 versions back. (more than 6 months)

The positive review for IS360 is from 2010 and almost almost 2 years old, this program is obsolete and replaced by IMF a long time ago.

It is a little irritating especially with some reviews that they keep them on the net for years, even when they do not matter anymore.

They usually give the date of the article, but one has to notice.

I decided to make a small test myself last week.

I have MSE antivirus running all the time on my computer - additionally I have IMF running all the time atomatically with all protection activated.

I downloaded Malwarebytes free version and installed it and ran the program.

Malwarebytes found nothing - not a single item. So I uninstalled it again.

Cheers

solbjerg

Here's another test by an independent organization.

http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-security/articles/126774.aspx

:-|

Hi enoskype and wozofoz

There probably are a hidden agenda - he has several posts with the same subject and the same reference - usually out of date.

He does have other posts too though.

I utilized his latest to show that malwarebytes didn't find a single malware item by me. Which seems to show that IMF is at least on par with or better.

Cheers

solbjerg

Wozofoz, ditto!

Is there a hidden agenda there?

Cheers.

OK, just to note that current version as of June 02, 2012 is IMF 1.4 and Definition version is 1136 with fingerprints of 431284.

The review is about IMF 1.11 with Definition version 1053 (August 16, 2011) with fingerprints of 405465 .

Cheers.

Hi acme

For your information naggers, grumblers, whiners, ranters are usually banned when we feel that no other explanation for their behaviour is possible.

Your current link is again a very old one - and on top of that both wrong and biased.

By me MBAM didn't find a single item when I tested it last week.

See my post earlier.

Cheers

solbjerg

Someone sent this test to me. I'm interested in using Malware Fighter, just seeing how it does.

Someone sent this test to me. I'm interested in using Malware Fighter, just seeing how it does.

In your defence, I have to say that I have found the Malware-Geek's videos very helpful, in determining which security programs we use,

He is Unbiased and does accurate testing, using the latest malware for testing, he does get very Negative when he doesn't like something though. ;-)

Of course you need to be careful, since some of the older videos are about Older versions of the security program, and are No longer valid information.

Now, If he would only make a video about how to block the 'Flame' virus, I would be happy. :lol:

Hi Toppack

Even so my friend - this is the fourth time this video has been brought up by this menber, despite it being made clear that the link led to an obsolete "test"..

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. the ´"test" took its point of origin in some malware that also contained viruses, -this in my opinion this isn't fair since the malware programs isn't usually anti-virus problems oriented.

In your defence, I have to say that I have found the Malware-Geek's videos very helpful, in determining which security programs we use,

He is Unbiased and does accurate testing, using the latest malware for testing, he does get very Negative when he doesn't like something though. ;-)

Of course you need to be careful, since some of the older videos are about Older versions of the security program, and are No longer valid information.

Now, If he would only make a video about how to block the 'Flame' virus, I would be happy. :lol:

Hi Toppack

Even so my friend - this is the fourth time this video has been brought up by this menber, despite it being made clear that the link led to an obsolete "test"..

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I just wanted to present Both sides of the Story, for the Jury. ;-)

As you hopefully know by now Microsoft has pushed through an update fix that supposedly protects against Flame.8-)

Hi enoskype and wozofoz

There probably are a hidden agenda - he has several posts with the same subject and the same reference - usually out of date.

He does have other posts too though.

I utilized his latest to show that malwarebytes didn't find a single malware item by me. Which seems to show that IMF is at least on par with or better.

Cheers

solbjerg

I use IMF Pro along with avast! AIS 7 and SAS Pro 5.0.x. They work together nicely. Anyway, once a week or every two weeks I do a scan with Malwarebytes, since so many people rave about it. Ever since I upgraded to W8-DP in September 2011 then W8-CP and now W8-RP Malwarebytes has found zero stuff on all my three computers. I guess at this point I keep running it on demand hoping that it will find at least one piece of malware.:smile:

As you hopefully know by now Microsoft has pushed through an update fix that supposedly protects against Flame.8-)

I did Not know that.

I only knew that they were working on it, (for a very Long time).

Was it one of the recent MSE updates,

or a W-7 OS update?

Thanks for the Info.

Testing

Hi acme

For your information naggers, grumblers, whiners, ranters are usually banned when we feel that no other explanation for their behaviour is possible.

Your current link is again a very old one - and on top of that both wrong and biased.

By me MBAM didn't find a single item when I tested it last week.

See my post earlier.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm not nagging or whining, just showing testing results. (I don't test) I was looking for a GOOD or EXCELLENT test results. Don't worry about me anymore, I'll skip the Malware Fighter and use another brand. Feel free to ban me...

:neutral:

Hi acme

Why then show an outdated test result several times? What is the meaning of that?

Please check if the link you provide has any relevance at least by date.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm not nagging or whining, just showing testing results. (I don't test) I was looking for a GOOD or EXCELLENT test results. Don't worry about me anymore, I'll skip the Malware Fighter and use another brand. Feel free to ban me...

:neutral:

Archived