IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

thanks for the help need ASC advice

cmjf0013

I hope I dont get in trouble or yelled at for this, but I wanted to thank super dave for taking time to help me, Im still having advanced system care 5 scanning several virses, But Im thinking its false files, anyways, super dave, if you read this, thank you, and I wanted to know, the pc is actually running so much quiter, the fan is gona go out, but Im thinking updating advanced system care on this pc would make a big difference, would you recommend that?

forgot something

I forgot to mention, the fan isnt messing up much, amd since you helped me fix the biggest viruses I have ever had hit me, the temperatures not even reached 175 unless Ive had several tabs online opened

Good news

Hi, good news :smile:

.....Im still having advanced system care 5 scanning several virses, But Im thinking its false files.......

Are you saying that Advanced SystemCare always finds "several viruse" on your computer and reports it when the scan has finished or that you see it written near the bottom of the screen while Advanced SystemCare is scanning?

The items that are shown during the scan is what Advanced SystemCare is looking for not what it has found. See image.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9304&stc=1&d=1326464481

All the best, woz of oz

Hi, good news :smile:

Are you saying that Advanced SystemCare always finds "several viruse" on your computer and reports it when the scan has finished or that you see it written near the bottom of the screen while Advanced SystemCare is scanning?

The items that are shown during the scan is what Advanced SystemCare is looking for not what it has found. See image.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9304&stc=1&d=1326464481

All the best, woz of oz

yea, I had done some research and from what I found, everybody was telling me (not on this forum) that those were actually viruses, and since I had superdave help me get the ones off that avg and what not couldn't get off its running smooth, I even tested this pc out, and I have had it on 72 hours now, and I have been rendering videos all that time almost, and recording, rendering with the program I use requires 2 gb, I can only use 256 at most, and it rendered 1080p last night, its not even slow today, so I'm surprised, but would you advice me to go ahead and buy adanced system care 5?

Hi cmjf

My advice is that you read Usage of IObit Products thoroughly. (Link in my signature)

The malware shown in the scan window - where it says Scanning: is in the start of the scan actually what malware it is looking for in your computer, based upon the definition files the program has - in the other part of the scan it is searching your files for malware, to check if some malware should be hiding in your files.

The found malware is quarantined!

If you take a look in your quarantined files - you should see how many the program has quarantined - if any.

Please report that here by sending us a screenshot.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. By the way I do not think that defragmenting videoes is a good idea. Better to place them on another drive.

yea, I had done some research and from what I found, everybody was telling me (not on this forum) that those were actually viruses, and since I had superdave help me get the ones off that avg and what not couldn't get off its running smooth, I even tested this pc out, and I have had it on 72 hours now, and I have been rendering videos all that time almost, and recording, rendering with the program I use requires 2 gb, I can only use 256 at most, and it rendered 1080p last night, its not even slow today, so I'm surprised, but would you advice me to go ahead and buy adanced system care 5?

If you take a look in your quarantined files - you should see how many the program has quarantined - if any.

um, got a problem, I have looked everywhere, I don't have it anymore, something deleted it, what happend? I'm going to try to re download it, This is so weird, I have never had this happen, I know it said something about errors last time, but I don't know what happened, let me get back to you on this, I got to do some research and find this thing, if I can't find it I'll redownload it, I'm busy today though, I'm working and stuff so I'll get on somethime tonight or tomorrow

Hi cmjf

My advice is that you read Usage of IObit Products thoroughly. (Link in my signature)

The malware shown in the scan window - where it says Scanning: is in the start of the scan actually what malware it is looking for in your computer, based upon the definition files the program has - in the other part of the scan it is searching your files for malware, to check if some malware should be hiding in your files.

The found malware is quarantined!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. By the way I do not think that defragmenting videoes is a good idea. Better to place them on another drive.

I have it again, I'm not sure WHAT happened, but its showing that I have a disc error, thats never happened before, BUT the full malware scanner didn't catch a thing, I scanned with avg, nothing, so I'm completly secure now, thanks, um, I ran accross this thing telling me I can get this adanced system care 5 pro completly free, is this a scam or something IObit is doing? I didn't trust it...

Thread moved

.....I ran accross this thing telling me I can get this adanced system care 5 pro completly free, is this a scam or something IObit is doing? I didn't trust it...

It might be an old 'give away' promotion that is no longer valid.

Send me a PM (Private Message) with a the link to the page and I will have a look at it.

If you want to buy Advanced SystemCare you should buy it from the IObit website.

Have a look at the Special Offer in June :wink:

....the full malware scanner didn't catch a thing, I scanned with avg, nothing, so I'm completly secure now, thanks....

Since this thread is not about malware removal I am moving it to the Advanced SystemCare 5 section so all members can have some input :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

oops!

