IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster Meter Freezes

When I got run a game with game booster, the meter freezes right before it reaches the end. When it freezes, I can't access anything because I disabled alot of things, so I have to restart my whole computer. No matter how long I wait, it does not move and only filled up about 80% of it. I want help so that this dosen't happen! My specs are:

-OS= Windows Vista Home Premium

-GPU =Intel® G33/31 Express Chipest Family

-CPU = Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50 GHz

-RAM = 4.1GB

-Disk Space = 208.1 GB

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem

I'm running GB3.5 vista 64 sp2

all buttons on the GB are frozen except for minimize and maximize buttons and also the send feedback button, and that will only work if the IE9 is already open. all other buttons on the GB are dead, the stop button will animate, but will not work.

the meter go's up to about 98% round the clock then freezes.... reboot is then required to get back to normal.

• 3 weeks later...

ending support for windows XP soon makes no sense since XP will be an active OS with microsoft for at least another year or two. Personally, i don't suggest ending support for a Microsoft operating system that will still be receiving open and active support from Microsoft for more than a year... Just saying.

ending support for windows XP soon makes no sense since XP will be an active OS with microsoft for at least another year or two. Personally, i don't suggest ending support for a Microsoft operating system that will still be receiving open and active support from Microsoft for more than a year... Just saying.

Microsoft XP was released August 24, 2001. That was over 11 years ago. In human years, that is approx. 1 billion years.

They are close to releasing their 3rd. OS's since then.

It is unrealistic to think they would continue to support such an old OS.

Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (All versions) extended support end date is August 14th, 2014. This information comes straight from Microsoft's support website.

There are times when Google search is your best friend. :wink: 8-)

End of mainstream XP support April 14, 2009.

End of extended XP support April 8, 2014.

Mainstream support—Microsoft will offer mainstream support for a minimum of 5 years from the date of a product's general availability, or for 2 years after the successor product is released, whichever is longer. For example, if you buy a new version of Windows and five years later another version is released, you will still have two years of support left for the previous version.

Extended support—Microsoft will offer extended support for either a minimum of 5 years from the date of a product's general availability, or for 2 years after the second successor product (two versions later) is released, whichever is longer. Please note: Extended support is only available for commercial customers.

General user support ended more than 3 years ago.

Hi Guys,

You like it or not, millions and millions of people are still using XP and will continue to use untill mid 2014.

IMHO, it is/was the best OS relative to the time it is created.

Credit for the below goes to Net Applications.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10517&d=1349126941

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10519&d=1349127197

I will try to make sure that IObit will not cease support for XP in their relevant products untill then.

All the best and cheers.

I am not arguing that XP was not great. It was the best OS for me in it's time. XP-64 had issues though. Vista was a disaster but W7 is even better than XP (IMO).

That's not my point anyway. My point is it's not fair to question why Microsoft is not supporting XP anymore. It's not like they haven't been warning everyone that support was ending. It's not like they don't have a newer, better alternative. It's not like they didn't offer normal support.

Since some of the new hardware doesn't support it, I think it's time we all moved on and stopped asking them to support such an outdated OS.

Funny,

I also miss the old file manager. Ever since XP I have used a 3rd party file manager (xplorer²) that treats files as files.

I always hated the way the newer Windows Explorer changed the view based on what type of file you were looking at. To me they are just files and I didn't need a multimedia manager view. I still hate that.

I apologize if I caused an issue here. I did get the dates wrong as I read them wrong. My sole intent was to simply explain that Windows XP SP3 is still in a support phase until 2014, so it made no sense to end support for IOBit products on XP before then.

XP is great for my laptop, but on my desktop, I do prefer windows 7 as it looks far better, is more secure, and more stable in my opinion. :-)

Archived