I ended up just blocking a vital file (iertutil.dll) I have been working forever to find the soloution, I'm back now, but I had to delete all my browser history, before I did the stupid blocking thing, I found out, it was actually a pirating site, I'm not a pirate, so I just left. I felt so weird when I found that out, is there full versions of older products that I can download from yall? and the file I deleted, what is it exactly? I know that when I quarentined it, well, it wouldn't boot up, and explorer.exe wouldn't start, I have not got a CLUE what happened. I'm so sorry though, I know I'm getting really stupid about this, I'm not a computer guy, i'm a console guy, this computer stuff is like chinese to me, I'm learning as best as I can, so please be patient. I'm a 20 year old farm boy who hasn't got a clue what he's doing. I have been online for a few weeks now learnign as much as I can.

Hi cmjf

iertutil is a necessary file for the explorer.exe to run

You can find some more information here: http://www.file.net/process/iertutil.dll.html

Check if iertutil.dll is present in c:\windows\system32\dllcache

and check if it is present in c:\windows\system32

If it isn't present in c:\windows\system32 but is present in the dllcache - copy the file iertutil.dll from there and insert it in c:\windows\system32 where it should have been.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. It could also be infected by a virus, but I think that practically all of the antivirus programs would detect that.

I ended up just blocking a vital file (iertutil.dll) I have been working forever to find the soloution, I'm back now, but I had to delete all my browser history, before I did the stupid blocking thing, I found out, it was actually a pirating site, I'm not a pirate, so I just left. I felt so weird when I found that out, is there full versions of older products that I can download from yall? and the file I deleted, what is it exactly? I know that when I quarentined it, well, it wouldn't boot up, and explorer.exe wouldn't start, I have not got a CLUE what happened. I'm so sorry though, I know I'm getting really stupid about this, I'm not a computer guy, i'm a console guy, this computer stuff is like chinese to me, I'm learning as best as I can, so please be patient. I'm a 20 year old farm boy who hasn't got a clue what he's doing. I have been online for a few weeks now learnign as much as I can.

Hi cmjf

iertutil is a necessary file for the explorer.exe to run

You can find some more information here: http://www.file.net/process/iertutil.dll.html

Check if iertutil.dll is present in c:\windows\system32\dllcache

and check if it is present in c:\windows\system32

If it isn't present in c:\windows\system32 but is present in the dllcache - copy the file iertutil.dll from there and insert it in c:\windows\system32 where it should have been.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. It could also be infected by a virus, but I think that practically all of the antivirus programs would detect that.

thanks, I'm thinking one of my anti virus things blocked it, I unblocked the file, I'm NOT sure why it did that, i decided to run more virus scans, and they all came back negative, I'm guessing thats a good thing, so I'm happy now lol but I'm also worried that I messed something up like that, Is it possible that I did damage when that got blocked? Its not showing up in anything I'm doing, its not, you know, lagging bad or anything, its running just like it did before, but I'm wondering if theres damage I'm not seeing, any advice on how to check for damage? or should I worry about it?

this might be bad

I know this thread was transferred from the malware fighter forum, but I just found this process that I never noticed before, Isass.exe, I didn't notice this before, I have checked several sites, and 3 of the 5 sites I checked said it is probably a virus, what do you guys think? or should I start a thread for this subject alone in malware? I"m going through my running process and googling everything thats running, I have so many running its not funny, and somthings making explorer.exe and svchost.exe (theres 6 of that same file, not sure whats up with that) but they are BOTH running very high, its not causing too much slow down, but I'm still getting worried abut it, its weird

I just found this process that I never noticed before, Isass.exe,

svchost.exe (theres 6 of that same file, not sure whats up with that)

lsass.exe (with lower case L) is a legitimate Java-security program

but I think Isass.exe (with capitol I) is probably a Trojan-virus. (I remember reading something about that)

So make sure which it Really Is, a 'l' or a 'I' ?

It is Normal for Many 'svchost.exe' process-programs to be running at same time, in W-7.

I just checked this computer and counted 8 of them.

Which seems Strange but True. :lol:

I found this Info about svchost.exe:

Why Are There So Many svchost.exes Running?

If you’ve ever taken a look at the Services section in control panel you might notice that there are a Lot of services required by Windows. If every single service ran under a single svchost.exe instance, a failure in one might bring down all of Windows… so they are separated out.

Those services are organized into logical groups, and then a single svchost.exe instance is created for each group. For instance, one svchost.exe instance runs the 3 services related to the firewall. Another svchost.exe instance might run all the services related to the user interface, and so on.

it LOOKED like an "i" but I believe its an "l" its hard to tell on this thing sometimes, is there anything I can do to lower all that stuff? All I want running are firewall, internet and sound, everything else, unless its nessasary to the system, I want to take it and deactivate it, I'm really getting aggravated about the random drops in fps, even gamebooster lags it because I have to little ram to spare, so I just want to get explorer.exe and some of the svchost.exe system used memory down, I have fraps and bandicam if I need to record what I have running or what I have in services if that would help, I have EVERYTHING else off, even avg is off (I'm having issues with avg) I am not going to any weird site, just youtube and facebook and this really, so yea

to both of yall

I am looking for a job, I'll get it soon, but I have NOTHING set up that starts up, and other than default services, I have nothing thats running that I downloaded (avg, advanced system care) btw, advanced system care 5 free edition has an active boost and also has a turbo boost, with my ram being so low and the face that I have not got anything running, would it help? I can play them, AND I JUST converted a walkthrough video of the elderscrolls Morrowind in 720 in just over an hour, its just halo, so should I just be happy I can do THAT? or should I keep looking for something to help it? (btw, if you guys know ANYTHING about computers, I have a friend I know on youtube who knows computers, he says I should build one, is that hard? and is it better than buying from like bestbuy?)

Hi cmjf0013.

Toppack is the one to ask about building from the ground up... but you must be careful!

Do you know how to upgrade your RAM? That is your biggest bottleneck right now and might be relieved (sped up possibly by 512 mb) fairly cheaply and quite easily. ($20 USD) max. (you might go to a local small computer store and they might give it to you for free). All you have to do is plug it in properly.

You can run Speccy by Piriform (the free version will do) and that will show the configuration of your slots. Piriform is by a very well respected programmer and is safe... it will tell you all about your system.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

I am looking for a job, I'll get it soon....

Good luck with the new job :smile:

I have to agree with Toppack, your current computer is not worth spending a lot of money on.

OS + Computer Details:

Microsoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

processor Intel® Celron® M CPU 410 @ 1.46GHz

Memory 502MB RAM

Your RAM is not adequate by todays' standards and your Processor is not powerful enough for playing most modern games. I know you are interested in playing games so I suggest you save your money and buy a better computer.

.....I have a friend I know on youtube who knows computers, he says I should build one, is that hard? and is it better than buying from like bestbuy?)

Best to talk to your friend about that.

It would certainly be interesting to build a gaming rig if it is not too difficult for you to get the parts etc but there are pre-built computers that are designed for games as well.

You have time to discuss it with your friend and then decide when the paychecks start coming in :smile:

I know this thread was transferred from the malware fighter forum, but I just found this process that I never noticed before, Isass.exe, I didn't notice this before, I have checked several sites, and 3 of the 5 sites I checked said it is probably a virus, what do you guys think?....

You have just had the computer cleaned with the help of Superdave so I suggest you don't go looking for viruses that aren't there.

Be careful with those sites, unfortunately some of those sites mention the Virus, Trojans, Malware etc in the hope of getting you to 'run a scan' and then buy some software.

Surf safely.

All the best, woz of oz

I have a friend I know on youtube who knows computers, he says I should build one, is that hard?

Yes you can save a lot of money and have fun doing it

but you really need an experienced person to help with your First computer build.

Most of a build is fairly easy to do after you collect all the components needed

but knowing what is needed to connect up everything needs some experience, with hardware And software.

Hi cmjf0013.

Toppack and Woz are absolutely correct on this!

I was thinking still in terms of making the machine basically functional. The best you can do is double the RAM. Aye... the processor will certainly not support most games after 04 or 05.

If gaming is the primary concern... then forget this machine!

Perhaps this old machine will be the toy that you begin to use to learn about building?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

computer

when I DO get hired, I'm going to look into a computer, i don't know alot about this kind of stuff, might be better to get this thing to just, funtion, its working great, its not over heating, although the fan does scream when I FIRST turn it on, atleast until she gets warmed up, um, I have several videos I have uploaded that I randered out (NOT THE BEST IDEA! THAT REQUIRES 2GBS OF RAM HAHA) I have one that I'm getting ready to upload thats 720 of morrowind, I converted it so I can upload it, morrowind is an old game, its pretty easy on my graphics card, I just have RANDOM drops in fps sometimes, I'm thinking thats because of the crap this things having, and that file I mentioned, I haven't seen that until I ran the stuff superdave had me run, but I'm also thinking, maybe before I got to be REALLY into protecting myself from the virus, I look at everything this computer spits up, I do want to know, for gaming and recording, I'm still going to record morrowind, THAT games not anywyere to be found on youtube, let alone 720p, I'm going to keep it coming, ppl like that one, but as for halo, I'm LUCKY if I can get it to play right, would it be better to clean boot it when I record? or play? and if thats not safe, if I make a screen shot of what I have on my list, can you guys help me disable anything thats not vital to sound for my games, firewall/user safety and internet? I think thats the reason explorer.exe and svchost.exe is so high, I have NEVER seen them this high, even when I ran everything wide open, its weird

Archived